June 3rd, 2007

Who won the debate?

Who do you think won the debate? Click on the "Add a Comments" link and give us your response.

Filed under: New Hampshire
  1. Jordan Buren, Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Clinton Won Hands Down! I would love to see a Clinton-Obama or a Clinton-Richardson ticket but i wouldn't have anybody but Clinton as the President. but i sure do wish Tom Daschle would run.

June 3, 2007 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  2. Jennifer, Houston, TX

Edwards won.

June 3, 2007 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  3. Jacob Holt, Knoxville, TN

I think Obama was the best in the first half and Edwards did the best in the second half. I think Richardson put in a solid performance and did a good job talking about the job experiance he has that would make him a good President. I think the others did okay, Hillary probably hurt herself the most because she is s top contender and more is expected from her. Also, I think her unwillingness to admit mistakes, especially when compared to Edwards, could cause her problems. The overall winner I would have to say is Obama, even though I would like to say Edwards since I support him.

June 3, 2007 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  4. Cory-Jeanne Houck-Cox, Alexandria, VA

I feel that considering the amount of time that candidates were or were not given, Governor Bill Richardson did the best.

June 3, 2007 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  5. Carl, Brooklyn, NY

Obama won this one. He did even better than the previous one. That's because he is direct.

June 3, 2007 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  6. Michael Zack Chicago IL

Mrs. Clinton ! She showed her knlowdge on all issues. Mr. Obama did better then he had in the past, but not up to Mrs. Clinton standards

June 3, 2007 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  7. Gray, Monterey, CA

Dennis Kucinich

June 3, 2007 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  8. Ariane, Brazil

Korey Kaczynski, I'm curious. Do you approve the war in Iraq? I'm only asking because you pointed out that Kucinich and Gravel made a good impression on you and as a foreigner looking in, they impressed me as well, but they were basically attacking the top 3 candidates, especially the ones who are currently in the Senate because they don't have anything to lose. So if you are a conservative and "don't want either in the White House", how do you think voting Republican is going to help?

June 3, 2007 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  9. Greg, Cambridge, MA

Obama and Richardson, in that order.

June 3, 2007 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  10. Randy Nicholas, RockHill SC

kucinich, he seems to be the most trustworthy besides Gravel, who seems like he is to seasoned to put up with the bull. Also both of them should have had more time. Wolf could have asked the second tier candidates more questions first.

June 3, 2007 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  11. Amanda, Atlanta, GA

Of the three front-runners, I felt Obama had the best responses. Overall though, I was very impressed by Richardson's honesty.

June 3, 2007 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  12. JC Collier, Fayetteville, AR

Don't care what you think of Clinton, by far she is THE MOST informed and gave the most thoughtful answers. Would make a strong President. Edwards was a strong second it's tough, but definitely second. Obama kept giving ok sound bites but was basically an empty suit in the long run. The other candidates raised Obama to heights he could not rise to himself, couldn't believe the other candidates would give him such press – he isn't that much of a threat, I hope.

June 3, 2007 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  13. Barry Gates, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Obama

June 3, 2007 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  14. Richard Apple, Sarasota FL USA

This was the first time that I have seen the second tier candidates come front and center, and it shows that there is as much experience, skill, and talent among the second tier as the first. I did not like Joe Biden since his first presidential run many years ago because I thought he a long-winded smart alec, but I must admit that tonight he was by far the most presidential and reassuring. Maybe he has matured in a good way. politically speaking. I will have to reconsider him. I also thought John Edwards went a long way toward shaking the "phoney" label tonight, especially when he came front and center and candidly admitted he made a mistake on Iraq. Hillary seemed lost in the pack, even though Wolf kept trying to save her by calling on her more than anyone else. Bottom line is I think Biden won, and I think he needs to stress his experience and knowledge.

June 3, 2007 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  15. Lee House, York Pa

MOST definetly HILLARY!!
    She is the best prepared for the job!

June 3, 2007 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  16. Mary, Amherst, NY

Richardson is outstanding. He gets my vote. But CNN did not give him the coverage he should have had. I am tired of always hearing from the big Three – though they are good. Richardson has the most practical, thoughtful ideas and he has DONE IT!
    If he doesn't get the nod, whoever does would be very smart to ask him to be VP.

June 3, 2007 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  17. Betty, North Carolina

John Edwards won this debate.

June 3, 2007 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  18. Jacob, Toledo, Ohio

Dennis Kucinich is the only one on that stage that answers the questions honestly and is actually in tune with what Americans want. Well those Americans that care about the country and don't buy into the "American Idol" part of the election.

Most Americans want an end to the war, job growth and job safety including jobs staying in America and not being outsourced to Mexico or China, health care for all Americans, education for all, and a more environmentally healthy world. These are the issues that Kucinich has talked about repeatedly through these debates.

That's why he won this debate, hands down!

June 3, 2007 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  19. Terry Hollywood Florida

Hillary Clinton all the way!

June 3, 2007 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  20. Rachel, Lake Oswego, Oregon

Definitely a close call between Obama and Clinton. They both came off as very strong and knowledgeable, and Clinton won points in my eyes. Obama has already won my respect however and it remains that way after tonight as well.

June 3, 2007 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  21. Judi, Columbus, OH

Hillary, In my opinion the other candidates looked to her for leadership in the debate. We all saw toinght that will be our next President.

June 3, 2007 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  22. Lane Kelemen

Edwards was poised and convincing. He did what Toobin and Blitzer later said politicians never do, he admitted a mistake. He did so eloquently and forthrightly. He didn't seem mistaken on much tonight. He did seem very friendly with Obama. A real mutual admiration society.

June 3, 2007 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  23. Anonymous

Hilary

June 3, 2007 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  24. Aaron Bear, DE

Joe Biden was the strongest and most realistic candidate in tonight's debate! He get right to the point and was very direct and clear on his answers. It was refreshing to see that in a debate! John Edwards to me seems too polished and into himself. Hillary was a force to be reckened with and showed some great leadership and control. Obama didn't grab as much tonight as in the last debate. He seemed to stumble on his words and his answers were powerful like usual. Joe Biden seemed the most presidential in this debate tonight and that was a great surprise!! Hillary comes in a close second.

June 3, 2007 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  25. M. Rogers, Rogers City, Mich.

The Republicans. The Dems showed their true red colors:bigger gov. will solve all the worlds problems.

June 3, 2007 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |