April 23rd, 2014
3 months ago

Georgia governor signs gun law

Ellijay, Georgia (CNN) – Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a wide-ranging gun bill into law Wednesday that has critics howling and proponents applauding.

House Bill 60, or the Safe Carry Protection Act of 2014 - which opponents have nicknamed the "guns everywhere bill" - specifies where Georgia residents can carry weapons. Included are provisions for taking guns into some bars, churches, school zones, government buildings and certain parts of airports.

FULL POST

Filed under: Georgia • Gun control • Gun rights
  1. tom l

=====

Area 51 is calling. They say they're missing their favorite conspiracy theorist who is now commenting incessantly on the CNN Ticker. Such a shocker that you would bring up race...again and again and again and again. But it's the right that is all consumed with race, right? You really are sad how much you like to rile people up into racial animosity and division. How do you sleep at night?

April 23, 2014 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  2. tom l

Tampa Tim

I think when I search for connecting flights, I will avoid Atlanta.

=====

Since I live in Atlanta, you have just given me the best news I have heard all day.

April 23, 2014 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  3. Chris-E...al

Well if i die in a shoot out i hope theres plenty of brass laying around my feet were ppl atleast new i died trying to take care of myself .

April 23, 2014 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  4. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Me and you both Randy. Sniffitt once again you're spot on.

Maybe I'm feeling this way after watching Gunfight at the OK Corral last night with Kirk Douglas and Burt Lancaster but what the hell is happening with the south do they want us to return to the Wild West days???

What about the rights of those that don't want to be surrounded by guns? You know those of us who aren't cowards that are afraid of their own shadow?

April 23, 2014 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

Sniffit

"What do you think is going to happen when one of your "criminals" decides to stand their ground against a vigilante?

--–
    Soil himself would be the answer."

It's all in who shoots first. And therein lies the problem.
    ---------------------------------
    Problem? The "criminal" will see danger in the vigilante's eyes and opens fire first, fearing for his life. Said vigilante will be found to have been carrying a concealed weapon. Said criminal claims vigilante threatened him, and so he shot him. Case closed.

April 23, 2014 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  6. Sniffit

"Area 51 is calling. They say they're missing their favorite conspiracy theorist who is now commenting incessantly on the CNN Ticker. "

There's no conspiracy theory here, tom. Stand your ground laws are quite obvious in their underlying intent. The "race war" nonsense is a constant refrain amongst RWNJ gun fetishists and has grown louder and more frequently repeated because you know why. KKK is coming out of the woodwork all over the place and doing things like announcing their unilateral decision to set up "neighborhood watch" in peoples' neighborhoods. Plastic Easter eggs were strewn about a VA neighborhood this past week with racist notes in them for the children to find and it ahs parents going nuts. Voter suppression voter suppression voter suppression. There's no "conspiracy" about this, tom. The evidence is piled EXACATLY as deep as the BS the conservatives have been spewing for the past 6 years....and that's no coincidence.

April 23, 2014 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  7. Sniffit

"You really are sad how much you like to rile people up into racial animosity and division. How do you sleep at night?"

Soundly, knowing that I'm not an enabler like you.

April 23, 2014 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  8. Rudy NYC

Chris-E...al

---------------------------------
    Own a gun? Odds are better than 2 to 1 that you will die by taking care of yourself. Odds are better than 20 to 1 than another family member in your household might take care of you, too.

April 23, 2014 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  9. Al-NY,NY

Chris-E...al

---

and god forbid, a family member of yours is gunned down by mr vigilante, free-wheeling, gun-toting 'murkin who happens to fire wildly into a crowd trying to kill someone who looked at him wrong??? what say you then?

April 23, 2014 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  10. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Sniffitt you're right again. After all it worked out perfectly for GZ. Not only did he stalk and accost a child he was able to murder him in cold blood and walk away free after they put the victim on trial instead of the murderer.

April 23, 2014 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  11. The Real Tom Paine

@ tom l, I thought you lived in Cali. So, how does it feel to live in a state where you can get gunned down in Church, and the perp can actually craft a defense? Or is this somehow part of the Libertarian Nirvana you keep trying to create?

April 23, 2014 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  12. Tampa Tim

tom l
    Tampa Tim

I think when I search for connecting flights, I will avoid Atlanta.

=====

--–
    Normally I try to avoid responding to you because you super sensitive, but. Just a few weeks ago you said you helped your girlfriend sign up for health care in the California health exchange. Was that just another of your lies?

April 23, 2014 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  13. Rudy NYC

tom l wrote:

"Here's what he and they think and hope: The "criminal" will be a black dude, so the white jury will side with the righteous vigilante white guy with the concealed carry permit and NRA membership proving his worth to society and who "cleansed" the neighborhood of such filth. Besides, they all believe they need to stock up in preparation for the incoming race war and inevitable downfall of society triggered by a black man becoming POTUS"

====================================================================
    You seem to be the one and only person who is riled up and losing sleep, tom.
    Sniffit is simply being sarcastic in the extreme.
    You're supposed to laugh, chuckle, hackle, or wheeze at it.

April 23, 2014 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  14. Tampa Tim

Chris – I hope you are alone as well, when you go ballistic.

April 23, 2014 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  15. Silence DoGood

@Chris-E...al
    -------–
    Not discriminating between a movie and real life is not something I would recommend on a life skill list.

April 23, 2014 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  16. Tampa Tim

Tom l posted a few weeks ago that he lived in CA, and helped his girlfriend sign up for health care in the California exchange. Now he is in Atlanta.

April 23, 2014 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  17. J Anthony

Regressives in action.. Rick McD and others from right-wing fantasy-land think it's a gosh-darn swell idea. "Let the criminals beware?" Beware of laws that make it easier for you to be a criminal? Just how backwards do you have to be to think this is a good idea?

April 23, 2014 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  18. Chris-E...al

@well that wood b a dep subject 4 a dem wel .

April 23, 2014 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  19. yeahright

Guns in bars and airports. What could possibly go wrong?

April 23, 2014 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  20. Rudy NYC

The Real Tom Paine

------------------------------------–
    And, here I thought he was someone just "a few years out of high school". Still do. I guess it depends upon who's wearing the "tom shoes" on any given day.

April 23, 2014 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |