2016 watch: Jindal to N.H. next month
February 6th, 2014
9 months ago

2016 watch: Jindal to N.H. next month

(CNN) - Louisiana Gov. and potential 2016 Republican presidential contender Bobby Jindal is heading to New Hampshire next month.

Jindal is scheduled to give the keynote address to the Northeast Republican Leadership Conference on March 14. CNN has also confirmed that while in the Granite State, he'll speak at The PLUS Company’s Wild Irish breakfast, an event that raises funds for the empowerment of individuals with developmental disabilities, and which brings together political and community leaders for a St.Patrick’s Day thumbed comedy roast.

This is Jindal's second visit in the past year to New Hampshire, which holds the first primary in the presidential primary and caucus calendar. He spoke last year at a fundraiser in Manchester for the state Senate Republican caucus.

Later this month Jindal will speak in Chicago at an event for the Illinois Republican party.

And the Republican Leadership Conference announced Thursday that Jindal will speak at their gathering this May in New Orleans. The RLC has served as a major cattle call for GOP White House hopefuls in past presidential cycles.

The two-term Louisiana governor spent some quality time on the presidential campaign trail in 2012 as a leading surrogate for GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

WMUR in New Hampshire was first to report on Jindal's trip to the Granite State.

CNN's Paul Steinhauser, Mark Preston and Steve Brusk contributed to this report

Filed under: 2016 • Bobby Jindal • Louisiana • New Hampshire
  1. smith

@Rudy- Any advice coming from a far left liberal on strategy for the GOP is bad advice.

February 6, 2014 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  2. smith

@Malory- I never said Hiliary was to old to be potus and Im an Independent not a republican.

February 6, 2014 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  3. Wake up People!

Did smith bring up McCain?? You people call Hillary and VP Biden old but you think McCain who is at least 150 should run again????

Too funny.

February 6, 2014 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  4. Malory Archer

smith

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I never said you did, nor did I accuse you of being a republican. False narrative much?

February 6, 2014 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  5. Malory Archer

tom l

@Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Where's Our $24 Billion?

"Piyush Jindal has no chance of winning the republican primary. He's just a GOP prop."
    =========
    So insightful into the mind of a hardcore liberal. First, he was probably one of the loudest to speak out when people would refer to our president and used his middle name. Now he does it and has the audacity to make this type of comment. IOIYAD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

He's just serving you a taste of your own medicine. Or is it only okay for your ilk to make such comments? You sure don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot, do you tommy?

February 6, 2014 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  6. Gunderson

Wha?
    Has sufficient time passed to forget if you like your Health Care you can keep it?
    Has sufficient time passes that your health care will will cost you 2500 dollars less with Obama Care?
    Has sufficient time passed that you forgot unemployment would be down to 6.7 percent at the end of my first term, or I will not run for a second term?
    And last but not least, has everyone forgotten how to work? Promises, promises. And remember, A billion here, a Billion there, pretty soon we talking real money!

February 6, 2014 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  7. Rudy NYC

tom l. wrote:

"Now I get it. You really don't understand what a libertarian is. See, you view giving as going through the govt in the form of higher taxes so that the govt can provide more. ... ... "

Look up the definition. I'm not sure how you would have a problem with a person that is and advocate of free will and upholds the principles of individual liberty in both thought and action.
    --------------------------
    There you go again, judging books by their covers...and you're the one who has painted the covers.

I looked it up. The most generic definition, per Merriam-Webster, is "an advocate for free will". A follow up defintion says "a person who upholds the principles of individual liberty, especially of thought and action." It continues on with a definition for when the word is capitalized: "a member of a political party advocating libertarian principles."

Nowhere does it say anything about: "LIMITED" government; "give what they want to give"; giving only to whom "they want to give it to"; nor anything about the word government at all. I used the term neo-libertarian the other day, and you claimed not know what that meant. Look in a mirror, tom. You're it.

February 6, 2014 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  8. Wake up People!

Isn't it funny that those that call themselves Independents, ALWAYS tow the GOP line?? They NEVER miss a chance to attack the POTUS, FLOTUS, Hillary or any other democrat.

They scream IRS and Benghazi in every other post. Come on guys, come out the closet.

February 6, 2014 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  9. smith

@Malory-comment 15, your words.

February 6, 2014 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  10. tom l

@Lynda,
    Good grief, tom I. Considering the length you went to in telling Tom Paine WHAT HE THINKS, why wait for a response? Why not simply take it to the next step and type his rebuttal for him as well, thus saving Tom Paine the trouble of responding to a comment he had no input in but apparently had his thoughts recorded by you?
    ====

If you read all of his comments yesterday, and there were several, that's why I said it. I was responding to his posts where he SAID just that, I made no interpretation.

February 6, 2014 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  11. smith

@Wake up- Please show me where I said Hiliary was to old to be potus.

February 6, 2014 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  12. tom l

From the article that talked about Navy sailors cheating:

The Real Tom Paine

Must be Libertarians.

February 6, 2014 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  13. smith

@Wake up- Ahhh, the Independent basher. Most people now are indy`s. They have realized the gop and dems are corrput and in the pockets of special interest groups.

February 6, 2014 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  14. Lynda/Minnesota

"If you read all of his comments yesterday, and there were several, that's why I said it. I was responding to his posts where he SAID just that, I made no interpretation"

No doubt I was mistaken. Perhaps I took your "I think you think" too literally?

February 6, 2014 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  15. tom l

I could find other quotes from the Real TP with regards to libertarians but I really just don't have the time. He will never deny that he feels that libertarians are morally bankrupt. My comment did not stem from just one of his comments, it has come from several over time. Good grief.

February 6, 2014 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  16. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Where's Our $24 Billion?

Malory Archer
    tom l

@Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Where's Our $24 Billion?

=========

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-------------------------------------
    It's OK If You're A Republican(IOKIYAR)

February 6, 2014 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  17. Rudy NYC

tom l

-------------------------–
    I have it, of course. I had pointed out that Big Tom was describing "neo-libertarians", not the classic definition.

"Libertarians want to give what they want to give and who they want to give it to."

One would have to be missing a piece of what it means to be a part of the human race iln order to think like that. Doesn't that attitude sound even the least bit selfish to you? Most especially when you're talking about people in need, but you scorn them because they are bankrupt ... and morally corrupt to you.

February 6, 2014 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  18. The Real Tom Paine

tom l

From the article that talked about Navy sailors cheating:

The Real Tom Paine

Must be Libertarians.

*************
    Good God, don't you have any sense of humor about yourself? its amazing how you felt qualified to judge me on the basis of my comments, when you regularly show your ignorance of liberals.Judging by your reaction, I guess you felt slighted: perhaps its because I touched a nerve where you agree with me on some level. I've met few people who require validation as much as you seem to. Am I not entitled to my opinion, or is really a Libertarian thought police?

February 6, 2014 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  19. Rudy NYC

smith

--------------------–
    What makes you believe that I am a "far left liberal"? I've posted many times that I am a moderate. It's just that you're so far out there that everyone looks like a "far left liberal" to you. I'm a moderate who has a strong disliking for neo-conservative ideology. Their deregulation over a decade ago destroyed entire industries, which destroyed many businesses, including my own. They had claimed that deregulation was hurting the bottom line and "jobs growth." The actual results of their actions helped the corproate bottom line immensely, but it also destroyed hundreds of small businesses and thousands of jobs.

February 6, 2014 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  20. The Real Tom Paine

-tom l

**************
    you know something, you fell for the bait: I put something out there that I knew would stir the pot, just to see who would rise to it and make blanket assumptions about me. Honestly, I've not had this much fun in months, but its interesting to see how you and Yolanda felt compelled to attack me without asking me why I did it.

February 6, 2014 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  21. The REAL Truth...

@Rudy NYC – They had claimed that deregulation was hurting the bottom line and "jobs growth." The actual results of their actions helped the corproate bottom line immensely, but it also destroyed hundreds of small businesses and thousands of jobs.
    ---------------------
    Moderate here too.. otherwise known as independent, but yeah Rudy.. absolutely correct. We deregged the telco's, we deregged the utilities in some states. In both cases, there are fewer jobs.. higher profits and of course, our prices have sky-rocketed. I'm paying an average of 2.5 TIMES under derreg for electricity than I when it was under regulation. Same for phones, airfare etc. Certain industries – especially those that have a "captive audience" – guaranteed market is babble-speak, should ABSOLUTELY be regulated...

February 6, 2014 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  22. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@ tom l
    Well, everytime I look at Jindhal I keep picturing him delivering that atrocious State of the Union reply on behalf of the GOP to President Obama's first ( ?) SOTU address.....then I bust out laughing all over again!
    Now THAT was funny!