Now 50, Michelle Obama shows off AARP card
January 17th, 2014
3 months ago

Now 50, Michelle Obama shows off AARP card

(CNN) – First Lady Michelle Obama, who turns 50 on Friday, tweeted out a photo of her new AARP card.

"Excited to join Barack in the 50+ club today… check out my @AARP card!" she wrote.

The first lady is celebrating the milestone with a big birthday bash Saturday at the White House that's sure to include a lot of dancing.

Michelle Obama 'fabulous' at 50: Has the big birthday changed?

Filed under: Michelle Obama
  1. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

Although I know Michelle will never stay at Motel 6, but that card can save her 10% on a room and at IHOP.

January 17, 2014 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

God bless and many happy returns of the day to our First Lady!!
    I was not as thrilled to receive my AARP card in the mail I must say, but I've had enough years now to get over it!

January 17, 2014 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  3. sonnie3

Wish You a Very Happy Birthday, but the AARP card / Well I cut mine up a long time ago and I am in my 70's and am much better with out it.

January 17, 2014 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  4. wendel

happy birthday

January 17, 2014 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  5. Tampa Tim

Happy birthdate Michelle!

January 17, 2014 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

-------------------------------------------------
    Really Dutch? Good to know babe for those of us that do not roll like our FLOTUS!!

January 17, 2014 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  7. Rick McDaniel

I canceled my membership.

January 17, 2014 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  8. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Now that you've joined us in the 50 (plus) crowd Michelle, go a little lighter with the hair, and pay extra attenton to the shape and thickness of your eyebrows.
    Consider wearing your hair shorter or pulled back before you develop a playmate for your chin.
    Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize, although from your beautiful skin it is obvious that you already do so.
    And love, laugh, love, and laugh... often!
    That's my "welcome to 50" advice.

January 17, 2014 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  9. ChrisM

Dutch, thanks, I did not know that about IHOP

January 17, 2014 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  10. IA

@ Rick McDaniel...When they came out in support of the ACA, I too cancelled my membership.

January 17, 2014 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  11. Anonymous

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Obama!!! (Oh to be 50 again!)

January 17, 2014 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  12. Babyboomer

Happy B-Day First Lady.. Enjoy!!!

January 17, 2014 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  13. just saying

Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Take Back The House -aka- No Redemption Votes

why am i not surprised you know this... probably got 5% off on your trailer too.

January 17, 2014 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  14. Donna

AARP doesn't support or advocate for seniors. If they did they never would have supported Obamacare and the $715 billion it stole from Medicare. It is a big business cam that will do whatever is right to increase their bottomline. I throw their mailings in the trash as fast as they send them.

January 17, 2014 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  15. BeenThereDoneThat

When I was very young I teased 50-somethings. A *WEEK* later (it seemed), when 50 became MY age, I embraced AARP!

January 17, 2014 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  16. yolanda

And with a steady diet of IHOP food, you can now afford the health insurance to cover your type 2 diabetes and unclog your arteries.....it's all starting to make sense now.

January 17, 2014 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  17. BeenThereDoneThat

Happy Birthday Mrs. Obama! I hope someday you'll celebrate your 100th, as my grandmother will do in a couple of weeks!

January 17, 2014 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  18. Tony in Maine

Happy Birthday Michelle. Please pay no attention to the inevitable right wing attacks on you for joining a lobby (AARP).

January 17, 2014 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  19. Larry in Houston

well, I've had mine for almost 10 years.....it's not all, what it's cracked up to be....if you show your card to just about any restaurant, they will give you a discount, some more, some less, but you will get some type of discount, or they typically have some type of gimmick to bring you back in again, such as free coffee, or whatever it may be...

I will also have to agree with DMFO – it's too thick – go thinline + pulled back and/or short (er)

Just Saying – LOL -

January 17, 2014 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  20. Silence DoGood

@Rick McDaniel "AARP..........the group that abandoned seniors, to support the dictator's regime."
    ---------
    The first act of an evil dictator is to join AARP.

January 17, 2014 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  21. just asking

is this the payback to aarp for their support of obamacare? dump aarp and use the money for aaa. you'll get just as many discounts and never have to worry about breaking down. (your car that is)

January 17, 2014 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  22. @RI_Roger

Now 50, Michelle Obama shows off AARP card #whocares... leave these stores to the Hollywood magazines, not politics, not news!

January 17, 2014 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  23. BeenThereDoneThat

re your hair, etc., Michelle: as long as You & Your Husband like it, keep on sportin' JUST AS YOU ARE. You go, girl! :D

January 17, 2014 12:58 pm at 12:58 pm |
  24. Joi Gibson

st saying
    @Just Saying–

Your response to Dutch was so uncalled for.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. O. – 50 and fabulous!!!!!

January 17, 2014 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  25. it must be said

this is good news. maybe she can get 10% off that butt reduction surgery she needs.

January 17, 2014 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |