Katy Perry wants to talk aliens with Obama, might have won Wisconsin for him
January 22nd, 2014
3 months ago

Katy Perry wants to talk aliens with Obama, might have won Wisconsin for him

(CNN) – Pop star Katy Perry says she might have played a role in President Barack Obama's re-election victory in the key state of Wisconsin.

She also has some thoughts on aliens she'd like to share with the President in their next conversation.

In a wide-ranging interview with GQ magazine, Perry touched on topics from marijuana to plastic surgery to her "relationship" with the commander in chief.

"I might have won Wisconsin for him," the singer said. "Actually, I didn't do too much, but he called on me a couple of times. Which was very nice."

A high-profile supporter of the President, Perry performed at a rally in Milwaukee two days before last year's election, clad in a tight blue mini dress with Obama's campaign logo. Obama won the Badger State with 51% of the vote to Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's 47%.

Perry told GQ she's a believer in astrology and extraterrestrial life, and would like to have a conversation with Obama about the issue when the time's right.

"I see everything through a spiritual lens," she said. "I believe in a lot of astrology. I believe in aliens."

Perry continued: "I look up into the stars and I imagine: How self-important are we to think that we are the only life-form?"

"I mean, if my relationship with Obama gets any better, I'm going to ask him that question. It just hasn't been appropriate yet."

CNN's Dana Davidsen contributed to this report.

Filed under: President Obama • Wisconsin
  1. Fair is Fair

Ummmmmm.... yeah. Someone's happy meal is missing a couple of french fries.

January 22, 2014 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  2. Rudy NYC

--------------------------------
    All I know is that there do exist a large number of unusual artifacts and "man-made structures": that are supposedly thousands of years old that experts cannot adequately explain how they were made.

Ancient hierogliphs describe The Great Pyramid as being built over the course of 20 years. Other evidence suggest as little as 10 years, but let's run with 20. Modern archeologists estimate that there are over 2 million megalithic stones, each weighing an average of 2-3 tons, that make up the entire Great Pyramid. It's simple math, folks. If they worked 24/7 on the project for 20 years non-stop, then they would have to lay a fully finished, final cut, multi-ton megalithic stone in place roughly about one every 5 minutes.

January 22, 2014 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  3. The REAL Truth...

@Fair – I'd take the meat and ignore the missing fries. But that's just me... and yes, How self-important are we to think that we are the only life-form?
    Plus, how self-important are the GOP to think that they are the only political life-form?

January 22, 2014 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  4. much thunder...little rain

sounds like someone the white house needs to listen to....she must be a king maker..lol

January 22, 2014 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  5. Anonymous

Sure, you can trust Obama to give a truthful answer , NOT

January 22, 2014 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  6. smith

I knew it! Rudy is an alien/bigfoot guy. Have you met E.T.? What about ghost hunters?

January 22, 2014 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  7. Tampa Tim

Republicans listen to the voices in their head telling them to run for president, and they think it is God. Maybe God has a tremendous sense of humor.

January 22, 2014 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  8. Fair is Fair

------
    Amazing things can happen with a workforce of 100,000.

Whatever... if "ancient alients" wanted to let us know they were here, they could have done it without the mystery and intrigue. If they didn't want to let us know they were here, they wouldn't have left such a calling card.

January 22, 2014 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  9. simplyput

The stories on cnn.com seem made to generate negatives on the president lately, which makes me question the motivation. Are democrats just seeking insults to prime them for election year? Think I'll shut up now. So much more to governing than words, you know.

January 22, 2014 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  10. Fair is Fair

The REAL Truth...

-------–
    I'd venture to say that somewhere in the sheer vastness of the cosmos, some form of life exists. Being able to travel faster than light speed? I'll take Einstein's word that it can't be done until someone proves otherwise.

January 22, 2014 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  11. Rudy NYC

The REAL Truth...

-------------------------------–
    Cool, you can have the burger. I'll take the shake.

January 22, 2014 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  12. smith

Notice Perry wants to talk about aliens and pot. When you smoke pot you start thinking aliens and bigfoot are real. When you think aliens and bigfoot are real you become paranoid. When become paranoid you stop bathing. Add all this up and you have dirty liberal hippies.

January 22, 2014 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  13. Rudy NYC

much thunder...little rain

---------------------
    You do realize that the de facto leader of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh, is an entertainer, too, don't you? Comedy radio was quite popular in the late 1970s, and Rush first hit his big stride moking Jimmy Carter and his brother Billy. Wanna something else? His act really hasn't changed much over the decades. He still mocks Democrats.

January 22, 2014 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  14. yolanda

The modern day Barbra Streisand, only twice as attractive and half as talented. Coming soon to Area 51.

January 22, 2014 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  15. Anonymous

Seems to me there are a lot of posters on here that are "missing a couple of french fries"..................

This lady is talented, pretty and is having fun. Looking at her, I doubt she eats french fries, so I will have
    some for her. Oven fries.........ummmmmmmmmm good!

January 22, 2014 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  16. simplyput

@Anon "this lady is..talented, pretty and is having fun.."
    =================
    Exactly the qualifications I know I want the governor of Texas to have....the dem standard. Remember Detroit.

January 22, 2014 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  17. IA

@ yolanda...Very perceptive. I hope she 's not entertaining the POTUS with policy making ideas.

January 22, 2014 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  18. ProudDem

simplyput

_________________________________________
    Umm....what??? I guess that means the GOP standard is not knowing who the heck this article is even about.

January 22, 2014 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  19. Rudy NYC

simplyput wrote:

---------------------------
    Remember "OOPS"? Exactly the qualifications you know you want the Governor of Texas to have.....and your POTUS.

January 22, 2014 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  20. just saying

typical low iq obama supporter.... but what does she care, she has a job while millions of others have gotten screwed over by this incompetent community organizer.

January 22, 2014 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |