Obamacare applicants to get more deadline flexibility
March 25th, 2014
5 months ago

Obamacare applicants to get more deadline flexibility

Washington (CNN) - The Obama administration will give more time to people who try to apply for health insurance coverage through the federal marketplace by Monday but encounter difficulty, administration officials said Tuesday evening.

Monday is the deadline for people to enroll in order to have coverage for this year or face penalties under the Affordable Care Act.

"Open enrollment ends March 31. We are experiencing a surge in demand and are making sure that we will be ready to help consumers who may be in line by the deadline to complete enrollment - either online or over the phone," said Joanne Peters, a spokeswoman for the Department of Health and Human Services.

SEE FULL STORY

1. i'malib

So, this explains why my $2500 health rebate check hasn't arrived.

March 25, 2014 11:48 pm at 11:48 pm |
  2. Chris-E...al

Its so good i hate to see it start ! Its great ! About the cost of a t.v. cable bill or a phone bill 0bama lyed ! check .

March 26, 2014 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  3. Marie MD

Good, gives more Americans without insurance a chance for medical insurance.
    March is a notorious month for layoffs!

March 26, 2014 06:11 am at 6:11 am |
  4. Free Man in the Republic of TEXAS

"I" am KING.

"I" can change OBAMACARE any way "I" want
    any time "I" want.

"I" don't need NO stinkin "congress"

"I" will TELL you what "laws" are.
    What is to be enforced... or NOT.

FORWARD >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>
    To The New FREEDOM of Fundamental Transformation !!!

March 26, 2014 07:22 am at 7:22 am |
  5. Deathstalker74

What a joke. I thought this was the "law of the land" and "couldn't be changed". Progressives are such hypocrites. All about power...

March 26, 2014 07:40 am at 7:40 am |
  6. Gurgyl

Good for this nation.

March 26, 2014 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  7. Rick McDaniel

This isn't a law........it's a "do whatever you please, and we will accommodate you".

March 26, 2014 08:20 am at 8:20 am |
  8. Gurgyl

Nothing wrong with this Law, intended to save millions of patients from the Greed of this nation, I.e, GOP and their spoons.

March 26, 2014 08:31 am at 8:31 am |