December 31st, 2013
4 months ago

The top 12 campaign questions of 2014

(CNN) – Voters head to the polls next November for midterm elections and there's a ton at stake: Possible shifts in control of the U.S. Senate and House and some very interesting gubernatorial races with potential national implications. There is also Hillary Clinton – what will she do about 2016? Ditto for Chris Christie and a bunch of other Republicans who may hold White House ambitions. What impact will Obamacare and the economy have on the electorate?

Here's a rundown on the key political questions for 2014:

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2014
  1. Pam from Iowa

one of the big questions is why Boehner suddenly turned on his tea party cronies.......why he forced the closure of those parks, and then played stupid later....oh wait, I just answered my own question!

December 31, 2013 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  2. just asking

the economy doesn't matter as the 2012 election proved. as long as most of america is on the government dole, the checks keep coming no matter what the economy does. to those actually working and paying to support this country, the economy matters but we are in the minority now.

obamacare and the destruction it brings to our healthcare system along with the higher costs will be the main issue of the november 2014 elections. millions of cancellation notices will be a real issue for the democrats and obama.

and then there will be obama'sfailure in dealing with iran. heck, they might have a nuke by then.

December 31, 2013 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  3. wendel

why would people vote this congress back in . hope they have gotten smarter

December 31, 2013 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  4. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

The biggest question voters should be asking themselves in 2014 is this: WHAT HAVE REPUBLICANS DONE FOR ME LATELY?

And if you ask yourself that question and look at the last 3 years, you can say they:

1) Caused a downgrade in our credit rating
    2) Haven't passed a jobs bill
    3) Holding immigration reform hostage in the House
    4) Abused the filibuster to no end
    5) Voted to repeal the ACA upwards of 50 times and not governed
    6) SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT!!!!

December 31, 2013 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  5. Thomas

1. Will Ted Cruz read us another children's story ?
    2. Will Randy Paul wear his Aqua Buddha costume on the campaign trail ?
    3. Will Rick Perry come out of the closet ?
    4. Will Sarah Palin go blond ?
    5. Will Marco Rubio learn to Twitter with one hand ?
    6. Will Darrell Issa show any sign of humility ?
    7. Will Michele Bachmann really go away ?
    8. Will Louie Gohmert and Donald Trump share there beauty secrets on Fox news ?
    9. Will Mitt Romney run for a third time ?
    10. Will Jeb Bush and Chris Christie team up for the 2016 election ?

December 31, 2013 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  6. Silence DoGood

Will the average voter remember the threats, sabotage, and hostage taking of the government by Tea Party thugs?
    When the GOP gets all smiley during an election, will voters remember the bigotry, homophobia, sexism of their base?
    Will voters remember the difference between attacking terrorists (Obama) and just killing Iraq/US soldiers (Bush)?
    Will voters see the Radical Right making the US into a theocracy similar to Taliban desires or keep Religious Freedom?

December 31, 2013 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  7. Thomas

11. Will Bobby Jindal be appearing on Duck Dynasty to show us his hunting skills ?
    12. Will Reince Priebus Chairman of the Republican National Committee do his impersonation of Bobby Darin singing "Dream Lover" ?

Just Asking

December 31, 2013 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  8. Lynda/Minnesota

@ Crybabies

Hey, thanks for the 1% encouragement ... it made my day! Considering the bitter cold we've been experiencing these past few weeks my newest motto has become "anywhere BUT Minnesota". Those living in Lake Country are experiencing the worst so I'm sending your mom a very special New Years blessing from MSP: be warm and be safe.

@ Dominican mama

Not sure if you got my earlier response, but a "back at you" Happy New Year blessing to you and yours, my friend!

December 31, 2013 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  9. Rudy NYC

DM4O asked:

Happy New Year Rudy NYC!! How you like your new Mayor elect trying to shut down a NYC tradition of horse drawn carriage rides? Curious as to your opinion on that.
    ---------------------
    Happy New Year to you, one and all. My first greeting got lost in the Romney Riot over on thread 2. I'm one who loves nostalgia, and NYC is full of it. I lvoe the art deco architecture the most, and the horse carriages are second, although I've never ridden in one. More on that later.

I wish they could find a way to make it safer for the horses without completely doing away with them. Mayor DiBlasio is far too liberal for my liking. I find half of his campaign promises to be too extreme. As far as riding in a horse drawn carriage goes....it's not advisable to sit too close behind a horse. Why do you think so many of the older carriages that you might see in movies put the driver behind and above the passengers?

December 31, 2013 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  10. Rick McDaniel

if anyone expects things to get better in America.........they are going to have to vote for more responsible people in Washington. if they do NOT, then expect more of the same disaster we have NOW!

December 31, 2013 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  11. Lynda/Minnesota

@ Rudy: "My first greeting got lost in the Romney Riot over on thread 2...."

I just caught your frozen keyboard comment over on the Romney Riot thread (page ... whatever and counting).

Yeah, the keyboard ... needs a bit of TLC ... and the arthritis? Simply. Isn't. Cooperating. With. The. Keyboard.

December 31, 2013 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  12. just asking

Rudy NYC
    ---

only half huh? which half is that? he sure sounds like somebody you would really gung ho for. you know, a man of the people, take from the rich, give to the poor, anti-business, higher taxes, etc. you know, a real obama-style class warfare divider.

December 31, 2013 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  13. Stuffit

Listening to the MSNBC crap on Romney's. Granddaughter and Cruz's daughter once again shows the hypocritical,and depraved nature of the democrat liberal. Remember what they said about Palin, her daughter and her son. Is it any wonder they support the most corrupt president in history. I hope conservatives do not respond with cheap shots about Michelle Obama and her girls.

December 31, 2013 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  14. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

----------------------------------------
    Ever heard of a guy named Nixon? And they've already thrown shots at the FLOTUS and her daughters(Limbaugh).

December 31, 2013 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  15. Rudy NYC

Lynda/Minnesota wrote:

@ Rudy: "My first greeting got lost in the Romney Riot over on thread 2...."
    -------------------
    I was mocking the cold temperatures up there. I guess it would my joints and bones ache more than usual, too.

December 31, 2013 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  16. Rudy NYC

just asking

Rudy NYC

----------------------
    I keep repeating to the choir that I'm a moderate, not a liberal. When your views are so extreme in one direction that any difference of opinion will look like it came from the other side, then you should admit that you're an extremist.

December 31, 2013 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  17. rs

just asking
    _____________
    I would disagree. The economy is terribly important. The good news is there are 8 million more jobs, car sales are up, unemployment down, market at record levels, housing values up. The downside clearly is we have a ways to go yet. The sad thing is that it happened with no help from the GOP, and in fact they tried to crash the whole show again in October. That may weigh against them in '14.

December 31, 2013 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  18. rs

__________
    Really? All the anti-government nonsense and the birther idiocy from the Right aimed at the President, you whine about a few comments on MSNBC? These are public figures, they get what they get. Free speech, remember?

December 31, 2013 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  19. Lynda/Minnesota

@ Rudy: "I was mocking the cold temperatures up there..."

Indeed you were. My return mockery missed its mark ... yes?

December 31, 2013 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |