October 25th, 2013
10 months ago

Obamacare sign-up more than a phone call away

(CNN) - Health insurance enrollment is just a phone call away.

At least that's the message President Barack Obama and Department of Health and Human Services officials have been pushing as an alternative to the embarrassing technical challenges with the enrollment website.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Health care • HHS • President Obama
  1. tom l

@The Real TP,
    I responded to you on the Issa story and it actually went through! Check it out and I hope to see your response.

October 25, 2013 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  2. nintex

My tea party-leaning sister-in-law is singing a different song today. She just found out that her daughter-in-law, who has been completely uninsurable for years due to pre-existing conditions, will be covered starting in January. My sister-in-law couldn't bring herself to say anything complementary about the Affordable Care Act, but she sure wasn't running it down as usual. Being a nice person, I didn't rub it in, burt smiled to myself.

October 25, 2013 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  3. tom l

What if Angela Merkel called? At least they would have a record if they lost her information....

October 25, 2013 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  4. smith

@nintex- Not to rain on your parade but the govt. has had an isurance program(before the ACA) for just that sort of situation. There are alot of govt. funded programs to help people out of a jam but most people don`t know about them.

October 25, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  5. just saying

They told me we needed to first get set up with an application. That part was very simple too — I was asked basic questions like my name, address and Social Security number.
    Five minutes later, they said I was I all set.
    So did that mean I was enrolled? No.
    I have to call back– in one to three weeks - for that.
    Turns out, the call center can't actually process applications over the phone. They can just take your information and submit it for you.
    Once I get a paper statement in the mail saying I'm eligible to enroll, I can then call the center back and enroll over the phone, the representative said.
    -–

i told all you leftist losers days ago you couldn't do this over the phone with a call and you said i was making it up. now suck down your crow and apologize to me and every body else you offended with your ignorance.

October 25, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  6. Tampa Tim

Remember when republicans told us the Iraq war would pay for itself in oil we would get back, but cost us $2 trillion? Remember when the GOP told us tax cuts for the wealthy would generate jobs and more revenue but cost us $1 trillion? Remember when the Bush unfunded drug program took 6 months to get going and cost us a trillion? That is what baggers call fiscal conservatism.

October 25, 2013 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  7. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

How convenient CNN of you to FINALLY post a story about calling to enroll after you've posted 20 or more articles about the website malfunction.

October 25, 2013 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  8. Tampa Tim

What part of 'call back' means you cannot do this over a phone?

October 25, 2013 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  9. smith

@Tampa-The Iraq war did not cost us 2 trillion. The Iraq, afghan, and global war on terrorism cost us 2 trillion. Btw, which dems supported and Obama has continued to this day.

October 25, 2013 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  10. What's in that tea anyway?

Let's consider how much lives and treasure we spent on the Iraqis in a failed attempt to liberate them from a dictator...it will exceed a trillion $'s all said and done....but we are crying a moaning about spending money on americans to help them PAY FOR insurance. Its not free! If this site was giving insurance away at no cost, I could see the complaints but that's not the case. Grow up Tea trolls and at least fake like you love this country and its citizens. I for one am a real american and if I had my choice I would transfer all the money spent on the Iraq mis-adventure to americans in need.

What say you Conserva-Trolls?

October 25, 2013 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  11. Former GOP

@just saying
    I told all you leftist losers days ago you couldn't do this over the phone with a call and you said i was making it up. now suck down your crow and apologize to me and every body else you offended with your ignorance.

Leftest Losers? We losers have been doing pretty well in the elections. Go back to your Faux "News" fantasy island.

October 25, 2013 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  12. elliott carlin

I'm looking forward to being taxed even more so that my fellow Americans can get everything they want. One would think those on the dole would be grateful...but all they ever want is......MORE.

It would be nice to go back to the days of parents and communities taking care of themselves, but Washington will have none of that--can't lose that power and control.

October 25, 2013 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  13. Gurgyl

I just started ignoring these GOP idiots, any way they don't have a base to talk except spewing venom basing on color, race, ethnic background, etc. they lose like worst than crazy dogs in 2014. No one with right brain backs up Sarah, nor Ted the Canada.

October 26, 2013 07:45 am at 7:45 am |