February 11th, 2014
6 months ago

Did Marco Rubio inhale?

(CNN) - Sen. Marco Rubio isn't saying whether he ever smoked marijuana.

Asked at an education forum at Miami-Dade College on Monday whether he ever smoked marijuana, Rubio answered: "If I tell you that I haven't, you won't believe me. And if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say, 'Well, I can smoke marijuana because look how he made it. He did alright so I guess I can do it too.'"

The Florida Republican and possible 2016 GOP presidential contender opposes making the recreational use of marijuana legal. Legalizing medical marijuana is on the ballot this November in Florida.

CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser contributed to this report

Filed under: 2016 • Florida • Marco Rubio • Marijuana
  1. xray vision

I honestly think most of Congress should inhale a little, maybe they won't hate so much .

February 11, 2014 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  2. Jesse

Ol'Yeller
    Its better than someone named Castro..... At least Rubio knows when to not say anything. The Castro Twins don't know when to shut up!

February 11, 2014 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  3. wendel

well he acts and sounds like he is loaded most of the time. Repos are so transparent. Don't want to screw up family values only when it comes to taking food out of our kids mouths or screwing their education. Really?

February 11, 2014 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  4. xray vision

He doesn't seem the type to enjoy life, and he can't stand you attempting to enjoy yours.

February 11, 2014 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  5. Rudy NYC

"Does it really matter?"

Someone check the temperature in hell... Jeff and I are in agreement on something.
    -------------------------
    Actually, it seems like it matters most to the far right wing in Rubio's mind. Rubio waffled in fear of the thought police.

February 11, 2014 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  6. ritmocojo

I don't think he's ever known anyone who'd be crazy enough to sell anything illegal to him. Can't trust GOPers in any way, shape, or form.

February 11, 2014 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  7. DeadGuy

I don't know if Marco Rubio smoked pot... But I do know that together Barack Hussein Obama and HIlliary Clinton killed 4 men in Benghazi...

February 11, 2014 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  8. Lee Anne

Typical Republican. Do as I say..Not as I do.

February 11, 2014 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  9. dismatic

Can't even answer a simple question.

February 11, 2014 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama

xray vision

Maybe that's why he had cotton mouth, and so desperately needed water, ha .
    -------------------------------------------------
    I don't know if you're new to this forum or if you're operating under a different name, but I am really enjoying your posts.
    Meanwhile, Rubio should've manned up and answered the question .....OR....told the impertinent person that posed it that it was none of his business/irrelevant.
    Then again, the way his team has been carrying on somebody's gotta be on something....or they should be!
    Lol!

February 11, 2014 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  11. Gorio

Right Lee Anne, The Democrats are such a stand up bunch.

February 11, 2014 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  12. zivo24

Oh Marco.....don't be silly.

Kids aren't going to look up to you. At least not the ones that are smarter than a box of rocks.

February 11, 2014 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  13. Dominican mama 4 Obama

ritmocojo

-------------------------------------------------
    Trey Radel (sp), meanwhile, had everybody selling stuff to him, including undercovers...

February 11, 2014 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  14. @DeadGuy

Took 2 people to kill four men in Benghazi but only one to have 60 killed in multiple embassy's around the world...i.e. George W. Bush.

You fuqtard conservatives need to shut up. You have nothing to stand on because everything you believe in is a flat out lie. Your tiny brains are still living on flat-earth beliefs base in the 1800's

February 11, 2014 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  15. lynn

DeadGuy: Selective memory Republicans, how easily they forget the 5000+ U.S. military killed due to a lie of Bush/Cheney and WMD? The Benghazi fatalities could have been avoid, Stephens knew the anniversary would be dangerous, why didn't he leave before? He has to be somewhat responsible for his own death, he put himself in harms way.

February 11, 2014 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  16. Anonymouse Poster

Well Mr. Rubio that is the point. If you made it and you puffed, then it proves that people can be successful and live productive lives while relaxing on puffs occasionally. It's time to stand up and do the right thing and legalize something which is far safer than cigarettes.

February 11, 2014 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  17. Peace

Answers like that! it is so definitely he did inhale but feels ashamed to admit it.

February 11, 2014 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  18. mercfan

Well, I don't think there is any question about it. He's saying he can't come out and say he did and he didn't say he didn't.

But there is nothing wrong with that. I think if everyone could "lighten" up a little, instead of worrying about appearances – we would be able to solve our problems.

February 11, 2014 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  19. Andrew

Did he INHALE?????
    Really??
    I didn't realize we were still in the 1990's.......

February 11, 2014 11:03 am at 11:03 am |