Dennis Rodman will go back to North Korea; other ex-NBA players to follow
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman watches a basketball game with Kim Jong Un and his wife, Ri Sol Ju in Pyongyang, North Korea in February.
December 4th, 2013
4 months ago

Dennis Rodman will go back to North Korea; other ex-NBA players to follow

(CNN) – Seems like Dennis Rodman can't get enough of North Korea.

The retired basketball star is headed to the reclusive country for the third time on December 18. He'll spend several days helping train the North Korean basketball team, which will play at least one exhibition game against former NBA players in January, according to Paddy Power, the UK-based online betting company sponsoring Rodman's trip.

FULL STORY

Filed under: North Korea
  1. Rick McDaniel

Well, sooner or later, he won't come back from there. Maybe that's a good thing.

December 4, 2013 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  2. Anonymous

So, while this "good guy" and Rodman's "friend for life" is holding two Americans as prisoners, Rodman is taking a
    few friends to North Korea to play games.

Let's hear the same outrage for this as we heard regarding Beyonce's visit to Cuba.

Rodman is right about one thing, he is no diplomat.

December 4, 2013 08:21 am at 8:21 am |
  3. Rudy NYC

I wouldn't go over there no matter how much money they paid me. It's a completely different culture. One minor slip caused througth your ignorance of the rules, and your ash is grash. If you're lucky, you'll get solitary confinement for a long period of time, if not for the rest of your life. They'd better keep their hands and eyes off the women.

December 4, 2013 08:50 am at 8:50 am |
  4. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Dennis Rodman is a weird guy.
    Quirky weird.
    Last time I checked he was free to travel to whatever country would issue him a visa.
    So long as he doesn't exacerbate am already tenous international situation between the two countries I have no problem with him and his friendship with little Kim.

December 4, 2013 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  5. much thunder..little rain

i trust dennis to get the old man home

December 4, 2013 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  6. Rusty Krus

Stay there

December 4, 2013 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  7. don in albuquerque

Good, since he cannot get enough of it--let him stay there. Mr Rodman needs to try something, a little experiment. Put your finger in a glass of water, pull it out, and see what kind of a hole you left.

December 4, 2013 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  8. Tampa Tim

When you don't want to send Seal Team 6, send Rodman, he can do more damage.

December 4, 2013 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  9. Lynda/Minnesota

Dennis Rodman? Yeah, well .... enough said.

December 4, 2013 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  10. Rudy NYC

Anonymous

few friends to North Korea to play games.
    -------------–
    Rodman doesn't give half a hoot about politics, which is probably a good thing for everyone. He's working over there to help North Korea develop an Olympic caliber basketball team. He's working as a basketball coach.

December 4, 2013 09:59 am at 9:59 am |
  11. Anonymous

Thank you Rudy. I can read, I know what he is doing, and if he gets the two American prisoners home, I will
    apologize........... to him.

December 4, 2013 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  12. Rudy NYC

Anonymous

apologize........... to him.
    -----------------------–
    Where did you read in the article about what I posted? I must have missed everything about Rodman developing and coaching a North Korean Olympic basketball team. The article only discusses an exhibition game with former NBA players without providing the back story behind it.

What I did read was you demagoguing a man for no justifiable reason beyond your own self aggrandizement. That's what I read.

December 4, 2013 10:21 am at 10:21 am |