Toddler causes security breach at White House, delays Obama address on Iraq
August 8th, 2014
5 months ago

Toddler causes security breach at White House, delays Obama address on Iraq

(CNN) – President Barack Obama was about to address the nation on Iraq Thursday night when the briefing was delayed because of a security breach on the North Lawn of the White House.

But this wasn't your normal breach, this was one of a pint-sized variety.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama • White House
  1. Rudy NYC

These militant ISIS, or ISOL, forces represent an unprecedented threat to peace in throughout the region, and the world. I hate to see the U.S. getting involved in sectarian war, but that war is just the preamble. The militants have a stated goal of creating a caliphate spanning the entire globe, and they're brutal enough to try anything to achieve that goal.

I think the tipping point for direct U.S. military action will most likely come at Irbil in Iraq.

August 8, 2014 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

"We were going to wait until he learned to talk to question him
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Nice tongue-in-cheek response to this cute non-story.

August 8, 2014 08:44 am at 8:44 am |
  3. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Cute.

August 8, 2014 08:48 am at 8:48 am |
  4. rick

Well. A dirty diaper IS A EMERGENCY as any parent will tell you! I can see it now. Secret service yelling ?HUGGIES ALERT.. HUGGIES ALERT? While the kid was running circles around them.! This one will be a chuckle moment for a long while! On both sides of the desk..! And a bit of humor is what is needed sometimes..

August 8, 2014 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Good morning Wake Up!, Rudy, Lynda and the rest of the gang!
    Hope you're hungry this morning.
    I think we will be fed plenty of Red Meat today with the new developments last night abroad.
    I'll be "munching" in and out.

August 8, 2014 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  6. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Dominican mama 4 Obama says:
    August 8, 2014 08:59 am at 8:59 am
    Good morning Wake Up!, Rudy, Lynda and the rest of the gang!
    Hope you’re hungry this morning.
    I’ll be “munching” in and out.

Good morning to you too! Yesterday was wild on the Ticker. Unfortunately for me it was month end and I had my Kizzy cap on. I was swamped so I wasn't able to really post anything. But I always look forward to red meat Fridays, and as you very well know, Fox-lite never disappoints.

August 8, 2014 09:08 am at 9:08 am |
  7. Rudy NYC

Dominican mama 4 Obama

Good morning Wake Up!, Rudy, Lynda and the rest of the gang!
    Hope you're hungry this morning.
    -----------------------------
    Top of the morning to you, ma'am. Wake-up, Lynda, and the rest of the gang, tom, smith, Fair, and the other morphin' sour mongers.

But, I had plenty of red meat in the roast beef hero. It became two lunches.

August 8, 2014 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  8. Sniffit

I guess RWNJs start young...

August 8, 2014 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  9. smith

Obama did the right thing last night with regards to aid and airstikes in Iraq. Obama also gave one of the best speeches I`ve ever seen from him. He showed true leadership, hope he stays on this path.

August 8, 2014 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  10. Really??

WOW! a toddler? first time something happened in the White House in almost 6 years.

August 8, 2014 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  11. captains courageous

Surprised they didn't shoot him, this is news huh?

August 8, 2014 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  12. captains courageous

Surprised they didn't shoot him, this is news huh? Did they check his emails, to see if he's a terrorist? Don't laugh, you never know.

August 8, 2014 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  13. Really??

Looks like they let one of Obama's advisers out of his play pen. Wet's bomb Iwack, he he he he.

August 8, 2014 09:58 am at 9:58 am |
  14. WiltonManors

August 8, 2014 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  15. Tommy G

Depending upon the contents of that diaper this could be considered the first biological attack on the White House. Some have been known to clear entire houses once released.

August 8, 2014 10:19 am at 10:19 am |
  16. Lynda/Minnesota

@ Dominican mama (et. al.)

Sunshine abounds on this Friday morning ... yes?

August 8, 2014 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  17. Sniffit

"Obama can't keep children from illegally crossing the border. No surprise children violate borders in the WH too."

Haha...setting aside your RWNJiness, that still gave me a chuckle. But hey, at least it highlights just how realistic and effective all the xenophobic "build a fence!!!!" crap from the rednecks really is though.

August 8, 2014 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  18. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Tommy G says:
    August 8, 2014 10:19 am at 10:19 am

Ok I have to give it to Tommy G., that was a good one. ☺️☺️ And oh so very true.

August 8, 2014 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  19. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Lynda/Minnesota

@ Dominican mama (et. al.)

Sunshine abounds on this Friday morning ... yes?
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Lol!
    As does sarcasm my friend...si!
    @ Wake Up!
    "Unortunately for me it was month end and I had my Kizzy cap on."
    Girl, you owe me a latte grande and a keyboard!!!! Too funny!

August 8, 2014 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  20. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

This kind of reminds me of a story about one of my nephews. I'll be as brief as possible. It was like 20 years ago, my brother's oldest son was about 3 and oh so cute and precocious. It was a hot summer evening and a bunch of us had gotten together to have a BBQ. My brother, sister and I all lived on the same block back then. Anyhoo we had a neighborhood girl keeping an eye on the children while we were on the grill. All of a sudden we heard a loud crash. All of the guys went running to see what the noise was and there on the side of one of the car was my 3 year old nephew who had just found a beer bottle and had dropped it on the sidewalk. I remember one of the guys saying, "here we are all running like we're ready to do something and the culprit is barely 2' tall." That's one of my fondest memories of my nephew. RIP My Love.

August 8, 2014 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  21. Sniffit

"Surprised they didn't shoot him"

Not necessary. just send him home to Louisiana and there's a good chance he'll have an "accident" finding his responsible-gun-owner-parents' favorite firearm lying around loaded.

August 8, 2014 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  22. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Dominican mama 4 Obama says:
    August 8, 2014 10:42 am at 10:42 am
    Lynda/Minnesota

@ Dominican mama (et. al.)

Sunshine abounds on this Friday morning … yes?
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————
    Lol!
    As does sarcasm my friend…si!
    @ Wake Up!
    “Unortunately for me it was month end and I had my Kizzy cap on.”
    Girl, you owe me a latte grande and a keyboard!!!! Too funny!

Sorry DM. That's a running joke between my sister and I!!☺️☺️☺️

August 8, 2014 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  23. Anonymous

The test was successful. I am sure it will not be long now before AQ/ISIS recruits an army of two year olds, tapes C4 to their diapers and sets them loose around the White House. Time to tighten up those fences guys. These animals will do anything.

August 8, 2014 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  24. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Wake Up!
    Childhood memories of our children and extended family members, especially those that are no longer with us, are precious indeed.
    Remember, relive, and rejoice my friend.

August 8, 2014 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  25. rick

In all real context. It is funny! Havnt seen any footage of it. But bet it was funny watching all those people guarding the white house chasing after a toddler. Kids can run rings around most adults. And the look on the profesionals faces trying to catch a kid..! Wonder if he will be invited to the easter egg hunt next year?? He already knows a few fast turns..!! This one is a laugh that will be told by the family for years. And wonder if the odd jobs in secret service will now be called ?diaper duty??

August 8, 2014 11:27 am at 11:27 am |