May 7th, 2014
4 months ago

Video: All options have to be on table for missing girls in Nigeria, senator says

Senator Amy Klobuchar, D-Minnesota, talks on "New Day" about the role the U.S. can play in helping to find over 200 missing girls in Nigeria.

Filed under: Amy Klobuchar
  1. Sniffit

"After all, nothing says strategic national interests like a few hundred kidnapped girls in the middle of Africa."

After all, nothing says strategic national interests like a few hundred thousands dead Iraqis and 5k dead American soldiers based on lies about non-existent WMDs.

FIFY

May 7, 2014 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  2. guest

Rudy NYC:

"Eager to use military force"? Eager? That's crazy talk. You're not getting my vote for a national office."

------------------------------------------–

Slow down and breath, I said willing but NOT eager. Go read it again.

May 7, 2014 12:53 pm at 12:53 pm |
  3. CryBabies

Tony D..."Clowns" is being complimentary. Still, I feel we need to help these poor people. We have various "elite" forces that could get the job done. In and out.

May 7, 2014 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  4. Dean

This administration won't lift a finger to help...unless its for potential Democrat voters.

May 7, 2014 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |
  5. Dutch/Bad Newz, VA - Take Back the House

Fair

Here's just a few reasons why I like Sen. Klobachur: She opposed the Iraq War just as then Sen. Obama did. You get an A++++ rating from me for doing that sort of how NRA nuts get A ratings for opposing any common sense gun legislation. She's pro-choice, supports the PP&ACA, stands by the social safety net, supports the LGBT community(FREEDOM), is against trade practices that send our jobs overseas and not to mention she can debate any republican in Congress on the merits. Good enough for you?

May 7, 2014 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  6. Globalist One

Let the UN send in their crack hostage rescue squad. /sarcasm_alert

This is not our problem. Next thing you know the looney left will have SEAL Team 7 rescuing kittens out of trees.

May 7, 2014 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  7. Tony D

CryBabies

And when it happens again, like it has a habit of doing in Africa? Are we supposed to be the 911 call for Africa hostages? If US citizens were taken hostage and others were with them, I could buy into it. But not when none of our citizens are involved. This is a totally Nigerian problem that requires a total Nigerian solution.

May 7, 2014 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  8. Rudy NYC

guest wrote:

America has to be willing if not eager to use military force when necessary, and this is a good opportunity for America to help when asked while showing restraint and decorum in the use of force. Accomplish the task and shake hands and be done. solidify an ally while not occupying their country for once.

"Slow down and breath, I said willing but NOT eager. Go read it again."
    ---------------------------------–
    You read it again. You clearly state that "America has to be willing if not eager to use military force when necessary."

May 7, 2014 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  9. just asking

Dean

or potential campaign contributions. they are always willing to be bought off.

May 7, 2014 01:37 pm at 1:37 pm |
  10. Fair is Fair

Dutch/Bad Newz, VA – Take Back the House

Fair

--------
    You can say the same for just about every democrat in the Senate, as well as the vast majority of those in the house. So what do you feel are her unique qualifications that make you eager for her to run for President and convince you she would make a "darn good VP"?

May 7, 2014 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  11. Rudy NYC

Tony D

CryBabies

-----------------------------------–
    Yet, we have been helping the current Nigerian government all along, since well before this "hostage crisis" began. I think the term "hostage crisis" doesn't apply here at all. I'm not aware of the "hostage takers" making demands in exchange for the girls' release. More than 200 girls is a lot of mouths to feed. I think this is really a tragic case of human trafficking.

May 7, 2014 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  12. it must be said

Rudy NYC
    I think this is really a tragic case of human trafficking.
    -–

I know you are afraid to say it so I will say it for you... modern day slave trade. Not human trafficing.

May 7, 2014 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  13. Dominican mama 4 Obama

We cant just ship them military tech, as that doesnt go away when the current conflict does, and we have seen what happens when the current conflict is over but they are still sitting on massive tech upgrades in unstable parts of the world.
    -------------------------------------------------
    I'm sorry. I did not quite understand this part of your post.
    I do not see NIgeria as an "unstable part of the world".
    My concern is for our worn-out troops, and quite frankly I don't want to see us dragged into a situation that may be Al-Qaeda backed or related when our intent was to provide humanitarian assistance.
    We have to excercise caution and discernment when we're being asked to come to some country's assistance to help them solve THEIRl religion-related disputes and incidents.

May 7, 2014 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  14. Thomas

It's more important for the nigerian military to protect the countries wealthy 4%..

Who and where do these kidnapers do there banking , kill there bankers and confiscate there funds .

May 7, 2014 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |