Hillary Clinton's career in the spotlight
June 16th, 2014
6 months ago

What Clinton says, Clinton memes

What do you want to ask Hillary Clinton? Send your questions here and CNN Chief International Correspondent Christiane Amanpour might ask it during CNN's town hall meeting with Clinton at 5 p.m. ET Tuesday at the Newseum in Washington.

(CNN) – As recently as 2011, Hillary Clinton was seen by many as a respected but polarizing figure: Smart and accomplished, sure, but controlled and somewhat humorless. In the infamous faint praise of her rival-turned-boss Barack Obama, she was "likable enough."

Three years later, she seems somehow hipper, looser and more ... human. As we inch toward the 2016 election, she's presented a new online persona.

FULL POST

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Ol' Yeller

Gunderson

UM, Sorry,
    Ol' Yeller, the Hell you Beller,
    Old Gunderson "Talking Points" came long before maybe you born. Linbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly latest kid's on Block. You trying sell more Snake Oil. Hillary trying pull wool over your eyes. better start booking your own life if you want a life. While Hillary and the Liberals want to steal as much money as they can from the conservatives, who have moved off shore, it won't help you any. Look up Al Capp, or POGO, who knew who real "Enemy" is.

Gunderson... I know your shtick and though amusing at times... rather silly. Yes, I know hannity and these other morons are just the current kids on the block, but that is my point... same old tactics being used today which has always been used . I have no clue what you mean by the whole middle part about Hillary stealing and blah, blah, blah... I'm very familiar with Pogo's famous, "We have met the enemy and he is us" caption.
    I should you remind you, that was a cartoon and not real life.
    I'll stake my position with my posts... you seem to be more comforatable riding the fence, blowing in the wind, and maintaining your spiel (poorly).

June 16, 2014 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  2. Sniffit

"I was trying to type a comment but my hard drive crashed and deleted all of my comments. I guess they're gone forever like the Lois Lerner emails.

Now come on Sniffit and Co, you have to admit how shady that is. There's no way you can possibly believe that one, can you?"

/golfclap...that's some champion irrelevance...gold star for you for today.

June 16, 2014 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  3. Ol' Yeller

Tommy G writes:
    "Obama has poisoned the well too badly and another Democrat will not be elected president for a while."

Add this to the list of ignorant rightie comments on here. Unless 'for a while' means prior to 2016, then this statement is just plain stoopid. The Dems have a much better chance than any of the insane candidates the republicants have to trot out.
    What a rube.

June 16, 2014 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  4. Thomas

@Gunderson
    Hillary Clinton is a well oiled political machine ,She's a dancing machine , Automatic, systematic
    Full of color, self contained
    Tuned and gentle to your vibes
    Captivating, stimulating , Filled with space age design ,Rythmetic, acrobatic
    She's a dynamite attraction
    At the drop of a coin she comes alive, yeah , She knows what she's doing
    She's super bad now
    She's geared to really blow your mind , Watch her get down, watch her get down
    As she do do do her thing, right on the scene.

June 16, 2014 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

S.B. Stein

I see many people complaining about Hillary Clinton. My question what would they have done differently. I have yet to see anything that comes close to any realistic counter ideas to what she has done or proposed.
    --------------------------
    The same could almost be said about people whining about Pres. Obama. The right says he dropped the ball in Syria, but they have no answer for what they would have done differently. People on the right, like John McCain, wanted us to "arm the rebels", but we didn't because it was hard to tell the rebel factions apart. Had we sent in arms, the odds are good that some of the weapons would be in the hands of ISIS right now.

The list goes on and on. Conservatives say that we should have negotiated a new SOFA with Iraq in 2011. Malaki was not interested in extending the agreement at all. The counter argument says that we should have "forced" the Iraqis to sign a new agreement. How? The hallmark of the agreements that Pres. Bush, not Obama, had signed with the Iraqis was that if and when they asked us to leave, then we would leave the country. The right wing's talking point requires that we should have reneged on a signed treaty. They just forget to point that part out.

June 16, 2014 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  6. old age voter

I stand corrected on Hillarie’s age; wow ;a political career really takes a toll; so she just looks 72 at age 67

June 16, 2014 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  7. Sip That Kool Aid, It's All You're Good For.

Saddest day to come to many will be the day Hillary, decides not to run. From this point on, the republicans will believe they have it sewed up, much like they did in 2012. Give yourselves a rest, and don't count on winning an election before it has happened. It makes you look dumber than is necessary. By the way, learn how to spell if you are going to type offensive diatribe concerning political opinion. Makes for a better argument for your position.

June 16, 2014 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |