DNC chairwoman: Walker 'has given women the back of his hand'
September 3rd, 2014

DNC chairwoman: Walker 'has given women the back of his hand'

(CNN) - The chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee used domestic violence analogies while attacking Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin on Wednesday.

At an event on women's issues in Milwaukee, Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz blasted Walker for his policies, saying he "has given women the back of his hand."

FULL STORY

1. Bill from GA

Tom l – " So is Rudy a misogynist too? He categorizes women as "cuties" and "beauties" so he basically puts women in categories based solely on their looks. "

Hey, Tom L, it's alright for Rudy cause he also likes to tell us all how good HE looks. You can't call him a hypocrite on THAT issue.

September 4, 2014 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  2. Fair is Fair

Bill from GA

-------–
    LMAO... yeah! He tells us he's so good looking that he has to beat back both women AND men wit a stick! It's gotta be tough being him...

September 4, 2014 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  3. Democrat Junk

This political "hag" needs to go back into hibernation. She is to the "WoW" what Al Sharpton is to racism...... a hack.

September 4, 2014 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  4. smith

@Tom P-Your pretty funny, I haven`t even made a comment about this post yet and your already claiming Im going to the right.

September 4, 2014 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  5. Silence DoGood

@Democrat Junk
    -------------
    I always take it as a positive sign for Progressives that Conservatives blurt out hate instead of attempting factual analysis and opinion. Scared animals before the approaching lightning storm. The only downside is that TP encouraged violence will spawn new domestic terrorism if things don't go their way.

September 4, 2014 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  6. The Real Tom Paine

@ tom l,

I have told plenty of people to tone it down, or knock it off, and its not been limited to the Right. Unfortunately, those efforts don't always make it into the Ticker. There is also no point to entering a screaming match that serves no purpose and gains nothing for me. I've learned to pick my battles in here: you, of all people, knows how tiring it is to deal with the nonstop stream of poorly-written and ill-thought out comments in here. I have no problem with anyone's views, provided they don't lurch into abuse. There is no reasoning with a person on a cyber soapbox.

September 4, 2014 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  7. The Real Tom Paine

@ smith. Prior behavior indicates where you will probably go. Prove me wrong, then. I would welcome it.

September 4, 2014 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  8. Rudy NYC

smith

@Tom l-Since you slammed the lefty in the article now you have slam the righty twice as hard or they will call you a rwnj, tarnishing you halo of independence, or an extremist. lol.
    ------------------------
    Is this your idea of "slammed the lefty"?

"I can't believe that she didn't mention that Scott Walker also kicks puppies and steals candy from babies too. She must have toned it down a bit for this speech."

He didn't address a single issue. His post is character assassination, through and through. Those types of posts are what demagogues put out.

September 4, 2014 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  9. Gunderson

Whazzat?,
    Walker promised buggos of jobs but they didn't exactly materalize? Well when talking about promises, the Whiz Kid in the White House promised so many things he was voted the Liar of the Year. Well hell, who's counting anyway. In November things will count. Hope you have a good retirement plan. Just read a report the people are hoarding huge sums of cash. Now what do you suppose that is all about? Live dangerous, vote democrat !!

September 4, 2014 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  10. smith

@Rudy- An old widow defending herself with a gun from an intruder is a political topic because the gun control radicals claim that never happends. Certainly a more interesting political topic than mudslinging from a couple politicians.

September 4, 2014 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  11. tom l

Rudy NYC

smith

--------
    Is this your idea of "slammed the lefty"?

=====

I will assassinate this woman's character (or lack thereof) every day of the week. She embodies everything wrong with politics today. As does someone like a Reince Preibus (that one was for you, Big Real TP!! πŸ™‚ )

September 4, 2014 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  12. Rudy NYC

smith

--------------------------------
    Nope. it's a story for the "Police and Courts Roundup" page in the local newspaper. it's only a political issue to most right wing extremists and gun huggers. If you believe that people say that home invasions never occur, then you're deluding yourself. The fact that you have twice ignored the topic of the kid being tasered to death by police has been noted.

September 4, 2014 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  13. Sniffit

"dems make no bones about their desire for more govt involvement. "

And you make no bones about having ZERO alternative suggestions. 'Do nothing and let the free market work it out" is what we've been doing in ever so many areas AND IT HASN'T PRODUCED THE NECESSARY RESULTS. Unless you have something other than the "do nothing" ideology to propose, you really aren't contributing anything to the discussion.

September 4, 2014 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  14. Fair is Fair

September 4, 2014 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  15. Sniffit

"There is no reasoning with a person on a cyber soapbox."

Indeed. Shoot me for trying I suppose. Try to push facts into the fact vacuum that is an intertubez comment board though and you're pretty much just waving a hotdog in a hallway...or something something useless MSM and its deliberate attempts to keep the public ignorant so nontroversy can be sensationalized more effectively. It's honestly much more fun when I simply wax sarcastic and snarky and make fun of everything haha

September 4, 2014 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  16. Rudy NYC

=====

------------------------------
    This may come as a shock to you but I do not approve of her choice of words. I think stooping down to the level of right wing hate and fear mongering is the wrong thing to do. She should stick to actual issues that matter to people.

September 4, 2014 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  17. Tom l

Sniffit says:
    September 4, 2014 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm
    β€œdems make no bones about their desire for more govt involvement. ”

And you make no bones about having ZERO alternative suggestions. β€˜Do nothing and let the free market work it out” is what we’ve been doing in ever so many areas AND IT HASN’T PRODUCED THE NECESSARY RESULTS. Unless you have something other than the β€œdo nothing” ideology to propose, you really aren’t contributing anything to the discussion.
    ---

Free market capitalism works a heckuva lot better than getting govt involved with more regulations and more corporate welfare. So, yes, govt is too big, and too motivated by money and outside influences, to work effectively. And I absolutely have given other ideas like a flat tax to get alleviate lobbyists. You just don't like my answer so you seem it as "no solution". Not enough govt for you. And you don't have to yell, I can hear just fine πŸ˜‰

September 4, 2014 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  18. Sniffit

"On a side note, this woman clearly needs to be more careful around electric appliances."

Haha...see...that's more like it....can be funny and critical without being misogynist. Looks like she just stepped out of the theater after a Paranormal Activity marathon...

September 4, 2014 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  19. Rudy NYC

-------------------------------–
    How does a flat tax "alleviate lobbyists"? I guess you mean reducing the impact of lobbyists. Before you answer, I should point out that lobbyists do more than push for lower tax rates. There are lobbyists out there pushing for any and every thing. Okay, I'm ready. I'm listening. How does a flat tax "alleviate lobbyists"?

September 4, 2014 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  20. salty dog

Fair, yea, I was thinking the same, she looks rather bride of Frankensteinish, all she needs is Michele Bachmans eyes, and I'd run like he11.

September 4, 2014 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  21. Fair is Fair

Sniffit

---------
    Not bad, not bad... Looks like Moe Howard after the suit of armor talked to him...

September 4, 2014 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  22. Tom l

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    ---–

She's not stooping down at all. She's right she, and most politicians, are. She is not unique. She is typical. I'm sure you found it ok when Obama said we should reward friends and punish enemies referring to repubs as enemies. It's no different. Just like Bush with "either you're with us or you're with the terrorists" – another one for you Real TP!! Same garbage.

September 4, 2014 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  23. The Real Tom Paine

Sniffit, you're not in my crosshairs: you can write and express yourself, and I will always respect that. My argument is with the word salads from both sides of the aisle that are canned recitations. You and Tom L can beat each other's brains out, but please do it with style. The hateful garbage I leave to those who can't even put together a coherent grunt.

September 4, 2014 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  24. smith

@Rudy-Wow, try reading my comments. Someone lawfully defending themselves with a firearm is the topic of denial from radical gun control groups not home invasions. Another lame attempt to twist somebodys statement. As far as this taser incident I never attacked that comment unlike what you did by attacking my comment about a widow defending herself.

September 4, 2014 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  25. J Anthony

Anyone who's been paying attention knows that Walker is crooked. Like all the Republican-run states, he has only made life more difficult for the working classes and minorities, doing the bidding of his wealthy backers before anything. A true plutocratic puppet.

September 4, 2014 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |