November 5th, 2013
6 months ago

Chris Christie to Obama: 'Don't be so cute'

New Jersey (CNN) – New Jersey Governor Chris Christie touted his conservative credentials on Election Day 2013, and dished out some bipartisan criticism saying the Republican Party needs to focus on winning elections, and slamming President Barack Obama for the mixed messages on the new health care law.

"I think the party cares more about winning the argument than winning the election, and if you don't win elections you can't govern," Christie said in an exclusive interview with CNN anchor and Chief Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Chris Christie
  1. Marie MD

Jealous much fat bully boy?

November 5, 2013 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  2. Rudy NYC

New Jersey is one of the worst states in job creation. Hello!

November 5, 2013 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  3. Stuffit

The media has just one job, publish the truth. They fail so miserably.

November 5, 2013 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  4. Gurgyl

This dude may fit for governor but not the nation. Shhhh!!!!!! Helicopter, son, soccer.....shhhhhh, don't tell all!!!!

November 5, 2013 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  5. Thomas

I wish he would tell Ted Cruz to stope acting cute !

I'm not going to vote for a president with fake breasts .

November 5, 2013 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  6. Data Driven

"I think the party cares more about winning the argument than winning the election,"

Speaking of arguments, that's a dopey one. Can't win elections without winning the arguments first, big guy. In 2012, your side lost the argument. Then they lost the election.

I see Christie is still not being asked about how he failed the Romney campaign vetting. Oh well, perhaps Halperin and Heilemann just made it all up.

November 5, 2013 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  7. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

“Don’t lawyer it, people don’t like lawyers,”
    -------------------------------------------
    Now ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. Weren't you a lawyer as well fat boy? Hush!

November 5, 2013 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  8. Tampa Tim

If you don't include the wingnut lies from Fox, the media does a decent job of reporting the truth. They are just on a feeding frenzy from the billionaires and baggers, trying to hide the $24 billion republican shut down debacle.

November 5, 2013 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  9. Lynda/Minnesota

"I’m a conservative," Christie said. "I’ve governed as a conservative in this state, and I think that’s led to some people disagreeing with me in our state, because it’s generally a left-of-center, blue state."

Oh my. He really ISN'T ready for prime time. Well, today is his big day. I'll sit back and watch him enjoy it. But, boy oh boy, does Chris Christie have a rude awaking should he decide he really is going to try and hitch his wagon to the White House feeding trough.

November 5, 2013 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  10. Gunderson

Well old Gunderson still looking for those Shovel Jobs. Where are they? Maybe they in Wisconsin around Cattle Barns. Obama still "Shoveling it".

November 5, 2013 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  11. Wire Palladin, S.F.

Gunderson – Ask Boehner, he ran on jobs, jobs, jobs, thinking that attacking women's rights would create jobs.

November 5, 2013 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |