March 28th, 2014
7 months ago

Political Circus: The joke's on us

Washington (CNN)—Come on House Speaker John Boehner.

We know you’re miffed about Obamacare’s latest extension...

But the administration would never joke about the law…

Make 'em squeal
U.S. Senate candidate Joni Ernst of Iowa says she is especially equipped to trim Washington pork.

#whatevs
Speaking of job skills, potential New Hampshire Senate candidate Scott Brown offered a modest endorsement of his bid to represent the Granite State.
‘‘Do I have the best credentials? Probably not. ‘Cause, you know, whatever. But I have long and strong ties to this state,’’ Brown told The Associated Press. ‘‘People know.’’
Au contraire mon frère! Your Twitter feed reveals a man with mad skills.
Here Brown is tending a tiny tot

And tending bar … thankfully without that tot.

And tending cattle

Say three Hail Marys
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, a longtime critic of the intelligence community’s snooping practices, had a suggestion for President Barack Obama on what he should say to Pope Francis during their meeting at the Vatican.

Going 'Fargo' on Obamacare
Will Brooke, a congressional candidate in Alabama, offers this parting shot on dismantling Obamacare.

Filed under: John Boehner • Obamacare • President Obama • Rand Paul • Scott Brown • Uncategorized
  1. Jeff Brown in Jersey

Speaker Droop Along will go down as one of the least useful politicians of all time!

March 28, 2014 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  2. Tampa Tim

So far everything Boehner predicted about ACA has been wrong. I hope in the future, if he has has questions or concerns, he will talk to the president instead of Fox News.

March 28, 2014 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  3. Dave Jaipersaud

Ok! If I can recall correctly, Republicans closed the Government down because they wanted to delay Obamacare. So now the President is delaying it, basically doing exactly what the Republican wanted, they are upset. What a bunch of cry babies and idio-s. They are never be satisfied even if the get 100% of what they are asking for. These Republicans idio-s don't deserve to be a part of any government in the country.

March 28, 2014 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  4. Boomer in Mo

The ACA is a mess and needs some serious tweaking, but why do the Republicans not want the American people to have access to affordable care/health insurance. Note I said "access" and did not suggest the govt. pay for it, though it probably will have to for many low income people. But give me a break, the wealthiest country in the world cannot give all its citizens access to quality healthcare. Really?

March 28, 2014 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  5. ThinkAgain: Don't like Congress? Get rid of the repub/tea bag majority.

You know, if the gop/tea bags had a record of accomplishments that have helped our country, I'd say they have a right to criticize the President.

But they don't – so they should put a sock in it!

March 28, 2014 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  6. Tampa Tim

Brooke fits the party of stupid ideal candidate to a tee. He has a lot going for him: he is heavily armed to take on legislation, not to bright, completely unaware of the needs of Alabamians, wants to dismantle government, and could hold his own in a debate with Michele Bachmann.

March 28, 2014 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  7. Tampa Tim

Rand Paul's confession: I have lied and plagiarized.

March 28, 2014 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  8. Silence DoGood

@Dave Jaipersaud
    --------–
    Thank you for pointing this out again! They are not about any particular politics or philosophy. As long as they can say NO to a man they have sworn to hate, it doesn't matter what he does even if it is something they asked for.

Another favorite double-speak of mine: Obama is a no-show do-nothing know-nothing BUT he have magically succeeded in being a total control dictator.

March 28, 2014 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  9. ThinkAgain: Don't like Congress? Get rid of the repub/tea bag majority.

Once again, the gop/tea bags complain about President Obama instead of trying to work with him to help the American people.

Next up: gop/te bags complaining that President Obama is unwilling to reach across the isle and work with them.

Followed by: President Obama reaching across the isle and the gop/tea bags refusing to help because that would mean a legislative victory for the President and a visit from Karl Rove with his bags of money at the ready to primary them in the upcoming mid-term elections.

See why Dems need to get out and vote on November 4, 2014 and send the gop/tea bags packing?

March 28, 2014 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  10. Tony

Rand Paul should ask the Pope for forgiveness, for he has plagiarized. On the other hand, he can just hire Christie's lawyers to clear himself.

March 28, 2014 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  11. Tony

Boehner: The joke's on us. Six million? Where did that come from? What happened to the inevitable implosion of Obamacare that we, the Republicans, have been talking about since 2010?

March 28, 2014 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  12. Tampa Tim

Does Joni Ernst know that castration is a form of birth control?

March 28, 2014 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  13. Silence DoGood

DEM mechanic: Your car is broken but I have ideas I would like to try. Would you work with me and start the engine and step on the gas when I say too?

GOP mechanic: Your car is broken and it is your fault. To prove it I pulled some wires and hoses out to make sure it is broken. But I got my car so I don't care – see you later.

March 28, 2014 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  14. Fair is Fair

Dave Jaipersaud

---------
    By your logic, the government shutdown would not have occurred had Obama delayed Obamacare at that time. So is the shutdown owned by him?

March 28, 2014 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  15. Progressives Have Issues

"not to bright" The word that you were looking for was "too"....it's kind of ironic that you didn't appear to know that.....

March 28, 2014 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  16. salty dog

This is the clown car unloaded, yikes! This is the gop problems personified, they should just stay quiet.

March 28, 2014 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  17. Rudy NYC

Tampa Tim

So far everything Boehner predicted about ACA has been wrong.
    -------------------------–
    Most especially the part about repealling it and replacing it with nothing. Repealing it would be an utter disaster. Republicans are still voting to repeal the ACA, which means they want to take away health insurance from not just a few million folks, not tens of millions, but hundreds of millions. They want to take health insurance away from everyone ... ... and replace it with absolutely nothing except for a black hole, for which they willl blame the Democrats, just as they always do.

March 28, 2014 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  18. Rudy NYC

Fair is Fair

Dave Jaipersaud

---
    ===========================================

By your logic, the government shutdown would not have occurred had Obama delayed Obamacare at that time. The government shutdown is owned by the Repubhlicans who shut it down because the President didn't delay Obamacare.

FIFY

March 28, 2014 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  19. rs

You know, the biggest problem with the GOP and the ACA is this: it contains everything they had in their '90s vintage health care plan; it is a dead ringer for Massachusetts's "Romneycare"; when the President gives in to their demands, then that isn't what they want; when he gives extensions or delays they ask for, then that isn't what they want.

The fact remains, they still have no plan as an alternative, and they still have no fixes for the ACA- just, what? 54 "symbolic" votes against it?

I'd bet at this stage if the President said "you know, you're right lets scrap it" they'd instead back it to the hilt.

If I were a GOPper running for office this fall, I'd be scared. a 6 year record of doing nothing isn't much to run on.

March 28, 2014 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  20. Silence DoGood

@Rudy NYC
    Tampa Tim

So far everything Boehner predicted about ACA has been wrong.
    ---------–
    ------------
    I want to hear about the Death Panels again. That was so fanciful and scary. I hear that Darth Vader was made Czar of Death Panels.

March 28, 2014 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  21. Tampa Tim

Prog.....- Thanks for reading. Did you get the gist of what I was saying?

March 28, 2014 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  22. Tony in Maine

Boehner et al are miffed that, despite an epic tantrum, the ACA exists. I am miffed that it is not universal single payer government administered health insuirance for everyone but John Boehner et al.

March 28, 2014 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  23. i'malib

Silence DoGood

------------------------------------------
    Don't you realize, cars cause global warming. We need to do away with all cars-I don't need gas, I ride the bus!

March 28, 2014 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  24. Silence DoGood

@Tony in Maine
    -----------–
    day 1: The ACA will fail on its own. Not failing? Try sabotage and scare tactics....
    day 2: The ACA will fail on its own. Not failing? Try sabotage and scare tactics....
    day 3: The ACA will fail on its own. Not failing? Try sabotage and scare tactics....
    ......................
    day 100: The ACA will fail on its own. Not failing? Try sabotage and scare tactics....
    ......................
    day ???: universal single payer and we join the rest of the civilized world

March 28, 2014 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  25. RWB1956

If you really want a good laugh, check out the two ACA stories in CNN Money. The comments sections are just filled with people whose heads are exploding at any advance the ACA makes because they just hate the President. Remember to go vote in the midterms!

March 28, 2014 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |