Rahm Emanuel backs Hillary Clinton for president
May 9th, 2014
7 months ago

Rahm Emanuel backs Hillary Clinton for president

Washington (CNN) – Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel made his support for Hillary Clinton official on Friday, announcing through a pro-Clinton super PAC that he supports the former secretary of state for president, if she runs.

The former political adviser to Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama said he has seen Clinton's work firsthand and encouraged her to seek the office.

"When I worked with her in the White House, I saw what an effective leader she was," he said, adding that he knows "as president, she would continue to move our country forward."

"Hillary is smart, she's determined, and most importantly, she is a champion for the American people," Emanuel said in a statement released by Ready for Hillary, a pro-Clinton super PAC.

"I'm proud to make my support for her official, and I'm even prouder to join more than two million Americans encouraging her to run," he said.
In addition to supporting Clinton, Ready for Hillary announced that Emanuel will headline two of the group's fundraisers in Chicago on June 5.

Emanuel's support for a Clinton run was not a secret, but Friday's announcement made it official.
Last October, Emanuel told CNN's Jake Tapper, "I’m behind Hillary if she runs. And I think she will, but that’s up to her. If she runs, I’m in."

Ready for Hillary, with backing from a number of close Clinton advisers, is one of a handful of pro-Clinton super PACs that are working to urge Clinton to run in 2016.

Although their main focus has been in building a list of supporters and volunteers for a hypothetical Clinton campaign, they have recently been lining up a number of high-profile endorsements for the former first lady.

Last week, Ready for Hillary announced that Sen. Tim Kaine of Virginia was joining their effort and thereby supporting a possible Clinton bid.

Filed under: 2016 • Hillary Clinton • Rahm Emanuel • Ready for Hillary
  1. truth hurts but reality bites

Hillary Clinton's Accomplishements

1. Infamous Russian Reset policy – FAILURE
    2. One dead ambassador as well as three others – FAILURE
    3. Refused to put Boko Haram on the terrorist list – FAILURE
    4. $5 BILLION unaccounted for at State Dept. – FAILURE
    5. Ally Mubarack thrown under the bus, radical Muslims take power – FAILURE
    6. Middle East in flames – FAILURE
    7. Iran continues nuclear bomb march – FAILURE
    8. Four year world tour/vacation at our expense – SUCCESS

May 9, 2014 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  2. don in albuquerque

Tampa Tim
    Do not confuse Tommy G with facts.

May 9, 2014 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  3. don in albuquerque

Truth Hurts
    You really should change you moniker to something , I don't know, maybe Fools Parade. Anything having to do with the word "truth" is an injustice.

May 9, 2014 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  4. truth hurts but reality bites

don in albuquerque

Truth Hurts

And yet you fail to argue the facts to prove me wrong. FAILURE.

May 9, 2014 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  5. Gunderson

Um, Well,
    Maybe time get hip boots on, *** flying everywhere. People don't need Nanny. After 100 years of Nanny State country still in 1930's. Now who in democrat party make good president? Name some. I can't think of any at present.

May 9, 2014 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  6. Rudy NYC

don in albuquerque

Truth Hurts
    --------------------
    Hmm. You know the name "Truth Hurts" just might be the truth. Maybe it really is just too painful to be truthful.

May 9, 2014 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  7. Lynda/Minnesota

"Have fun fishing..."

No. I'm staying back this year. I've sent the guys on their way. My homemade chili and their bloviating fishing stories ought to keep them warm enough for a few days.

Me? I've had enough of cold winds and dreary sky.

May 9, 2014 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  8. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

I'm sending better weather your way.... It's finally warming up here. Yesterday the high was 86!! I actually had on flip flops!!

May 9, 2014 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  9. Thomas

@just saying
    trey gowdy is going to slice and dice hillary clinton during her deposition to the select committee. he knows what he is doing as he was a former prosecutor and never lost a case. she will not run for presdient because her cover up will be exposed as well as her total incompetence.

========

Its great to see Darrell Issa call in reinforcements " Trey Gowdy " , a true showman and intelligent legal attack dog .

Big egos tend to convolute the truth in vaudeville .

May 9, 2014 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  10. Lynda/Minnesota

@ Wake Up People

On a lighter note, I feel I ought to thank the moderator. It's been awhile since we were last allowed to chat with one another.

Quite the longest time out yet ... yes?

May 9, 2014 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  11. Dean

Tampa Tim

Tommy G – So you think a select committee looking into to deaths of 3000 Americans on 9-11-2001, 50 Americans dead in 15 terrorist attacks on our embassies under Bush, and the 4500 deaths in republican unnecessary wars would also be a good idea?

Do you take those blinders off at night?

May 9, 2014 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  12. loco motion

Truth hurts, I guess so, as you seem to have no tolerance for it. Notice how he was a good little sheep and blame her for the forming of a terrorist group, how funny is that, secure hats, ready to go!

May 9, 2014 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  13. Sniffit

"don in albuquerque

Tampa Tim
    Do not confuse Tommy G with facts."

Too late. That would be like trying to get a pregnant lady more pregnant.

May 9, 2014 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  14. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Yes Lynda. We both ought to thank them!!! It's always great to be able to chat with you and DM!!!😍😍😍

May 9, 2014 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  15. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda and Wake Up!:
    I'm enjoying reading your posts.
    Short on time today but you're BOTH on a roll!
    Lynda that whole Romney last name spelled backwards thingy was genius.
    Sorry about your car WUP! If you lived here I'd be able to "hook you up".
    Frozen margaritas are great.....frozen lakes not so much.

May 9, 2014 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  16. don in albuquerque

truth hurts
    I have found that trying to argue with the right wing here is sort of like teaching a pig to sing-wastes your time, and irritates the pig.

May 9, 2014 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  17. loco motion

So now 911 didn't happen: George didn't lie and drag us into war, killing 4500 and maiming tens of thousands more, yea, your a realist, too funny, you guys have a very loose grip on reality, may I suggest skipping fox news for a bit, does the soul good, really does guys.

May 9, 2014 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  18. Tony D

Hillary Clinton is in for one ROUGH RIDE. She is going to be required to produce a complete record of her activities with regards to Benghazi before the attack, especially during the 8-9 hours the attack was going on, and then her actions after the attack when she lied to the country and the familes of the 4 dead Americans about a video being the cause of their death.

To date, she has not had to fully account for her actions and deeds in ANY of this. "What does it all matter?!" isn't going to fly this time.

May 9, 2014 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  19. loco motion

Kinda fuzzy memory from 2001-2008, huh, don't blame you, it was horrific .

May 9, 2014 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  20. just asking

the democrat party rejected hillary clinton in 2008 big time. she was too far right for many in the extreme leftist democrat party. she voted for the iraq war. so what has changed? democrats got nobody else? her miserable record as secretary of state sure hasn't added anything to her positives.

May 9, 2014 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  21. don in albuquerque

Dean
    Do you ignore the truth. It's pretty hard to deny the truth behind each and every one of those graves.

May 9, 2014 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  22. Lynda/Minnesota

"Keep up the great work my friends...I've been promoted here at work so I can't play with you today!"

Oh, hey. I'm so happy for you, my friend. Keep up the good work and congratulations ...!

May 9, 2014 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  23. loco motion

Well Tony, if you haven't figured it out by now, your definitely a Republican, lmao, she might not win your vote, but then again, she's not trying, if you really want to know what happened that's one thing but, your party is the one who had some guy lying his as.s off about it, requiring CBS to apologize. CBS got the usual made out to be a fool for believing the gop ride, and were the idiots, ha!

May 9, 2014 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  24. Claude

Hillary Clinton will make a fine president. She has excellent experience, maturity, and judgement. That is, IF she runs.

May 9, 2014 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  25. Lynda/Minnesota

"To date, she has not had to fully account for her actions and deeds in ANY of this."

BENGHAZI : The Fundraising Sequel – Chapter 1; (Chairman Tony D – Revisited: The Saga Continues)

May 9, 2014 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |