November 8th, 2013
10 months ago

Obamacare sign-up concerns congressional staff

Washington (CNN) – In the U.S. Capitol basement, an auditorium full of congressional staff grapples with the consequences of how their bosses upstairs wrote the Affordable Care Act.

Starting Monday, they will have to choose a health care plan.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Congress • Health care • Obamacare
  1. Rudy NYC

tom l wrote:

I'm sorry but I just want to respond to perhaps give you a little perspective. I just want to correct you just a little bit. It's not "Anti-Obama", it's "Anti-liberal policies". There is a difference. As a libertarian I can only tell you that I want my representatives to run on the platform of "we are going to stay out of your business and out of your life".
    ----------------------------
    Wrong. It's all about being anti-Obama. It's personal. It always has been. Mitch McConnell set the sights on the target. Libertarians are some of the worst when it comes to wanting a government that invades into your personal life. They want the whole world to be pastuerized to their liking: i.e.; anti-gay marriage, anti-abortion, anti-health care, and let's not forget anti-reality.

November 8, 2013 09:56 am at 9:56 am |
  2. Larry in Houston

@ tom I – Kudos to the Libertarians .......Some of the Independents feel the same way !!

November 8, 2013 10:10 am at 10:10 am |
  3. Larry in Houston

"""Wrong. It's all about being anti-Obama. It's personal. It always has been. Mitch McConnell set the sights on the target"""

that's the sad part .... that's why KY should have voted him OUT ..... He should be working for the People...it should not be a personal thing, period....

November 8, 2013 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  4. Fair is Fair

rs

Fair is Fair

Too freekin bad. Join the 4.2 Million on the individual market feeling your pain. Next up – The Employer Mandate!
    ________________________
    Ironic and irrational Fair- the "individual mandate" was Gingrich's baby- well, he and your exaulted "Heritage" Foundation. See how far you guys have gone off the map in 20 years?
    -------
    First – please see my comment and note I said "Employer Mandate", not "individual mandate". You see, rs, what I mean by my comment is simple – the 4.2 million Obama apologized to last night will look like chump change to the MILLIONS who are going to lose their employer-sponsored plans next year. They HAVE to. The actuarial science behind Obamacare demands it.

November 8, 2013 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  5. boungiorno

well.....................the next time those stacks of ideas to be used in the public sector are to be comed through for flaws and glitches we will pay better attention to crossing t and dotting i.

November 8, 2013 10:13 am at 10:13 am |