Cruz finds himself on 'Jeopardy!'
December 12th, 2013
9 months ago

Cruz finds himself on 'Jeopardy!'

(CNN) – Republican Sen. Ted Cruz found it "pretty cool" that his name appeared on "Jeopardy!" on Wednesday.

In the episode, one of the answers was: "In September 2013 this Texas Senator held the floor for 21 hours in an effort to derail Obamacare."

The contestant replied correctly: "Who is Cruz?"

The freshman senator and possible 2016 Republican White House hopeful helped lead a GOP strategy to try to defund the Affordable Care Act by tying it to must-pass spending legislation. In a symbolic move, Cruz stood on the Senate floor for hours to make his case to dismantle the president's signature domestic achievement.

Senate Democrats, however, refused to make changes to the health care law and partisan disagreements over the issue ultimately led to the 16-day partial federal government shutdown.

Filed under: Ted Cruz
  1. S.B. Stein

He was an answer and not a contestant. I doubt that he would be able to make it onto the show. Rush Holt from NJ was on Jeopardy and a 5 show winner (when the limit was 5 wins) and knows his stuff! I wouldn't think that Ted Cruz really has the knowledge to do the job he has now.

December 12, 2013 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

The Right ain't right.

December 12, 2013 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  3. Rudy NYC

The Truth Tsunami

Ted Cruz fought hard to save the American people from the disastrous Obamacare. But the far left Deomcrat party refuses toi stop punishing the Americna people and continues to jam this nightmare down our throats. Everything Ted Cruz warne dabout has come to pass and there are many more Obamacre disasters yet to come in 2014. Obama cannot delay them forever.

Ted Cruz is an American hero. Keep up the good work Senator! Help is on the way in 2015.
    ----------------------------------------–
    Hasn't it ever occurred to you that if you do repeal the ACA that you would actually be guilty of the right wing's talking point against President Obama? What am I talking about? If you repeal the ACA at this point in time, then you would be taking away everyone's health care plan. Everyone, and not just some, but everyone. Have you ever considered that? Didn't think so.

December 12, 2013 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  4. Dead Bear

The clue should have been "Grandstanding idiot foreign national who somehow got elected to public office in Texas that would rather see the economy ruined rather than do anything to help it recover"... but I guess that would make the answer too obvious.

December 12, 2013 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  5. Larry in Houston

IF this guy is their nominee in 2016, the U.S. is in trouble !!

December 12, 2013 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  6. Lynda/Minnesota

Dominican mama 4 Obama
    Lynda MInnesota
    "What I don't know my friend, is ..."

Yeah. Looks like it's going to be a who gives a "rat's behind" ticker day. I have no idea what the media's fascination with Cruz is. Then again, I've stopped caring what the media "thinks" for years now. They've all been on the losing side for 5 years and counting. I actually tried to tune in and channel serf out of pure boredom some of the political T.V. coverage last night (yes, it is still very cold up here... hence the boredom). What I got was a whole lot of media pundit's spouting nonsense, although O'Donnell's K.I.N.D. segment did bring tears to my eyes. God bless those young boy scouts from Alabama!

December 12, 2013 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  7. wendel

cruz is a show off spending the tax payers money to make stupid comments and jesters. Send this export back to Canada.

December 12, 2013 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  8. Silence DoGood

"a person who wants to sabotage a government, subvert its Law, and wants to see it fail, without regard for impact on its citizens, policy, principle, morality, or honor."

"What is an anarchist?"

December 12, 2013 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  9. Marie MD

It should have been about Wendy Davis who REALLY filibustered for women's rights and didn't have to talk about green eggs and ham.
    Being mentioned on TV for something you did that was wrong and stu pid is not necessarily good news.
    What a horses's behind this guy is.
    What's next for jeopardy? Who was the only rude Canadian to walk out at the Mandela memorial?

December 12, 2013 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  10. Marie MD

@the truth tsunami, your boy Rafael is NOT an American hero. He's not even. Canadian, his real country of birth, hero.
    Help from whom? Even the weeper of the house has had enough of the teaklans!

December 12, 2013 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  11. Silence DoGood

@truth Tsunami "the far left Deomcrat party refuses toi stop punishing the Americna people "

My 'punishment' was about the same cost and I kept my doctor. The punishment for a friend of mine was they got insurance where they were denied before. How awful.

December 12, 2013 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  12. just asking

Silence DoGood

but why did millions of americans have to lose their healthcare coverage in order for your friend to get what he needed? if obama and the democrats wanted to 'fix' that problem, it would have taken a one page bill that simply stated that insurance companies could not refuse to insure people because of pre-existing conditions.

instead the far left democrats used that as an excuse to takeover one sixth of our economy and decide what is best for every american when it comes to healthcare coverage, like we are all a bunch of children or idiots.

the reason is that control of the healthcare in this country has been the holy grail of the far left for decades. when you control a persons healthcare, you control them.

December 12, 2013 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  13. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda Minnesota
    -------------------------------------------------
    I'm bored too, not only by the predictability of these "news articles' but by the American so-called press' newfound love for stupidity, self-created sensationalism, and propensity to misinform and mislead their readers and listeners.
    If you want to know what happenned these days you better have been there to have witnessed the event/speech/whatever, because if it can be confabulated in any way in order to get more hits that's what the "news" will be.
    Retraction/correction on page 50 or the 3am newscast.

December 12, 2013 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  14. rs

___________________________
    Good Lord, what drama form you today! Has it occurred to you that for a majority of those signing up they have been unable to get insurance prior to the ACA? I mean it may be utterly uncool for you to actually care about the less fortunate, but thats a fact. Meanwhile, the GOP's lies about ,illions and millions and millions of Americans losing coverage, their doctors, nurses and whathaveyou are groundless- and I bet you know that.

December 12, 2013 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  15. Woman In California

WHAT is Ted Cruz for 24 billion.

December 12, 2013 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  16. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@ Lynda Minnesota
    I cut myself off!.....I attended a Christmas concert last night, but even if I'd been home I find myself taking a respite from politics in the evening most days.
    Curious as to those boys scouts from Alabama though.

December 12, 2013 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |