September 25th, 2007

The Donald: Time for Bush to go into 'hiding'

Watch Trump sound off on politics with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Donald Trump has some advice for President Bush if he wants a Republican to win the White House: Hide.

The business mogul and vocal critic of the Bush administration told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Monday that he thinks the president is a "huge liability" for any Republican seeking the White House. Trump went on to say the best thing Bush can do for his party is to go into "hiding."

"I think President Bush has to go into a corner and hide if a Republican is going to get elected," he said. "There is no way he is an asset. He is a huge liability, and he is going to have to do a big, big hiding act if a Republican is going to win."

Once a Republican nominee is determined, Trump added, Bush "should just go into a corner and say 'Okay, that's it. I am finished. It's over.'"

Trump also reiterated his comments to CNN in March that Bush is "probably" the worst president in American history, saying, "We've gone from this tremendous power that was respected all over the world to somewhat of a laughing stock."

- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Full story

Filed under: Donald Trump • President Bush
  1. Sam, Pennsylvania

Donald Trump's insults on the president of the US is disgusting.

I think this fellow Trump needs to be refered to a mental institution.

This clown Donald Trump needs to understand that the landmarks destroyed on September 11th 2001 were not his personal property with "TRUMP" marked them. However the twin towers that collapsed belonged to every American including him and has hurt the American pride.

If our president took action against the attack on our soil that is the rightful DUTY and his constitutional obligation to the people of the United States of America.

Other than insulting those who do something to redress the problems facing the US, what has this fellow Trump done as far as contribution to the men in uniform, the military planners, and most of all the US president in his efforts.

This fellow needs to keep his mouth shut and learn from the doers.

September 24, 2007 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  2. Brendan, San Antonio, TX

Nicely taken, Donald.

I hope for your sake you don't try another one of your famous Bankruptcy Business Plans during Bush's term, or you're going to get a "visit."

September 24, 2007 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  3. Richard, Ewing, NJ

I think Donald Trump simply seeks attention after Rosie stops fighting with him. If not, Donald Trump is a confusing man. If he hates the Iraq invasion so much, then why did he donates money to the strongest supporter of Iraq invasion for presidential election: John McCain.

Maybe he does believe in Iraq invasion, and simply thinks Bush messed up the execution?!

September 24, 2007 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  4. Wayne Doering, Clarendon, TX

Donald Trump hit the nail on the head in saying that George W. Bush is the worst selected President this country has ever had in the White House period.

September 24, 2007 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  5. Mehrdokht, Houston, TX

The Donald for president. Joking!
    No, really, somebody has the gumption to tell it like it is, finally.
    How about Condi going to hide with her husband, George?

September 24, 2007 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |
  6. Brett, Castle Rock Colorado

Hey Donald... Can he hide under your flop of hair? I am not sure how many other things are hiding under there...

September 24, 2007 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |
  7. paige, Grand Rapids, Mi

AlQuida wasn't in Iraq prior to 9/11 and didn't seek aid from Iraq for this dirty deed. For those Republicans who still want to blame Iraq and link Iraq to 9/11, this has been disproved long ago. Therefore, why did we invade Iraq? Lies about a "imminent threat" which never existed, is why. So when republicans want to talk about Bush going after the enemy, talk to me about why Bin Laden is free and Al Quaida now has a fresh recruiting ground of angry Iraqi's, and a regrouping in Afghanistan. Tell me how this is taking care of the enemy who attacked on 9/11? You people are whacked and bushbrain washed. Meanwhile your coward president has slaughtered hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's who had no part of 9/11. We won't also mention the few million who are run out of their homes and are now refugees. Bush is a coward.

September 24, 2007 07:55 pm at 7:55 pm |
  8. John, Los Angeles, CA

I think the Don is right on all counts, and for all you losers who questions his opinion, and asks yourselves why Don's opinion matters more than yours, its because he's a billionaire and youre not. That makes the Don a billion times more powerful than you.

September 24, 2007 07:58 pm at 7:58 pm |
  9. tim, baltimore, md

Trump is also "this tremendous power that has become a laughing stock." Who's he kidding?

September 24, 2007 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  10. Leslie from Columbus, Ohio

Donald, Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! Those of us who are middle class America seem to have no voice. Too bad we have had to endure 8 years of waste!

September 24, 2007 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  11. Robert, Kansas City, Mo.

Mr.Trump is an Ace.
    I just hope that when Mr. Bush is no longer president, that we do not have to suffer with any attempts to "Reaganize" him into a kindly, wonderful hero of the country, that "Mount Rushmore candidate" type of thing. I hope that Mr.Bush will someday know how he has ruined the American way of life

September 24, 2007 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  12. David, Denver, CO

Wake up Donald/Democrats, Terrorists' got you where they want you.

September 24, 2007 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  13. Nick, Roswell Georgia

Either Donald has never studied American History or he is still just trying to get any publicity he can. And the only thing Donald could run for is the next spot on a horrible VH1 show.

September 24, 2007 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  14. Anonymous

Bush is an idiot and so is Trump. They should both hide together.

September 24, 2007 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  15. Juli Bridgers, Elgin, Illinois

Go The Donald! This country would be out of debt and in the black in no time if Trump were put in charge.

I wish the Dems had the balls to stand up and say what he did. We've got jellyfish on one side of the Congressional aisle and slippery eels on the other. Neither of which have any clue of what's right for America.

September 24, 2007 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  16. Tzarina Illinovich, Chicago, IL

Donald, Donald, Donald. I shall wish that you have said that zillions years ago, before W sends our troops to Iraq and spends billions of dollars. The funny thing is, Donald, everybody now says something about W as if there is a collective bravery.

Unfortunately, not much benefit from such denigrating comments after those over spendings, $ gets weaker and international trade balance is in favor of China and the US' reputation in international world is somewhat tarnished.

Back to voters! It's our call.

September 24, 2007 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  17. Kristy, Plano, TX

To the most valuable person in the news today. I'm so happy to hear that NOT ALL Hollywood/celebrities/and the lucky stinkin filthy rich are without a brain. Thank you so much for confirming that information – I was starting to think I was the only sane person in the world.

I am a former student of UTD in Richardson, Texas, and a charter member of the first female Greek organization on campus & have served on several committees on campus and in my 14 yrs of experience in real estate. I was President of my alum chaper for 3 years. I am currently unemployed for the 2nd time in the last year due to my health issues & the real estate market in Dallas, TX AND, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION (similar to Dan Rather's situation but unfortunately without his years of experience in speaking the truth). I am only looking "Up" for health benefits & am currently looking for a position with growth & lots of opportunities in advertising, or even so bold to say journalism???? I look forward and hope for the opportunity to meeting you someday. Thanks in advance for your consideraton.

September 24, 2007 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  18. Jerry, Ansted, Wv

All he did was stat a fact that the whole word knows, we have an idiot in the White House and his tenure cannot end soon enough. The damage the Bush Regime has done to the US will take years to repair if it can be. The most sad thing about all of it is, he got relected over tax rebates, nobody will admit it but the majority voted for him to get $300 bucks, sad.

September 24, 2007 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  19. Cameron, Newark, Ohio

A worldwide power turned into a laughing stock? Is Trump speaking of himself?

September 24, 2007 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  20. howiehedd, NYC (off the coast of NY state, USA)

I really want to hate this guy, but virtually every time he opens his mouth what comes out is far more rational than the Bush/Pataki Republican failure machine drivel.

September 24, 2007 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  21. Larry, Fairfax, VA

The Esteemed Republican Rebuttal:
    1) Donald who?
    2) Nice hair dude.
    3) That guy is like sooo irrelevant.
    4) Why do I HAVE TO hear HIS political vies?
    5) If the dems win, the terrorists will come to the USA, to my state, county, town, heck to my street and sneak into my bedroom, and me and my buddies will need to summon all the weaponry in our small rural town to kill Osama Bin Laden himself.....or some raghead like him.

I give (some) credit to the .01% of those that actually addressed the issue, as hard as it must be to try to defend.

September 24, 2007 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |
  22. Jack Heim Ft. Worth, Texas

Maybe Rosie was right!

September 24, 2007 08:50 pm at 8:50 pm |
  23. C CAPOBIANCO SOUTHAMPTON PA

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH DONALD TRUMP THIS TIME, BUSH MAKES ME ASHAMED TO SAY IM REGISTERED REPUBLICAN. IT WILL BE ALONG LONG TIME BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANOTHER REPUBLICAN AGAIN. PS; IM ALSO CHANGING MY PARTY BECAUSE OF HIM.

September 24, 2007 08:55 pm at 8:55 pm |
  24. Jesus Castanon Miami Florida

He is perfectly right

September 24, 2007 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  25. TClar Santa Clara, CA

SPEAKING OF LAUGHING STOCKS AND FOOLS? jeez WHAT DOES tRUMP KNOW ABOUT BEING PRESIDENT OR POLITICS? gET A LIFE AND SEE IF YOU CAN RESCUE YOUR "EMPIRE" GOING DOWN THE DRAIN? TC

September 24, 2007 09:01 pm at 9:01 pm |