December 4th, 2013
10 months ago

3 questions the Obama administration won't answer about Obamacare

Washington (CNN) – Donald Rumsfeld's most famous quote has to do with whether there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

But he might as well have been a reporter talking about Obamacare.

"There are known unknowns," said Rumsfeld back in February of 2002. "That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Health care • Obamacare • President Obama
  1. Jason K. Minor

The reality about Obamacare is that it is a worse disease than aids and cancer put together within our nation. The President has no right to control the purse strings and move monies around as he wishes. The power belongs to Congress, a body that Obama seems to ignore. On a personal basis, I feel like our country has been taken over. The very best healthcare system in the world has been taken over by a man that talks out of both sides of his mouth. Obama wants to provide healthcare to illegal immigrants, is my impression. Israel is extremely important to me and the Islamic Conference has no relevence to our country as far as I am concerned. In conclusion, I believe the Prez has done several things that are illegal, unethical and at least one or two would give good reason to impeach him.

December 4, 2013 07:59 am at 7:59 am |
  2. Lynda/Minnesota

Yes, well. Scaring our seniors with outright lies - while deplorable in itself - isn't anything new in GOPerville. There is very little I or anyone else can say that will sway folks who are fostering this talking point scare tactic to cease and desist, but I am on record as stating I would never support with either my hard earned dollars OR my vote a political party so morally bankrupt as the Grand Old Party has become since the TeaParty takeover of its core platform.

Compassionate conservatives? No. Not anymore. Compassionate MSM flouting Republican talking points? No. Not anymore.

Please proceed, Reince Priebus et.al. President Romney is proud to call you one of his own.

December 4, 2013 08:04 am at 8:04 am |
  3. Jimmy Warndorf

Obama's current effort with publicity to bring up popularity of his so called "Affordable Care Act" is not going to work. There are too many of us that see through the man and his marx-operations. Obamacare is just another word for government takeover. I want the act repealed. I have no trust in the President's comments that so many without healthcare will be covered. You sink a whole ship just to bring more people on the boat?! I also think the President needs to stay within the guidelines of his authority and respect Congress. I don't think he is doing that.

December 4, 2013 08:11 am at 8:11 am |
  4. Tampa Tim

The republicans, the Kochs, and Fox, so desperately want ACA to fail, have fought it every step of the way, celebrate like junior high school cheerleaders when there is bad news, but, the GOP is like a swarm of insects, being led by a giant moth Ted Cruz into the bug zapper in the back yard.

December 4, 2013 08:19 am at 8:19 am |
  5. Rudy NYC

I remember listening to Rumsfeld speak on a number of occasions and shaking my head in disbelief. The above quote was one of those occasions. That man was confused about the realities of the world and the people in it.

December 4, 2013 08:29 am at 8:29 am |
  6. Anonymous

That's an unfair and ridiculous comparison. Too bad the teapublicans didn't go after Rumsfeld, who led the war in
    Iraq and put Americans lives on the line solely on lies and deception. But here they are, attacking the President who is
    trying to save lives.

Maybe the roll-out was a mess, but nothing compared to the costly mess of the Iraq war.

December 4, 2013 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  7. Anthony Deisla

And this was supposed to be the most transparent admin. ever, atleast to the gullible voter.

December 4, 2013 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  8. ora pike

INSURANCE BAILOUT--OBAMA HAS AGREED TO PAY THE INSURANCE COMPANIES WHATEVER THEY ASK-why? there is no payment section on the enrollment and until someone pays they do not have insurance so obama has agreed to let the insurance company get paid whatever they ask????? THIS FOOL IS DC IS OUT OF HIS POTENTIAL--lies are used to SELL us--that is called a con man.

December 4, 2013 08:39 am at 8:39 am |