April 28th, 2014
4 months ago

Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin told a capacity crowd at a National Rifle Association rally how she would baptize terrorists if she was an elected official.

“If I was in charge,” Palin said Saturday in Indianapolis, “they would know, waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists.”

Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, who ran against then Sen.-Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election, with Palin as his running mate, has spoken out against waterboarding, calling it illegal and ineffective. During the Vietnam War, McCain endured years of torture and imprisonment as a prisoner of war under the North Vietnamese.

In her speech, Palin also said the Washington insiders who called the 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood a case of workplace violence “don’t know what is right.” That shooting was carried out by Maj. Nidal Hassan.

“Not when that evil Muslim terrorist Major Hassan massacres his fellow military soldiers at Fort Hood,” she said.

Characterizing Hassan, “that devil” as a ‘disgruntled employee,’” is hypocritical, said Palin.

Palin called liberals hypocrites for their stance on issues varying from gun control to torture at the NRA event that was part of the organization’s 2014 convention.

But she backtracked later, saying, “Not all intolerant anti-freedom leftist liberals are hypocrites.”

“I’m kidding,” she said. “Yes, they are.”

Palin told the crowd that “guys like” Sen. Al Franken and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid “are not satisfied with just taking your money and your job and your truck and your property and your rights and your healthcare. Those Democrats trying to get all ‘Pelosi’ on ya, and you’re not gonna have it!” she said, referring to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

Palin accused the Democrats of pursuing “policies that poke our allies in the eye and coddle adversaries instead of putting the fear of God in our enemies.”

She ended her speech by telling the crowd that the bracelet she wears celebrates the Bill of Rights, ratified in 1791.

“It’s why we’re here, to celebrate and confirm that solemn oath to liberty,” she said.

Filed under: 2008 Election • Al Franken • Alaska • Harry Reid • Indiana • Nancy Pelosi • NRA • Sarah Palin • Terrorism
  1. willyboy4

I am anxious for Ms. Caribou Barbie, AKA Gubbernor Iquitmyrjob, to be *baptised* on national television. Multiple times.

April 28, 2014 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  2. Fair is Fair

edocol

she
    really
    Can't
    Understand
    Normal
    Thinking
    ---------
    I suppose you lefties here condone this, right?

April 28, 2014 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  3. johnbiggscr

wow, could she insult any more people if she tried?
    This person was hoping to be vice-president, how freaking scary is that?

April 28, 2014 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  4. BorgX

I kid you not, I have always counted myself as a republican (old school not neo-conservative) BUT if the GOP puts her on the ballet again I WILL VOTE Democrat again (just like the last election she was in)

April 28, 2014 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  5. yeahitsme72

She is just an awful person. We really lucked out that she was not elected and a heartbeat away from being the president. I'm not sure if she actually stands for ignorance and laziness or if those are just her own personal calling cards, but either way nothing productive comes from her.

April 28, 2014 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |
  6. The Jackdaw

I think this woman should be "baptised."

April 28, 2014 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  7. spencer208

omg, why are we still giving her press???? talk about being clueless, she is ridiculous

April 28, 2014 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  8. somebody

She calls herself a Christian but seems to be along way from following the teachings of Christ. What would Jesus say about torture today?

April 28, 2014 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  9. mary

Good grief..this is a "woman"???
    I bet if she were tested she would be on testosterone overload..I bet she shaves in the morning… :(

April 28, 2014 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  10. vance lebeouf

if she had her way she would probably hump these terrorists to death, what a horrible way to dye

April 28, 2014 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  11. Voice of Reason

She's just putting more evidence out there that she cannot be taken seriously in any credible conversation. If you want knee-jerk hubris, and red-meat, dog-whistle, platitudes, then she's your gal! But if you want intelligent debate about facts and reality – forget her.

April 28, 2014 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  12. jazzophile

This is a reply to "Fair Is Fair"..... I don't completely understand your post. Perhaps you could explain it further? Especially your last comment, "I suppose you lefties here condone this, right?" Excuse me, but condone WHAT, exactly? Thanks for helping us all understand what was probably a very witty and insightful post on your part. (no, that's not 'inciteful', Ms Palin..)

April 28, 2014 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  13. DustyOnesIsBack

I wouldn't boith baptising them.

April 28, 2014 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  14. Brian from DC

I thank God every day for Sarah Palin! If it weren't for her we wouldn't have gotten Barack Obama as President. From my heart I thank her.

April 28, 2014 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  15. nancy

Well, here is what I would call her..
    "war monger".. the kind of fruitcake like that Kim Jong-un in Korea.
    A person who would go to war over a personal insult.. She's a nut case. And the kind of person who needs to go back to alaska and get a job culling the wildlife. Its her "thing".. and better she hunts and kills animals than has the power to take that kind of thought process out on people.

April 28, 2014 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  16. Um, excuse me, but

I'm with Bugs on this one: What a maroon!

April 28, 2014 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  17. Matt Sargent

As a Christian, the thought of comparing the holy sacrament of baptism to a violent mechanism intended to extract information (I am not calling it torture, you can decide that) from the unwilling is highly disrespectful.

April 28, 2014 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  18. Scott Cisney

It's weird. There are so many people who call themselves "Christians" but their behavior betrays them. This type of name calling is just mean. This woman is mean. And not very bright. We were lucky she did not end up as vice president.

April 28, 2014 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  19. Joe D.

To which Barack Obama says, "Thank You" and sends her another gift basket. Because without her unadultered insanity, he probably wouldn't be President!

April 28, 2014 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  20. Anonymous

It's utterly vile for this woman to relate a sacred act like baptism to a profane act like torture. Thank goodness this woman will never again hold elected office.

April 28, 2014 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  21. Oz W Hipay

Self-absorbed, attention-starved, aging harridan tricks morons via a paid speech.

April 28, 2014 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  22. DNA

What a troll.

April 28, 2014 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  23. paul reynolds

Sarah needs more Attention again – And You Media networks always FALL for it!!

April 28, 2014 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  24. Is that another 2016 joke?

23. J
    "And the GOP wonders why they can't win national elections"
    Walt until November, buddy.
    April 28, 2014 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |

You do realize there are no national elections in November, right.

The only national election is for President. All others are at best, state-wide.

April 28, 2014 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  25. Bruce

It amazes me that people still listen to her. All she is is a quitter. I can't think of one way she could be a positive roll model for anyone.

April 28, 2014 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |