April 7th, 2014
4 months ago

Biden on sleeping with a college professor

(CNN) - There he goes again.

Vice President Joe Biden delivered another whimsical moment Monday–the kind that borders a fine line between cheeky yet charming.

Speaking at the 94th annual convention of the American Association of Community Colleges in Washington, Biden thanked attendees for their work–something he knows a little bit about, given that his wife, Jill Biden, is a community college professor.

He profusely praised the educators and argued they're "the best kept secret in America."

"Jill is probably right," he added. "I think I'd have the same attitude...did I not sleep with a community college professor every night."

As the audience laughed, Biden interjected.

"Oh, the same one, the same one," he said, waving his hands in an attempt to clarify. "The same one."

Earlier at the event, while introducing the vice president, Jill Biden told the audience that her husband "knows the value of a community college education–and not just because he's married to a community college teacher."

In his speech, Biden announced the launch of the Registered Apprenticeship College Consortium, a group of community colleges, businesses, labor unions and industry organizations that will work together to help apprentices earn college credit for their training.

The initiative is part of the administration's ongoing effort to boost job training.

In other news, the vice president on Monday began tweeting again under the handle @JoeBiden after the account was inactive for more than a year. He indicated he plans to use the account for the 2014 midterms. (His office–including the vice president himself–already tweets from the handle @VP.)

Filed under: Jill Biden • Joe Biden
  1. 'Murica

God may not be a liberal but he is a Democrat....reminds me of the Will Ferrell as the Architect in a spoof of the Matrix on SNL.

Ferrell,"Vis a vis, ergo, concordantly, I really have no idea what I'm saying but it sounds cool." LOL

April 7, 2014 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  2. Kitty hogan

What an embarrassing pig he is

April 7, 2014 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  3. 'Murica

Biden is loved by both sides? HAHAHAHAHA What planet are you from?
    I'm missing your sarcasm right?
    Please say yes. I can't imagine that anyone is that deluded.

April 7, 2014 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  4. J'Cincinnati'Redd

Joe,will never be President.

April 7, 2014 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  5. Silence DoGood

@ImJustAGuy
    How cute (rolls eyes)

In other news, we now know Obama supporter, The Reverend Al Sharpton was a mob snitch against the Genovese Crime Family in the 1980's. If I were to play the drinking game every time CNN and other mainstream media outlets will report on this, I'll remain sober!
    -----------–
    OK – I will play too. Did you know that Grover Cleveland was reputed to have fathered an illegitimate child? I think we all know what that means! I am never voting for him again.

April 7, 2014 03:37 pm at 3:37 pm |
  6. Ol' Yeller

@Sal

"He can teach a class in how to fire a shotgun through the front door if you are frightened"

Better than firing a shotgun into your friend's face because you are drunk.
    Right?
    Comparing Biden to cheney, is like comparing a good natured and intelligent working man to a belly crawling evil demon worm with no evolved brain who eats his own.

My apologies to belly crawling evil demon worms.

April 7, 2014 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  7. Abby

salty dog: you assumed rla is republican and he actually cares about Christi. Stop loving your party more than your country.

April 7, 2014 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  8. ATW

Nice... Class act huh? What an amazing desinigration of our executive offices... Democrats should be disgusted but I am sure they are not...

April 7, 2014 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  9. moab34

Biden is sleeping with a college professor? I didn't know Obama was a college professor.

April 7, 2014 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  10. Rudy NYC

ImJustAGuy

How cute (rolls eyes)

-------------------------------
    When did being a witness against "the mob" become a bad thing? Isn't that what brave people do?

April 7, 2014 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  11. asdf

if he were a republican, this quote would be repeated every day on the news for the next six months

April 7, 2014 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  12. Really?

Seriously-you're calling Biden a buffoon? The Republican party of Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Jan Brewer, John McCain, Christine O'donell (De), Sharon Angle (Nv), Shelly Adleson, Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Don Trump...et al, ibid, repeat, so forth and carry on ...all sprinkled with The Koch Brothers and a dash of Rush Limbaugh....yeah, ok.

It's embarrrassing how little the right wing brings to the table. (And of course no NEW ideas that help everyone). Just total incompetence and ridiculous vitriol... good luck in 2016 fellas....and good luck America...

The list of right wing NUTBALLS goes on for thousands...probably more...I simply shake my head when I think of how dim witted the leaders of the republican party are (and most republicans in general) ....think' i'd take the buffoon....

And PLEASE keep destroying the planet, right wingers-there's NO global warming! maybe this experiment will finally end... " to be aware is to be alive"...

April 7, 2014 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  13. Bill Kelly

We don't call him Low-Class Joe for nothing here in Delaware. Please accept our apologies for having sent such an embarrassment to Washington at such a high level post.

April 7, 2014 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  14. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

So Foxlite only supports free speech if it's against THIS POTUS....

April 7, 2014 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  15. Dave

Joe Biden, Professional Idiot

He couldn't be "charming" if someone dumped a bucketload on his head.

April 7, 2014 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  16. Name jk. Sfl. THE KOCH BROTHERS GOP STOOGES PARTY NEEDS to be VOTED OUT IN NOVEMBER !!!!

Go for it Joe , who cares about those religious GOP FREEKS!!!!

April 7, 2014 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |