July 15th, 2014
5 months ago

Michele Bachmann's take on Elizabeth Warren: If I were Hillary, I'd be concerned

(CNN) – Should Hillary Clinton be concerned about a possible Elizabeth Warren candidacy in 2016?

Rep. Michele Bachmann believes so.

The Minnesota Republican, who ran for president in 2012, was responding to a question posed Tuesday by CNN’s Van Jones on “Crossfire” on whether Warren might be somebody who could pull away Republican votes in a presidential election.

“I don’t see her as necessarily taking Republican votes,” Bachmann said. “But I think she will be an extremely attractive candidate for Democratic voters in 2016… If I was Mrs. Clinton, I would be extremely concerned with what I see.”

Elizabeth Warren in 2016? Republicans take notice

On Tuesday, Ready for Warren, a super PAC formed to rally support for a Warren candidacy in 2016, launched its website as it continues in its efforts to draft the Massachusetts senator to a White House bid.

Warren has repeatedly denied any interest in running for president, insisting she plans to serve out the rest of her term in the Senate, which expires in 2018.

If Warren does run however, Democratic Rep. Charlie Rangel, a longtime supporter of Hillary Clinton, offered up his support to his friend.

“If she had Charlie Rangel in her corner and she was concerned about Sen. Warren, I would tell her darling, they haven’t got anyone to run against either one of you two,” Rangel said. “And that should give her small comfort.”

More: Elizabeth Warren bashes Wall Street in West Virginia

1. BUD

It doesn't matter.Either one could beat the GOP'S best.

July 16, 2014 12:11 am at 12:11 am |
  2. Ryan Brown

Ms. Warren would make a wonderful Senate Majority Leader

July 16, 2014 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  3. Tennessee3501

Congresswomen Michele Bachman is the most beautiful woman in politics. She could be a major movie star !

July 16, 2014 12:34 am at 12:34 am |
  4. will

Has Bachman EVER been right about ANYTHING?

July 16, 2014 12:37 am at 12:37 am |
  5. rick

Reality check!! Hillary IS WORRIED!! Her book she expected to bring in millions to fund her campaign to her seat at the white house is getting dumped in the bargan bins. Has to go on a obscure cable tv show because nobody with big money is offering her huge sums to hear ramblings about her ?poor life?. Everything in her grand sceem is basicly backfiering. And is either ignoring it.. Or convinced she is royalty in some weird way. Either version shows credibility in her views. But not in the American peoples views. Statements by her own words saying she is part of the "dynasty" shows she thinks herself the same as queen of england.. And america dumped that idea well over 200 years ago when we declared independance in 1776. Talk about out of touch delusions of grandure!! Those $5000 shoes must tast good. Since foot stuck in her mouth every time she opens hers!

July 16, 2014 12:42 am at 12:42 am |
  6. aaron

Is this woman ever going away? I thought with her declining another run for Congress, she'd fade away. But, no, she's like Palin, a bad case of the clap that keeps on giving. Bachmann should be concerned more about Daffy Duck taking her limelight away, though Daffy is way more intelligent.

July 16, 2014 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  7. omeany

It's been about 10 minutes and we haven't heard anything from that Crazy McCrazy Pants woman Michele Bachmann...Oh here we go...can't wait to see what kind of crazy comes out of her mouth...wait...She's be concerned if she were Hillary...Ah Michele, you never fail to amuse!

July 16, 2014 12:48 am at 12:48 am |
  8. Thomas

If I was Mrs. Clinton, I would be extremely concerned with what I see.” say's Michele Bachmann .

Michele Bachmann also believes that the earth was made in 6 days..

July 16, 2014 12:50 am at 12:50 am |
  9. daeh ttub

Bachmann on Crossfire? Seriously CNN? Thinking minds face palm....

July 16, 2014 12:52 am at 12:52 am |
  10. Skarphace

So Michelle Bachmann is now somebody we should listen to?

July 16, 2014 01:24 am at 1:24 am |
  11. justin

No one cares what this right wing nutjob thinks. Stop giving her media attention.

July 16, 2014 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  12. mad mike

smartest thing she's ever said

July 16, 2014 01:36 am at 1:36 am |
  13. Epidi

It almost appears that the GOP thinks it needs a woman to beat Hillary. As a female voting American, I find this rather amusing in assuming that all women will vote in a woman president regardless of wether she is the best person for the job or not. Of course there will be those type of cast votes – but do they think all women are so shallow minded – really? lol

July 16, 2014 01:48 am at 1:48 am |
  14. Thom

Michelle....If I were your Shrink, I would be concerned too.

July 16, 2014 02:03 am at 2:03 am |
  15. Douglas

anything Bachmann says..... well then you can pretty much count on the opposite being correct – LOL.

i honestly question if she has a triple digit IQ. (likely only in the 80's or 90's).

Bachmann has continuously refused any IQ test and is noticeably flustered when the prospect of an IQ test is brought up during interviews. (if you doubt this, then Google: Michele Bachmann IQ)

July 16, 2014 03:53 am at 3:53 am |
  16. a concerned citizen

Run lady run, please, you know the last Republican primary races were like a sitcom, can't wait.

July 16, 2014 06:55 am at 6:55 am |
  17. Tampa Tim

If Bachmann were Hillary, there would be a lot of democrats fleeing the party.

July 16, 2014 07:38 am at 7:38 am |
  18. Larry Mondello

Thanks for the input. I'm sure Hillary really cares what you think!

July 16, 2014 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  19. Rudy NYC

If I were Michelle Bachmann, I'd be worried about the campaign finance investigations she's undergoing.

July 16, 2014 08:20 am at 8:20 am |
  20. Luc

Please Bachmann doesn't even know what year it is.

July 16, 2014 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  21. Lynda/Minnesota

Oh hey, Michele Bachmann. Just wanted to drop in and say how cool it is NOT to see your re-election signs plastered from one corner to the next polluting the scenery on my way "up north" each weekend.

July 16, 2014 08:46 am at 8:46 am |
  22. Rudy NYC

The only thing that I'm going to miss about Bachmann will be that rebuttal speech she gave to the fly on the wall.

July 16, 2014 08:47 am at 8:47 am |