February 11th, 2014
8 months ago

Did Marco Rubio inhale?

(CNN) - Sen. Marco Rubio isn't saying whether he ever smoked marijuana.

Asked at an education forum at Miami-Dade College on Monday whether he ever smoked marijuana, Rubio answered: "If I tell you that I haven't, you won't believe me. And if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say, 'Well, I can smoke marijuana because look how he made it. He did alright so I guess I can do it too.'"

The Florida Republican and possible 2016 GOP presidential contender opposes making the recreational use of marijuana legal. Legalizing medical marijuana is on the ballot this November in Florida.

CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report

Filed under: 2016 • Florida • Marco Rubio • Marijuana
  1. Lynda/Minnesota

"Sen. Marco Rubio isn't saying whether he ever smoked marijuana."

When did CNN become so childish in its reporting?

February 11, 2014 09:26 am at 9:26 am |
  2. Rudy NYC

Rubio's running from who he actually is. A better answer would have been to admit the truth. Acknowledge the he hd quickly recognized the damaging effects on you mentally, physically, and socially. How he had watched how it held back and retarded the progress of those who used it regularly, and how he he decided that it was not for him. That sounds a lot better than the word salad that he produced. Why? Because it just might be closer to the truth.

February 11, 2014 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  3. O'drama ya Mama

Similar to his record in the Senate. He bought the bag of weed, he rolled up the joint, he lit the joint but then all of a sudden he was against it.

February 11, 2014 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  4. Jeff Brown in Jersey

Does it really matter?

February 11, 2014 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  5. Tampa Tim

Can't say yes, but won't say no. Of course he did, it is the official vegetable of Miami republicans. Marco seems to think he has a lot of influence on young people, which indicates his distance from reality.

February 11, 2014 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  6. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA -aka- Where's Our $24 Billion?

February 11, 2014 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  7. Rick McDaniel

February 11, 2014 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  8. Rudy NYC

"Obama did.........often. Maybe that's why he has zero grasp, of basic economics."

"I think Marco snorts, not inhale. Him and Trey Radel probably do lines on the weekend."
    --------------------------------------
    So, let me get this straight. Liberals inhale, while conservatives snort? Nah, couldn't be true.

February 11, 2014 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  9. tom l

"I did not inhale"
    – Bill Clinton

February 11, 2014 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  10. Marie MD

Rubio who?

February 11, 2014 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  11. CB FL

Politico would rate this half true.

February 11, 2014 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  12. Lynda/Minnesota

@ tom I: "How can you hardcore lefties honestly even criticize Rubio for this? You guys are unreal."

Well ... for whatever it is worth mentioning, I did suggest this article is worthless.

February 11, 2014 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  13. Bill, NY

Sniff, Sniff. Who me?

February 11, 2014 10:32 am at 10:32 am |
  14. scarf

tom l

"I did not inhale"
    – Bill Clinton

======================================================================================

How can you hardcore righties criticize Clinton for this and give Rubio a pass? Unfortunately, you guys are living up to expectations.

February 11, 2014 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  15. The REAL Truth...

@Rick McDaniel – Obama did.........often.
    --------------------
    So? Dubya snorted regularly.. just look at that nose.. and look what he did to the country!

February 11, 2014 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  16. Adam

Lol, if you smoked it. You inhaled. This man will never get my vote for being a coward.

February 11, 2014 10:36 am at 10:36 am |
  17. VJ

The question is simple, the answer is vague.... period... Republicans never accept what they did... If you ask question, they wont answer...
    This country will ever forget the Sarah Palin VS Katie Couric interview....

February 11, 2014 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  18. why so serious

Conservatives are so backwards, does it surprise anyone other than a conservative. Must be hard living is such duality with ones self, everything must be shocking. poor misguided humans. Stop hiding your freak flag little johnny we know who and what you really are.

February 11, 2014 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  19. xray vision

This is an issue you don't want to be on the wrong side of.

February 11, 2014 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  20. Ol' Yeller

And rubio rides the fence again.
    He is appropriately named I will say... 'rube- e-o'
    Cause anyone who trusts this tool is certainly a rube.

February 11, 2014 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  21. Its a free country right?

And this is exactly the problem with the party that is supposed to be for Smaller Government. They still can not allow the little people the Constitutional right to live their private lives in peace.

February 11, 2014 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  22. Fair is Fair

Jeff Brown in Jersey

Does it really matter?
    --------
    Someone check the temperature in hell... Jeff and I are in agreement on something.

February 11, 2014 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  23. Jackson

tom l

"I did not inhale"
    – Bill Clinton

_____________

And you righties took Clinton to task for it, but want to ignore it now that it's one of your own. Just like Clinton's affairs made him immoral, but Gingrich's didnt?

"It's OK If You're A Republican"......right?

February 11, 2014 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  24. xray vision

Maybe that's why he had cotton mouth, and so desperately needed water, ha .

February 11, 2014 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  25. Bill D

Bill Clinton never inhaled, or so he says.

February 11, 2014 10:44 am at 10:44 am |