Veterans Day in America
November 11th, 2013
9 months ago

Members of Congress thank veterans on Twitter

Filed under: Congress
  1. Tampa Tim

I it's a bit hypocritical of GOP congressmen to say they appreciate veterans, when they hold up a food stamp program that hurts 900,000 of them. Pass the farm bill you wingnuts!

I almost forgot, thanks vets for our freedom.

November 11, 2013 07:48 am at 7:48 am |
  2. Tampa Tim

Thank you for our freedom. It is comforting that we do not have to rely on underground militias to keep us safe. Thanks for protecting our rights, glad we don't have to wait for Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, and North Carolina give women reproductive rights. While we are at it, glad we don't have Libertarians in charge of our infrastructure, safety regulations, environmental protections, social security, Medicare, veteran's benefits.

November 11, 2013 08:03 am at 8:03 am |
  3. Dominican mama 4 Obama

How do you "thank" someone on Twitter who very possibly DOES NOT Twitter?

November 11, 2013 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  4. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

Today, we salute the men and women who valiantly fought for our freedom. A simple thank you is not enough. #VeteransDay
    ----------------------------------------–
    Thanks moron. But we still fight!!! What have you done for this country lately besides shutting down it's government. I despise people like you who take our service for granted and flaunt it around for political gain.

November 11, 2013 08:22 am at 8:22 am |
  5. CB FL

Louie Gohmert wants to thank our veterans. Why did he vote to cut the SNAP program by almost 40 billion dollars. That will affect 900,000 veterans.

November 11, 2013 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  6. cumulus

What an insult, some of the war mongers thanking our vets, shameless, and disgusting, just like every time issa opens his mouth, if you think about it its frustrating, this guy acts like he really cares, please, its 100% politically motivated, when did his undying moral burden start? Why no investigation into the 60 deaths under the last administration? Did his compassion start on a certain day? If he is truly a compassionate man, why this one and not the last dozen before that? Or the one before Obama took office, why ONLY the ONE that happened under Obama, surely he is not just trying to make him look bad, that would be immature, and beneath a person in such a position, he would be degrading the office he holds. He was put there because of his lack of compassion, and his petulance to obstruct, and pervert the system, they definitely got the right guy, yes very disturbing man

November 11, 2013 08:33 am at 8:33 am |
  7. cumulus

Hand picked compassion, how does that work?

November 11, 2013 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  8. CB FL

These REPUGS in congress make me sick. They say how much they praise our brave men and women of the armed services. Why is it every time I turn on the TV they are org. asking for our money to help our veterans. Congress had rather give tax breaks to the people that don't need them. But then again no one has a child over there.

November 11, 2013 08:41 am at 8:41 am |
  9. Larry in Houston

don't typically agree with "Louie – Louie" but he represents the "hicks" that have huge ranches down here, but I agree with him this time

November 11, 2013 10:20 am at 10:20 am |
  10. Larry in Houston

@CB FL

Good Call !! I'm glad some people is keeping up with some of the "antics" our state gov't is doing !! LOL

November 11, 2013 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  11. marcwinger.com

It's sort of petty & inaccurate of the Libs in this thread to comment that the GOP is doing Anything against our veterans in hatred & non-support of the military is a Demorat/Liberal/"Progressive" standard.

November 11, 2013 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  12. tom l

Nothing funnier than hearing a liberal talk about taking care of the military. It just can't get more ironic than that. As if there such staunch supporters of the military. It's almost as good as them telling repubs about their lack of approval as if they have such a great number to talk about.

November 11, 2013 10:35 am at 10:35 am |
  13. Gurgyl

Thank you veterans, but War is Not the solution. You are a scapegoat for political thugs of GOP.

November 11, 2013 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  14. Dominican mama 4 Obama

...Oh wait, it is all about letting your Twitter followers know that you're thanking our vets.
    Got it.
    @ Cumulus
    I very much enjoy your posts.

November 11, 2013 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  15. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

tom l
    Nothing funnier than hearing a liberal talk about taking care of the military.
    -------------------------------------------–
    Tell me which unit you served in then you can add your two cents. What have you contributed to this country other than ignorance & stupidity?

November 11, 2013 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  16. tom l

@Gurgyl,
    Gosh do I hate interacting with a simpleton such as yourself but you do realize that our current president has gotten us into new and exciting wars, right? Or do the countries of Libya and Egypt not count in your book?

November 11, 2013 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  17. Rick McDaniel

Twitter........is NOT the right way to do that.......and I stand firm on that viewpoint.

November 11, 2013 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  18. Tampa Tim

Gomert is twittering while veterans got their food stamps cut.

November 11, 2013 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  19. The Real Tom Paine

-tom l

****************
    When you have had members of your family on deployment, its not funny ( My nephew, 2 tours, and his sister lost a friend saving two others from a suicide bomber; he's being awarded a Silver Star). So please tell me how my support of the military is a such a laugh riot to you: have you had members of your family under fire, or do you think its just like playing " Call of Duty"? I thought you were smart enough to figure out that this is not a left or a right issue, but I guess you are disappointing me again.

November 11, 2013 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  20. Lynda/Minnesota

tom l
    -----------

I wasn't going to respond to comments today, tom I. That being said, I am married to a 10 year veteran. Indeed. My husband spent the first 10 years of our marriage serving in the United States Army. Three quarters of my extended family (both male and female) have served our country honorably.

This is not the day for politics. I find your comment insulting.

November 11, 2013 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  21. The Elephant in The Room

They are not thanking them; they are PIMPING them. Especially the Republicans. If you want to thank them, don't lie to future generations of soldiers about going to war on false pretenses, donm't have continuous, never-ending, decades long wars. Thank them with a VA that can respomnd to them on disability claims in a couple of weeks. Not a couple of months or years.

November 11, 2013 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  22. Tampa Tim

If the republican congress is an example of GOP support of the military, why would they vote against veteran's benefits, food stamps, the poor, minorities, seniors and students? Maybe they did not know there are minorities serving in the military, military pay for soldiers is barely above the poverty level, and there are a lot of retired military who are not getting their full benefits. Republicans are good at starting senseless wars, but not so good at taking care of those who fought.

November 11, 2013 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  23. Fair is Fair

@ Lynda -

Thanks to your family for their service. My dad, 3 brothers, and son have served. I know what it's like to be part of a military family.

And I agree 'tis not the day for politicking (at least on THIS thread). I hope and trust your disdain applies to ALL of those politicking on this thread.

November 11, 2013 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  24. Anonymous

Obama showed his support for veterans by shutting down open air monuments for their service. They were just another pawn for OIbama. He could care less about the military, their families or their service.

November 11, 2013 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  25. Lynda/Minnesota

@ Fair is Fair

{{ internet hug }} from the wife of a veteran to the mother of a veteran.

My thanks to your family members as well.

November 11, 2013 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |