Christie dances in the Hamptons
August 18th, 2014
3 months ago

Christie dances in the Hamptons

(CNN) – He's back on the dance floor.

Two months after Gov. Chris Christie showed off his moves on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon, the New Jersey Republican was swinging his hips again this weekend, this time in the Hamptons with a roomful of celebrities.

The New York Post has video of Christie busting a move on stage with Jamie Foxx at a benefit for the Apollo Theater.

Also in the crowd: Barbra Streisand, James Brolin, Paul McCartney, Jack Nicholson, Anjelica Huston and Robert DeNiro, according to the Post.

Christie, a potential presidential contender, was a guest of rocker Jon Bon Jovi, who also recruited the governor to help him complete the Ice Bucket Challenge this weekend.

Christie wasn't the only Republican strutting his stuff Saturday. Sen. John McCain also hopped on stage with Foxx to perform the robot dance, the Post reported.

"I saw Chris Christie and he was jamming," Foxx said, according to the Wall Street Journal. "I looked down at McCain and he was like, 'I can do this.' It's the ones you don't expect. It's the Republicans. Republicans love to dance in the Hamptons."

In June, after his dance-off with Fallon, Christie predicted his moves would be in high demand.

"I got a feeling that these dances now will be frequently requested no matter where I am - the next wedding, the next bar mitzvah," Christie said on a radio program.

Christie said his son told him: "See Dad? See how many hits you can get if you're willing to humiliate yourself on national television for five minutes."

Rand Paul hits the Hamptons

Filed under: 2016 • Chris Christie
  1. Jeff Brown in Jersey

Stay There!

August 18, 2014 08:33 am at 8:33 am |
  2. Rudy NYC

-------------------------
    Due to some his war injuries, that's probably the best up tempo dance move he can do. I say go for it. senator.

August 18, 2014 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  3. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

I thought he had weight loss surgery....😗😗

August 18, 2014 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  4. Gurgyl

--this type of dance sunk USA in neck-deep fiscal trouble with unwanted wars, trickle-downs, job shipping. Watch ou, USA.

August 18, 2014 09:08 am at 9:08 am |
  5. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-----------------------------------------------------
    I'm digging Christies' son's honesty.
    Beyond that, a good time was had by all and that's always cool.
    Cut up and let whatever hair you've got left loose!
    It does the body good.

August 18, 2014 09:13 am at 9:13 am |
  6. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Foxx's got that "I'm dancing with a White guy that's got no rhythm" look about him!
    We've all seen that look on the dance floor!!!!

August 18, 2014 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  7. Rudy NYC

Dominican mama 4 Obama

We've all seen that look on the dance floor!!!!
    -------------------------
    Is that what that is? Foxx looked more like he was "_____". Nope, no earthquake jokes.

August 18, 2014 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  8. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Shoot looking at him would throw me off beat. I'm acting like I went to school with ole Chrissy AL.

August 18, 2014 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  9. salty dog

Uh, let's see his dance on the next bridge investigation, more of your tax dollars, they love me, for crying out loud, he's a crook!

August 18, 2014 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  10. salty dog

Warning, set on dance floor and quickly move away!

August 18, 2014 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  11. Al-NY,NY

---

I was wondering about that. we usually don't get earthquakes here but this explains it

August 18, 2014 10:01 am at 10:01 am |
  12. salty dog

I can only imagine what people were saying under their breath . Again, just another couple clowns in the clown car brigade.

August 18, 2014 10:03 am at 10:03 am |
  13. salty dog

Yup, can't control my urge to stuff mass amounts of food down my throat, love to publicly belittle any who disagrees with me, the perfect candidate, SMH.

August 18, 2014 10:05 am at 10:05 am |
  14. Gary

No news here, these guys have been dancing around the facts for over 5 years.

August 18, 2014 10:22 am at 10:22 am |
  15. Fair is Fair

Good for him. I wonder if he made the band skip....

August 18, 2014 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  16. Lizzie

Must have been a slow weekend, all those personal attacks.

August 18, 2014 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  17. Wake Up People! Many Rivers to cross.....

Sixth attempt..

Christy reminds me of my high school boyfriends best friend in this clip. Nice fun guy with no rhythm at all. And he loved to dance, most of the time with me. But I would have to turn away from him because if I didn't I'd be thrown completely off beat for the rest of the song. ☺️☺️☺️

August 18, 2014 10:34 am at 10:34 am |
  18. What A Dance

Now if that doesn't beat all and give new meaning to the acronym RINO.

August 18, 2014 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  19. dsangiovanni

Is he closing or crossing any bridges ?

August 18, 2014 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  20. ritmocojo

And the dance registered at 5.8 on the Richter in some places.

August 18, 2014 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  21. Tampa Tim

Krispy's new dance name, "Busta Stage."

August 18, 2014 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  22. David

I think Christie is channeling Ralph Kramden. And awwaayy we go!

August 18, 2014 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  23. Bill from GA

My Congressman, (Good Ol) Hank Johnson, is famous for a tongue-in-cheek comment regarding our military in Guam: "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize"

I hope he doesn't see this article on the Hamptons and Christie.

August 18, 2014 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  24. Rudy NYC

Tampa Tim

Krispy's new dance name, "Busta Stage."
    -------------------------–
    LOL. You made my stomach ache.

August 18, 2014 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  25. Rogue351

Jamie Fox should be ashamed especially having his picture taken with McShame.

August 18, 2014 11:05 am at 11:05 am |