Obamacare's first month: 106,000 signed up
November 13th, 2013
1 year ago

Obamacare's first month: 106,000 signed up

New York (CNNMoney) - Some 106,185 people signed up for Obamacare in its first month of operation, a period marred by major technological problems with both the federal and state enrollment websites.

Fewer than 27,000 Americans selected an insurance plan through the federal healthcare.gov site, which is handling enrollment for 36 states, according to figures released Wednesday by the Obama administration. The site is still far from fully operational, leaving tech experts racing to get it working by month's end, as the administration promised.

FULL STORY

Filed under: CNNMoney.com • Obamacare
  1. Me

Sniffit

"So the hundreds of millions spent by our federal government over 3 years got a paltry 27,000 people signed up in 36-37 states, which may or may not mean they have paid for and actually have a healthcare plan?"

Tell us what the $24B lost to the GOP/Teatrolls shutting down the gov't bought us. Hmmmm? We're waiting. The website will eventually be fixed, but that $24B is gone forever.
    ____________
    Wake up buddy, everyone but you blind liberals on here knows it was the Dems in the senate and Obama who caused the shutdown!!! Now I bet they all wish they would have WORKED WITH THE GOP to delay, change, etc this law since it is a total falure as we self thinking non liberals knew all along!!!! LMFAO What was the number, I think 5 budgets passed by congress, how many got past the senate, oh ya, ZERO!!!

November 13, 2013 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  2. freeloaderpolitician

When will Healthcare.gov correct the Medicaid black hole?

I was able to receive an account on Healthcare.gov. I then received a message that erroneously stated that my application was being submitted to medicaid. I was a medicaid eligibility worker so I know, for a fact, that I am not eligible for medicaid. This could have been determined if the application had asked about resources since medicaid eligibility is determined by income and resources. I am also not eligible for SSD. I paid for it but not during the time period our great congress decided I needed to. What do I do now? I just want to know what plans I am eligible for and not sit in limbo because I was placed into the medicaid eligibility bucket. The Live Chat person was unable to answer my question. How do I see what plans that I am eligible for before I lose my existing insurance policy on 12/31/2013?

November 13, 2013 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  3. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

Where's our $24 billion?

November 13, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  4. truth hurts but reality bites

Obamacare was the brain child of a Harvard economist and a far left loon named Ezekial Rahm (brother of Chicago mayor). Two people pretty much devoid of contact with reality and driven by political motivations. They thought they could rework one sixth of our national economy and force us all to do exactly what THEY thought was right for one sixth of our economy.

An individual's right to choose his own healthcare plan would have to die, and it is now dying. The cost of the uninsured (Democrats call them free riders) would be paid for by the USA taxpayers via Medicaid and thru the astonomical policy costs of the Obamacare mandated policies (a forced hidden tax). So basically nothing has changed as the uninsured are still free riding off of all of us but in the process we have had the government take control of our healthcare and costs have sky rocketed (unlless you are a free rider).

So what was gained in this massive disaster? Nothing. Except government and politicians now control your healthcare.

November 13, 2013 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  5. Data Driven

Me,

"Wake up buddy, everyone but you blind liberals on here knows it was the Dems in the senate and Obama who caused the shutdown!!!"

Yeh, we blind liberals, and the majority of Americans polled on the question.

BTW, one exclamation point usually suffices for emphasis. "LMFAO"

November 13, 2013 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  6. truth hurts but reality bites

Sniffit
    "Something that represents less than point zero two percent (.02%) of our economy."
    You rage at the windmill over $300M spent on a website that will eventually be fixed, but $24B...EIGHTY TIMES THAT AMOUNT...p-ssed into the wind for NOTHING is something you're very quick to try to minimalize. Grow up.
    -–

If only Obama and the Democrats had agreed to delay Obamacare this wouldn't have been an issue, the government wouldn't have shut down, and the massive failure that is Obamacare could have been concealed for a bit longer. The Republicans have bent over backwards throwing life lines to you lefties but you insisted on keeping hold of that Obamacare anchor and riding it to the bottom. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water....

November 13, 2013 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  7. CB FL

I think it only right that every REPUG in congress go on national TV and tell these 106,000 people they don't deserve health insurance.

November 13, 2013 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  8. The Real Tom Paine

-WOW, why so angry

The Real Tom Paine
    You have the nerve to talk about vicious personal attacks when you are incapable of interacting with people you disagree with in any other way? Please. I had a point to make to this individual, and I will make one to you: I don't post the lies or blather. Unlike you. I actually have a point of view that is informed by something other than ideological blinders. Clinton is letting his ego get in the way. He is no longer president, and frankly, I don't want Hillary as president either. I have no desire to see the battle of the last 20 years being re-fought, and I want this country to move on, unlike the Right wing that seems infatuated with turning our great country into a Latin American oligarchy. Being truthful is never painful, but I can see how a bitter, twisted little person like yourself who is incapable of moving forward would find that concept offensive. Go ahead, live in that shrinking bubble that your hot air creates: we use you a cautionary tale on how not to live.
    _________________
    Wow the real tom p has turned into one of those bitter angry at life people, looks like even worse then most of the others on here!!! I have NEVER ONCE seen you question your liberal buddies on here (about any real meaningful topic such as Obamacare) but you keep saying we need to question Repubs??? Really, take your own advise if you expect other to!!! And I once thought you were a reasonable person who though for themself, man was I wrong, just another angry puppet who thinks they are owed everything in the world!!!
    **************************************************
    Thanks for the laugh. I have been doing just that, but its clear you have not paid any attention. However, I'm not doing this for your edification, since that clearly is a lost cause. Oh, and junior: I've never felt I was owed anything. I do get tired of the right-wing psters who come on here, crying a river about how they are supporting the entire American economy on their shoulders: what a pathetic display of greed and a hatred of your fellow citizens. If you knew the origins of what I was talking about, you would not hesitate to agree with me because I was discussing a very offensive and inapproprate post that Tom l had put up on Veteran's Day, blasting any liberal who said anything nice about Veterans as being hypocritical. Know something about what you are critiquing before you post, junior. Learn something about the subject before you post, junior, or be prepared to be schooled.

November 13, 2013 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  9. Data Driven

I suspect "WOW why so angry" and "Me" are the same poster.

Same penchant for triple exclamation points.

November 13, 2013 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  10. Sniffit

"If only Obama and the Democrats had agreed to delay Obamacare this wouldn't have been an issue"

If only the red states that made a fuss and demanded that health care reform not interfere with their "state sovereignty" and leave it to them to create their exchanges, etc., had not turned around and hypocritically ceded all control and authority over their state exchanges to the federal gov't, such that the website that was expected to have to handle a couple of slow red states didn't suddenly have to handle 36 tantrum throwing hypocrite states.....this wouldn't have been an issue.

FIFY

November 13, 2013 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  11. Sniffit

"If only Obama and the Democrats had agreed to delay Obamacare....[then] the government wouldn't have shut down"

Biggest, most dishonest thing you've ever said on this site, Clowny. What a freekin joke.

November 13, 2013 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  12. Bill from GA

Hard to get on with all the press hoggin the bandwidth, trying to show us how hard it is to get on.

November 13, 2013 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  13. Sniffit

"The cost of the uninsured (Democrats call them free riders) would be paid for by the USA taxpayers

It already was. The ACA merely moved that fact in a more front-and-center location where legislation and administrative action can help control the costs and how they are distributed.

November 13, 2013 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  14. Sniffit

"Wake up buddy, everyone but you blind liberals on here knows it was the Dems in the senate and Obama who caused the shutdown!!! "

Blah blah blah. The GOP/Teatroll weren't trying to fix anything and have sworn a blood oath not to do so with respect to the ACA. Their proposals were specifically designed to break and hamper implementation of the law. You know, it's pretty ridiculous you guys come out with this claptrap as if nobody has ever heard of your RWNJ websites and can't go places like Red State to see articles that decry "It's a Trap!!!" about legislation being proposed by Landrieu et al to "fix" Obama's broken promise about "keep your plan." The right wing blogosphere is on fire with people screaming that any GOPers/Teatrolls who compromise or cooperate in fixing problems with the ACA are "betraying" the party. You're not fooling anyone.

November 13, 2013 05:24 pm at 5:24 pm |
  15. Silence DoGood

@ truth hurts "If only Obama and the Democrats had agreed to delay Obamacare this wouldn't have been an issue, the government wouldn't have shut down"

Obviously not true. The GOP mission is to stop Obama's ideas. If Dems had delayed it – GOP would have wanted it delayed again and again, just because. Dems were smart enough not to re-re-re-negotiate because it was a fools game they would not fall for.

November 13, 2013 05:28 pm at 5:28 pm |
  16. Ol' Yeller

tom I posts on another topic:
    "And, yes, people like Sniffit, rs, Ol Yeller, Rudy, Mallory, Wake Up, Marie and many more are bitter, angry people. They are rude, snide, arrogant beyond all reason and downright mean. They think they are better than me and that they know more than me. They have made absolutlely false accusations about me on countless occasions."

tom I.... you crack me up and prove my point (Have I told you my theory on projection by righties?) I am not bitter or angry; and I am no more rude, arrogant, or snide than you and your ilk on here (that is a false accusation you are making about me).
    I don't think I am better than you per se' (but, I do know more than you on most these topics).
    Problem is kid... you can dish out (sort of), but you can't take it. Either quit your whining or stay off here. Or keep whining and take your lumps....
    For goodness sake, grow a pair.

November 13, 2013 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |