Live blog: Obama holds year-end news conference
December 20th, 2013
8 months ago

Live blog: Obama holds year-end news conference

(CNN) – President Barack Obama gives a year-end news conference.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. LOGAN

I'm sitting here listening to the President's speech and have yet to hear any of the media ask about the President's opinion on loss military retirement benefits stated in the budget he himself signed. AFTER telling the military how important they are...

December 20, 2013 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  2. Wire Palladin, S.F.

Logan – I am sure if the republican house thought military retirement benefits were more important than any other programs they refuse to support, Boehner would call an end to their extended vacation and get every one back in DC. Not going to happen though. You do know the benefits are a responsibility of congress? I thought not.

December 20, 2013 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  3. Tommy G

Wire Palladin, S.F.
    -–

December 20, 2013 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  4. Wire Palladin, S.F.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy – If the farm bill, military benefits, food stamps, and unemployment benefits were sent to the president, he would have signed it. But money items has to come from congress. I was fairly confident I knew how government works, but proceed Tommy.

December 20, 2013 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  5. Tommy G

Wire Palladin, S.F.
    -–

ALL legislation must come from Congress. Money has nothing to do with it, except that the House originates bills requiring spending by the government You do realize that Congress includes both the House and Senate right? I don't think you do. And getting these bills passed into law takes both houses of Congress AND the signature of the President. So in our current situation, TWO THIRDS of the responsibility lies with the Democrats. And the Do-Nothing Senate of obstructionist Harry Reid has done nothing for years in order to shield Obama from vetoes.

December 20, 2013 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  6. Sniffit

"Obama signed it into law. Obama essentially approved it/voted for it. I guess you don't know how our government works."

You know, Tommy, we're all very aware that part of the GOP/Teatroll messaging plan is to go all extremist and radical in order to force "compromises" that amount to bad policy and then blame it all on Obama when he signs it because it's the only way to avoid nothing getting done. Ridiculous tax expenditures like preferential tax loopholes and deductions for the wealthy and corporations and subsidies for corporations and industries reporting record profits even during the Great Recession...those could have been done away with instead in order to find the $6B cut from military pensions, etc. Guess who defended those things because they thought it was preferable to cut $6B from military pensions and compensation?

December 20, 2013 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  7. ladies first

hmmmmm let me 0.0! All the things that happened under OBLAMO'S watch was every one else's fault! PURE RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!

December 20, 2013 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  8. The Real Tom Paine

-Wire Palladin, S.F.

****************
    You're arguing with a person who thinks the President should be impeached for winning the election twice.

December 20, 2013 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |