September 6th, 2007

Bill Clinton steps up role

Watch CNN's Mary Snow take a look at how the former president is helping his wife.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Former President Bill Clinton is beginning to step up his role in his wife's presidential campaign, CNN's Mary Snow reports.

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. Carl, Dallas, Texas

So by the other guy from Dallas, it's ok that the country does well, even if the Commander-in-Chief cheats on his wife multiple times, in which she stays with him only because of her political dreams...

when are people going to realize that all of these candidates are horrible... i mean we aren't picking the best.. we are picking the best of the worst...

September 6, 2007 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  2. pl. at the UN for a while.

I am not American. I cannot vote.

President Clinton would not back a loser. Until now Ms Rodham Clinton has been well ahead of the pack, and she has done it alone.

I have been constantly asking for Ms Obama to join her husband on the trail. She has not. But now Ms Obama got herself Oprah as a stuntwoman. It won't do. I want to see the potential first lady, not a placebo.

September 6, 2007 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  3. Larry, West Covina, CA

The 90's were the best times in modern history; a growing economy, peace and well being! WE LOVE YOU PRESIDENT CLINTON!

CLINTON 2008!!!

September 6, 2007 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  4. Tony Pereda Newark, California

It's very surprising how many females within this commentary section politically criticize Hillary for being associated with her husband. Factualy speaking, the Clinton legacy has FAR surpassed any Bush legacy I have ever seen, as of yet. As such, people should pay attention to what Politicians do for our country...not their bedrooms. Therefore, Bill and Hillary have accomplished more for the middle class; than any of the last 4 Republican President's combined.

September 6, 2007 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  5. Jose Gonzales

Dear William Courtland, Waterford, Ontario:
    Here in Silicon Valley, multimillion salaries for corporate CEO's are rather the norm. Do you really believe these greedy bastards would take a job which pays ONLY $400,000/year?
    No need to despair, though. America did so well the last time the Clintons were in the White House, that I'm definitely looking forward to peace, international respect and a balanced budget once again.

September 6, 2007 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  6. AT, San Francisco, CA

I see lots of Hillary bashing here. You guys must be republicans or supporters of other candidates!

Look at the polls, you guys are the minorities!

Hillary rocks!

September 6, 2007 06:14 pm at 6:14 pm |
  7. Henry Tucker, GA

Let the Bill & Hill show begin. I hear Bill is up for an academy award for his acting on Larry King when asked about LArry Craig.

September 6, 2007 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  8. Joe, Florida

Yeah, it bites too see how popular both Clintons are, tooo bad!

Too bad for Georgy/Freddy lovers that is.

People will be calling Hillary Clinton Madam President soon enough.

September 6, 2007 06:51 pm at 6:51 pm |
  9. Lance in Monrovia, CA

I just noticed the Clinton campaign emailed me an invite to volunteer in order for a chance to compete to sit down for dinner and gain the ear of Hillary AND BILL. "AND BILL" was just added in big blue primary color. I have another version of the same email, from last week, that had only, "JOIN HILLARY " for dinner. Apparently they didn't get such a hot response without the "AND BILL."

I like Bill Clinton, a lot. but the "AND BILL" does speak volumes, doesn't it?

September 6, 2007 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  10. Russell NC

It is obvious that Hillary needs a prop.

September 6, 2007 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  11. bprossersme

Oh my, aren't they so cute?

September 6, 2007 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  12. Sandy Atl, Ga

WOW – Does Hillary look frumpy or what?

September 6, 2007 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  13. Tricia M Charlottetown PEI

Well aint' it too bad there isn't a Bill to PROP GEORGIE UP as he's sure one sorry Donkey's Patoot that needs
    the aid of a Great Presidential Figure and Class Act! The only Class he could relate to would be Laura's Kindergarten Group.

It is Hillarious that Republicans are criticizing the Clinton's after the mess their perceived GREAT ONE made of many Nations!

You all should be glad Hillary is in the race and will win. And that she has the experience, strength, fortitude and intelligence to put America back together again!

September 6, 2007 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |
  14. ellen p. brentwood, tn

What about standing on your own merits? I thought Hillary was all about woman power ?! Now she needs to add Bill to her campaign literature to "sell it?" Wha? She can't stand alone ? Ah politics !

September 6, 2007 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  15. Bea, Hoboken, NJ

So, let me get this straight, every other candidate can parade their spouses about and it's OK, but Hillary can't have the support of her husband???? What a bunch of hypocrites......

September 7, 2007 12:15 am at 12:15 am |
  16. Dan. TX

This is a PR problem. Looks like Bill is going to have a big role in the campaign, so that also means he'll have a big role in the presidency. That's a nice way to get around the constitutional limit of two terms....

September 7, 2007 12:34 am at 12:34 am |
  17. Mary, Concord, NH

During the first NH Democratic debate, HIllary was asked a question, stating she would pass that on to a more Senior Senator (Joe Biden) for answering.

September 7, 2007 01:35 am at 1:35 am |
  18. Alex Luthor, Madison, WI

If she actually wins the election, will she get an asterisk next to her name, like Barry Bonds?

I was a big supporter of her, during Bill's term, for working on the Universal Heath care system.

And then Hillary* caved to the Medical/Insurance lobbies.

September 7, 2007 03:45 am at 3:45 am |
  19. Anonymous

Why is it everytime I click on this video I get the one about Wolf Blitzer reporting on Oprah's support for Obama?

September 7, 2007 05:35 am at 5:35 am |
  20. Chris, Orlando, FL

I think it's interesting all these "pro-family values" people are upset about Clinton's husband is supporting her.

September 7, 2007 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  21. Kyu Reisch, Radcliff, Kentucky

I love to see Bill and Hillary together. Hillary is extraordinary woman in 21 Century. She is a wise mother, a good wife and a great leader.
    I want see them on TV everyday. Negative people, don't be jealous of them. They will work better than any other candidate's couple.

September 7, 2007 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |