Biden jokes presidential run would be bad for his golf game
March 13th, 2014
9 months ago

Biden jokes presidential run would be bad for his golf game

(CNN) - Vice President Joe Biden suggested Thursday night that running for President wouldn't leave much time to practice his golf game.

At an event in Washington, Taoiseach Enda Kenny offered for Biden to come to Ireland and unload his "golf sticks" from Air Force Two to play a round.

"If you want to keep your handicap in golf don't run for President. So I expect strokes," Biden said.

It wasn’t immediately clear if Biden was simply going for a laugh.

Biden, who sought the White House in 1988 and 2008, is mulling making a third run in 2016.

Biden's comments come at a the American Ireland Fund Gala where he was awarded the "Peace Award" by the group. It supports charities and philanthropic efforts.

– CNN Senior Political Correspondent Brianna Keilar contributed to this report.

Filed under: 2016 • Joe Biden
  1. MPA

Recent history hasn't been kind to VP getting the top job. Johnson only got it because Kennedy was killed. It wasn't until George HW Bush when the next and last VP got the job.

March 14, 2014 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  2. Marie MD

Yes, because the only presidents allowed to play golf or ride around in their jeeps on their vast ranch (demi god reagan) or have the shrub clean the brush on his ranch are the teaklans/repug presidents.
    VP Biden seems to be in very good health.

March 14, 2014 06:29 am at 6:29 am |
  3. the shark

I would mop the course with the old man, I bet he has a foot wedge.

March 14, 2014 07:05 am at 7:05 am |
  4. the shark

Palin / Cruz, now that's the ticket!

March 14, 2014 07:30 am at 7:30 am |
  5. Gurgyl

Joe is just like me, very honest, does not keep any thing in heart. Very lovely person America is blessed as VP. God bless our Joe. We love you, Joe.

March 14, 2014 07:31 am at 7:31 am |
  6. the shark

No Joe, I'm not going to pull your finger!

March 14, 2014 07:36 am at 7:36 am |
  7. Norma Vessels

You're a good man, Vice President, Joe Biden. Keep up the good work. We appreciate you.

March 14, 2014 08:28 am at 8:28 am |
  8. smith

Biden is another Mondale with no chance of being potus. Sorry Joe, you just don`t fit in with the liberals anymore.

March 14, 2014 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  9. Rudy NYC

March 14, 2014 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  10. Enough is Enough

Naaawww Joe....your boss has had plenty of time for golf....and he gets to hang with millionaires and golf on their private courses....so glad Dems are just like the majority of us.....unlike those evil, rich Republicans.....

March 14, 2014 08:45 am at 8:45 am |
  11. Fair is Fair

But Joe... think about it. If you win, you can play golf as much as you want!!!

Run, Joe... RUN!!!!

March 14, 2014 08:47 am at 8:47 am |
  12. Rudy NYC

Fair is Fair wrote:

But Joe... think about it. If you win, you can play golf as much as you want!!! Run, Joe... RUN!!!!
    ---------------------------–
    You make me wish that he would run, just so that I could listen to your jokes. Eventually, you're gonna make me laugh.

March 14, 2014 09:10 am at 9:10 am |
  13. Marie MD

@rudy, you forgot to mention that of eight years you would spend 1/3 of it on vacation.

March 14, 2014 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  14. Lynda/Minneosta

@ Rudy NYC:

"If I were POTUS, my recreational pursuits would be far more laid back: fishing, bowling, and horseshoes. I could follow George W. Bush's lead and have working vacations, complete with beer summits. A cabin on a Minnesota lake would be perfect."
    -------------–

Horseshoes and bowling, Rudy? Those where the days! Fishing, though. Oh yeah. That is what I'll never give up, even if I have to hand the rod over to my husband to reel them in now days. I've pulled in my fair share over the years, but sadly the fingers aren't what they used to be.

There is nothing less stressful than sitting in a boat watching the sun set over the horizon. God's handiwork in its fullest glory.

March 14, 2014 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  15. John in Colorado

I am encouraging my Republican friends to draft that famous Hollywood personality, Arnold Ziffle, the Pig, to run for president as a Tea Party favorite and have Palin as the VP. That would be as appealing a ticket as any they could put forward.

March 14, 2014 10:01 am at 10:01 am |