June 3rd, 2007

Who won the debate?

Who do you think won the debate? Click on the "Add a Comments" link and give us your response.

Filed under: New Hampshire
  1. Michael, Baltimore, MD

I believe that Kucinich won the debate, simply because he was honest and practical in his answers. It is too bad that he isn't taken more seriously as a candidate for the presidency. Albeit, if I had to vote tomorrow, I'd cast my ballot for him.

June 3, 2007 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  2. Gudrun Scott , Abndeover, NY 14806

Dennis Kucinich is the one who said we could end the war now if we all really wanted to and he is right.

Dennis is the only one who had the guts to say he would NOT order a strike onto Osama Bin laden and instead he would arrest and try him in a legal court- much better method and avoid backlash from terrorists let alone killing again innocent civilians who might be more likely killed and who knows if Osama is even there- all the other candidates said they would order a killing with 15 minutes of notice- all kinds of things could be wrong with doing such a fast acting decision- these folks are watching too much "24" !! I go with reality and that is a peaceful world -peace is more prosperous as well as slowing glboal pollution and warming from burning oil fires. Be sensible, Go for peace!

June 3, 2007 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  3. Craig, Dallas, Tx

Kucinich had the best answers (in my far left opinion), but due to the limited amount of time did not get a chance to truly "win" the debate. I also that Bill Richardson presented himself really well and definitely has a penchant for getting a clear answer out in a minimal amount of time.

Out of the three candidates that CNN likes, I thought Edwards did a little better, but all were pretty close to me. I think Edwards being on the offensive was a positive, as Hilary wants all voters to believe the candidates are the same when the are not.

June 3, 2007 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  4. Stephan -- Sarasota, Florida

Joe Biden won, hands down.

June 3, 2007 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  5. Billy Bob

Edwards won, definitely

June 3, 2007 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  6. Daniel Marino, Methuen MA

Edwards was clear, concise and Presidential

June 3, 2007 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  7. donna, San Diego, CA

Barack Obama won the debate, the only candidate with foresight, pure intellect and works at consensus with class and dignity!!!

June 3, 2007 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  8. Andria, Streetsboro, Oh

Clinton, she was quick on her feet to provide straight forward answers. She did not stutter nor hesitate she knew her response and anticipated your next question. This proves that she is experienced and knows what she is talking about. She speaks eloquently and yet elegant with sincerity.

June 3, 2007 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  9. Dakota, Lake Stevens, WA

Is this the best the Democrats or the Republicans can come up with for presidential candidates?

Good grief...!!

Surely there must be someone who is reasonably intelligent; who is capable of developing goals; who has budgeting experience; who has leadership and management skills.

Maybe someone from the private sector?

We need a leader!

Lee Iacocca is spot-on right when he states, "Where have all the Leaders Gone?"

June 3, 2007 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  10. Janet Wise, Alpharetta, GA

An unfair question because all candidates were not given equal time and opportunity to express their views.

Bill Richardson was strong when allowed to speak. His response on immigration, Darfur (China), 'deauthorizing the war in Iraq and getting out of Iraq, and diplomacy,diplomacy, diplomacy.

Dennis Kucinich continually shows his integrity, and high level of understanding of issues.

John Edwards was aggressive in an honest manner, that I thought served him well.

I give Wolf Blitzer bottom score. His attempt to capture 'gotcha' soundbites with his hypothetical ultimatum questions was thumbs down.

June 3, 2007 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  11. Dr. Brennan Purtzer, Kaunakakai, HI

Dennis Kucinich, as in the previous debate, separated himself as a man with more innovative ideas in addressing real problems other candidates won't touch.

June 3, 2007 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  12. MIKE BEASON

CLINTON WON TONIGHTS DEBATE, DECISIVE, CONCISE, AND HER ANSWERS WERE TO THE PEOPLE CONCERNED ABOUT MY COUNTRY AND WHERE BUSH HAS FAILED ME/YOU OVER THE PAST 61/2 YEARS. SHE WAS ALSO RIGHT ABOUT QUESTIONS THAT WERE HYPOTHETICAL. NO ANSWER OR DECISION BY ME, YOU, OR A POTENTIAL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE CAN BE GIVEN BASE ON HYPOTHESIS. CNN WAS WRONG TO ASK THESE TYPES QUESTIONS.

June 3, 2007 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  13. Steve Berg, Sausalito, CA

Hillary, Obama and Biden came in in that order. I believe we will see a Clinton/Obama ticket. And the Repuplicans better run for the hills.

June 3, 2007 10:30 pm at 10:30 pm |
  14. Douglas, Bennettsville South Carolina

Joe Biden distinguished himself as the best candidate tonight. He passionately voiced his concerns over Iraq and the genocide in Darfur and his pursuit of ending them both.

June 3, 2007 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  15. Gene Mellott, Fayetteville, NC

Won? Well if we go by the amount of time allowed each candidate...Clinton, Obama, Edwards and Biden. If you go by what they had to say -1. Kucinich (except he really blew the Bin Laden question)2. Obama (articulate, quick and well spoken)3. Edwards (a little too plastic, but getting there) 4. Clinton (center stage CNN) 5. Gravel (could be so much better received if he could get his arms around his enthusiasm). 6. Richardson – quit preaching his success stories – to self serving. 7. Biden – no comment. Dodd...dud

June 3, 2007 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  16. La Rae, Sacramento, CA

I think Hillary did very well, and Obama held his own, too. But I think Edwards showed real guts. He's also very likeable. I am surprised that he doesn't have more support. I see his strong appeal, and I am a black woman...

June 3, 2007 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  17. Kurt, Norman, OK

Obama, Edwards, Biden, and Dodd seemed to do a very good job tonight. I was disappointed that Obama and Clinton got almost twice as much time as Biden or Dodd.

June 3, 2007 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  18. Randy, Houston Tx

Hillary is a corporate whore and Obama belongs to Israel, not America.

June 3, 2007 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  19. Guillermo I. Castillo-Feliu, 1041 Pinecrest Drive, Rock Hill, SC 29732

It is too early to make a definitive judgment but, to my mind, Clinton, Edwards, Biden, and Dodd seemed to stand out somewhat. Richardson is certainly presidential material as well. Obama seemed somewhat less definitive than I would have liked. All of the above could receive my support.

June 3, 2007 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  20. Curt Sigler westminster, COLORADO

John Edwards did the best and improved himself overall in ratings I think.

Kucinitch I think won the debate n my opinion and views, I am a Independent Conservative Constitutionalist. I support the Constitution and Liberty, Kucinitch is the closest to my views.

Obama I think failed miserably. He had to at least maintain his front 2-3 status and in my opinion heshould be about 5-6 now.

CNN and America I LOVED the format and I think America got a good debatecompared o the ones jheld so far, and I can not wait until tuesday to see Dr. Ron Paul in this format.

Yes I am a Ron Paul supporter,an the only person who could get my vote over him is Jesus himself.

Believe it or not I am objective about this, I do not like Bush or Clinton administrations and blame all 3 for the position America is in now, my only hope is that the American peple have awoken to our situation and that DieBold doesn't count the votes in 08.

Great job Wolf and CNN from an Independent Conservative...

June 3, 2007 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  21. Thomas, Manhattan NY

HRC stood above the rest again, her grasp of all the issues presented to her is always astounding, she really knows her stuff. HRC won.

Biden also came across very well, strong on several issues, a straight shooter.

Obama reminds me of cotton candy at a festival; as a kid cotton candy always looked really good and tempting, but each time I got some bit into it, I was always disappointed because there was a lot of fluff but almost no substance. Obama, to me, is a cotton candy candidate – looks good but no substance.

I want to see a Hillary (P)/Biden (VP) ticket. Good job Hillary.

June 3, 2007 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  22. Kim, Babbitt, MN

Joe Biden won

June 3, 2007 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  23. Dave--LA--CA

I support Edwards, but–Hilary won!!

June 3, 2007 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  24. Deborah Kiracofe

Edwards won the debate.

June 3, 2007 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  25. Elvis Caines

Senator Clinton showed courage, strength, leadership and knowledge.

June 3, 2007 10:38 pm at 10:38 pm |