Is Justin Bieber getting special treatment?
Singer Justin Bieber performs onstage at the 2014 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 13 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California.
April 21st, 2014
7 months ago

Is Justin Bieber getting special treatment?

Washington (CNN) – Justin Bieber is allowed to stay in the United States - for now.

The White House won't comment on a petition signed by more than 270,000 asking for the pop star to be deported for his repeated starring role in famous-people-behaving-badly.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Immigration • White House
  1. devil's advocate

I don't care for the beebs, he's a little brat. But its Obama's fault he is here, has to be.

April 21, 2014 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  2. ThinkAgain: Don't like Congress? Get rid of the repub/tea bag majority.

I don't care for Justin – he seems like a brat. I trust, though, that his possible extradition is being handled appropriately. If he gets special treatment, it's because of his wealth. And if that bothers people, they should put their anger towards leveling the playing field throughout our justice system.

April 21, 2014 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  3. Tony

We should deport Miley Cyrus too. I know that Miley Cyrus is an American, but we should make an exception for her. She should be deported for being an annoying brat.

April 21, 2014 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  4. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA - Take Back the House

He get's a special type of star treatment. He's not your average star. He's among the Hollywood elite and they get special privileges. If it was Any other Joe from Montreal or Quebec, they'd be on the first thing smoking.

April 21, 2014 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Silence DoGood

@devil's advocate
    -------------
    If the conservative tin foil hats blame Obama for hurricanes, they can certainly blame him for this.

April 21, 2014 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  6. CryBabies

Watched him host SNL a few months back. Really not much talent there. One of the most boring SNL's I've ever witnessed. IDGI

April 21, 2014 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  7. Gary

270,000 people asking for the Bieb to be deported. I bet we can come up with 270,000 in about 5 minutes who want Ted Cruz deported. Send them both back to where they came from.

April 21, 2014 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  8. bill

@ devil's advocate. You have it all wrong. NOTHING is ever Obama's fault. Blame -----–

April 21, 2014 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  9. God MAY NOT be a Liberal, but He IS a Democrat

@ DC Johnny you are on . . . so please attempt to debate me . . . or are you NOT that intelligent conservative that you claim is a match for me? Oh, and as far as latching on to a mispelling here or there in my post to bolster your distorted self view; 1.) I`m not interested or trying to impress you in that manner and, 2.)I blogged that on a mobile device while driving. But let`s move on to SUBSTANCE. Please proceed and tell me exactly how Lincoln bears any resemblace to the Republican party in the last 50 years. We are waiting you political savant . . . NOT!

April 21, 2014 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  10. Winston Smith

I suppose no one else in this country gets special treatment? Just think about all of our elected officials and the other 1%er's. They don't face the same laws the rest of us do. Think about it.

April 21, 2014 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  11. tom l

"I blogged that on a mobile device while driving"

======

Texting and driving is illegal. You should be more careful.

April 21, 2014 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  12. azcanadienne

To be fair...the U.S. created the monster. You need to stop making "idols" out of worthless human beings. He's no different than Miley Cyrus, the Kardashians.... Please feel free to clean up the mess you made!

April 21, 2014 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  13. ThinkAgain: Don't like Congress? Get rid of the repub/tea bag majority.

@azcanadienne: "To be fair...the U.S. created the monster. You need to stop making "idols" out of worthless human beings. "

It's the free market in action, nothing more, nothing less. He's not worthless; he does have talent. What he is lacking is character.

April 21, 2014 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  14. Randy, San Francisco

Not an issue as long as he pays his fair share of taxes on income earned in the US and employ American workers for his concerts.

April 21, 2014 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  15. Tom l

Randy,
    I keep hearing this term "fair share". Just what is fair? I can't even begin to comprehend what "fair" might be since you probably have a different standard for what is. "fair". I think it's pretty arrogant for you to put your definition of "fair" as the standard.

April 21, 2014 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  16. Dominican mama 4 Obama

but the 20-year-old's misbehavior and run-ins with the law raise some serious questions about immigration law enforcement. Like, is Bieber getting some serious special treatment?
    -------------------------------------------------
    I don't know and I don't care.
    You want to talk about special treatment? Let's talk about Lindsay Lohan.
    Now THAT's some special treatment for your butt, oh but wait, she's American and th eonly place we can send her is jail... so nevermind.
    Talk about graspin g at straws trying to start some crap her cnn.

April 21, 2014 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  17. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Texting and driving is illegal. You should be more careful.
    -------------------------------------------------
    There are Apps out there that allow for hands free texting and receiving of texts tom l.
    Happy Monday to you ;)

April 21, 2014 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  18. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

Yawn. Slow news day, eh, CNN?

April 21, 2014 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |