Sarah Palin meets 'Duck Dynasty' 'dudes'
December 9th, 2013
1 year ago

Sarah Palin meets 'Duck Dynasty' 'dudes'

(CNN) - Sarah Palin met some of the stars of the popular television series, "Duck Dynasty," over the weekend while on her book tour in Monroe, Louisiana.

"Had a blast meeting the Duck Commander gang as well as the great folks who came to the book signing yesterday evening," the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee wrote Sunday on Facebook.

Palin recently released a book, "Good Tidings and Great Joy: Protecting the Heart of Christmas."

The Robertson family rose to fame after creating the successful company Duck Commander, which makes duck calls for hunters. The Louisiana-based family later became the subject of the A&E series.

The Lead: Why fans flock to 'Duck Dynasty'

Photos posted on her page also show that Palin's husband, Todd, joined the gathering via FaceTime, a videophone app for Apple products. In one photo, Palin can be seen showing her iPhone to Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the Duck Commander clan.

"In this photo, Todd was FaceTiming with the Duck Commander team while he was out snowmaching on a frozen river in Alaska training for the Iron Dog!" Palin wrote.

It's not the first time Palin has met a member of the family; she took a photo with Willie Robertson, the CEO of the family business and main star of the A&E series, at this year's National Rifle Association convention. She praised the family for promoting conservative values, specifically Phil Robertson's view against abortion.

Washington, she argued in a Facebook post in August, should be more like the "Duck Dynasty" family.

"To our GOP leaders in Washington, especially - this is what Americans desire and deserve; we're not rooting for your social truces," she wrote. "Kudos to these Duck dudes for speaking their minds, and for their boldness in living the American dream of LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - reminding us all that it's only with freedom that anything is possible."

Related

Duck Dynasty star on the campaign trail

Will 'Duck Dynasty' star run for office?

Filed under: Louisiana • Sarah Palin
  1. The Republican Party Is Dead To Me

If this was meant to impress, try again. You really didn't come close.

December 9, 2013 09:02 am at 9:02 am |
  2. Dead Bear

She really does surround herself with the intellectual elite, doesn't she? She's nothing more than a reality tv star herself these days... or perhaps the female version of Forrest Gump???

December 9, 2013 09:06 am at 9:06 am |
  3. Al-NY,NY

that's about as much that sheiking harpie is worth....a photo op with these TV guys. But please righties, keep saying we're afraid of her and she's as good as any democrat. PLEASE keep her involved in your nominating process and she is poison to anyone she comes near

December 9, 2013 09:09 am at 9:09 am |
  4. bassman

Her new book on opened in the top ten on the New York Times best seller list. Tells me she has a quiet following. You see mothers taking their daughters to her book signing. You also see parents with their own special needs child. Grandparents, and service men and women also show up.

December 9, 2013 09:15 am at 9:15 am |
  5. GOP = Greed Over People

How precious, they are comparing beards.

December 9, 2013 09:19 am at 9:19 am |
  6. EDDIE

Well looks like I'm going to have to quit watching the "duck dudes" they must be teabaggers.

December 9, 2013 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  7. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

Duck Dynasty and Sarah Palin. I see exactly who McCain was referring to when he called them "whacko birds."

December 9, 2013 09:25 am at 9:25 am |
  8. O'drama ya Mama

Can CNN stop putting Sarah Palin articles in the politics section? She hasnt been a politician in like 5 years.

December 9, 2013 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  9. GOP = Greed Over People

"Her new book on opened in the top ten on the New York Times best seller list."

Quoting "facts" pulled from the radio blowhard's blowhole again? Something you found inside the Fox bubble?

I was terrified you might be quoting real facts and surely it was a sign that the end of days was upon us.

So, I checked, she is no where in the top 25 of ANY list on the NYT, and I even checked the picture book category(I am happy to report the NYT does not cover the coloring book category)!

There is still hope for all of humanity!

December 9, 2013 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama

EDDIE

-------------------------------------------------
    Yes, she's ruined them for me as well.
    Too bad as I really enjoyed Uncle Sy and his less than cerebral but always funny antics.

December 9, 2013 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  11. Rudy NYC

Just as I had never heard of a "Honey Boo Boo" last year round this time, I will freely admit complete ignorance of "Duck Dynasty", and I'm proud of it.

December 9, 2013 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  12. The Real Tom Paine

Yes, I watched the show, and actually enjoyed it, until I saw all of them blaze away with rifles, shotguns, and semi-automatics at a beaver that had the audacity to build a dam on thier land. It does not take a half-dozen men to kill a beaver, much leass a half-dozen men blazing away repeatedly. It was just the latest in a long line of worthless demonstration of their own arrogance, not a demonstration of real hunters showing respect for the environment and their land. Redneck Kardashians, and even less useful as role models.

December 9, 2013 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  13. ARMYCSM

I think I would have rather seen them smoking crack than to see them pal -ing around with this bufoon! I knew what they were before this; That's why I never have watch the show.

December 9, 2013 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  14. sonny chapman

Phil & Allen could REALLY shock this "Christian" woman by reading a couple of verses of the Four Gospels to her. She'd probably call J.C. a Commie, Liberal, Marxist. The Duck Dynasty guys generally walk the walk of Jesus too. They just got a Repub. elected to Congress that just couldn't toe the Party Line & fight to keep poor folks off of Medicaid.

December 9, 2013 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  15. stormchaser101

Anything palin is total waste of time she is queen of the haters bigots and no good teabaggers

December 9, 2013 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  16. bassman

We learned a lot about the people that disagree with Sarah Palin and show up in the comment section. By and large this is a group of people that agree with Martin Bashir. Unscrupulous is the word that comes to mind. Does our media really want to pander to this kind person?

December 9, 2013 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Gee Tom Paine I saw the same show and lmao, as I was intended to do by such an obvious, over the top display of silliness. As a matter of fact in that same episode the grandfather was trying to break the grandkids away from their smart phones, and video games by having them sweep the back 40.
    "Reality" shows are good for having you waste your real-life while watching someone else's so-called real life on tv; I've recently discovered Duck Dynasty and I find them to be the good old-fashioned fun.
    They are not offensive a la Kardshians or Housewives.

@ Rudy: I've never watched "Honey Boo Boo" but won't knock those that do. To each his own and all of that good stuff Rudy!

December 9, 2013 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  18. Lynda/Minnesota

Rudy NYC
    ------------

Honey Boo Boo and Ducks Dynasty? I'm with you, Rudy. I've not watched either show and have no interest to start now.

December 9, 2013 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  19. rs

What a match. Uneducated trash all.

December 9, 2013 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  20. rs

bassman

______________________
    Not because the public buys them. Most copies of Palin's "books" are bought by the Right's fundraising organizations and offered as incentives for donations. The few copies that make it to stores (like Sam's Club or Walmart) wind up on the extreme sales tables or they get pulped into recycled paper after a couple of months.

December 9, 2013 09:57 am at 9:57 am |
  21. Anonymous

Why is this important?

December 9, 2013 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  22. GOP = Greed Over People

"Does our media really want to pander to this kind person?"

Does the media really want to pander to the type of a lying troll that cites false hoods as "facts"?

December 9, 2013 10:07 am at 10:07 am |
  23. Gunderson

Aw, Humm,
    Sarah Palin getting to some of you? No! And here I thought all you fine young cannibals had Halo's. No?

December 9, 2013 10:08 am at 10:08 am |
  24. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda Minnesota
    I've not watched either show and have no interest to start now
    -------------------------------------------------
    I have one of my Thanksgiving dinner guests to thank for piquing my curiosity regarding "Duck Dynasty" Lynda.
    Michael, that's his name, is a young, thirty-something, African American CPA that works for the IRS, he enthused over dinner about "Duck Dynasty" . He got the same reception I'm getting from some of you!
    When pressed further by those at the table he said that he found it them to be a non-dysfunctional family that really loved each other, and enjoyed good old-fashioned fun.
    He urged me to check them out.
    I did.
    And he was right.
    A grown Dominican woman from the Boogey-down Bronx freely admits to enjoying 'Duck Dynasty"!
    America! What a country!!! Lol!

December 9, 2013 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  25. bassman

rs

bassman

______________________

Lets see your proof? Lets see the picture of her book on the "extreme sales tables"? Go ahead and lie, its what the Palin haters do.

December 9, 2013 10:15 am at 10:15 am |