September 25th, 2007

The Donald: Time for Bush to go into 'hiding'

Watch Trump sound off on politics with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Donald Trump has some advice for President Bush if he wants a Republican to win the White House: Hide.

The business mogul and vocal critic of the Bush administration told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Monday that he thinks the president is a "huge liability" for any Republican seeking the White House. Trump went on to say the best thing Bush can do for his party is to go into "hiding."

"I think President Bush has to go into a corner and hide if a Republican is going to get elected," he said. "There is no way he is an asset. He is a huge liability, and he is going to have to do a big, big hiding act if a Republican is going to win."

Once a Republican nominee is determined, Trump added, Bush "should just go into a corner and say 'Okay, that's it. I am finished. It's over.'"

Trump also reiterated his comments to CNN in March that Bush is "probably" the worst president in American history, saying, "We've gone from this tremendous power that was respected all over the world to somewhat of a laughing stock."

- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Full story

Filed under: Donald Trump • President Bush
  1. Judy Berni

wow I guess he heard that from days ago huh? He is so smart. Always notice when she has something to say its days after someone else has said it. He is a dumb ass. Although I agree that Bush has damaged any change of any stupid Republican.

September 24, 2007 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  2. Don Lester

Trump is way over rated as a businessman. He inherited his father's construction business and $300 million. Any idiot can sit on that amount for 30+ years and become a billionaire with just simple savings account interest. And this guys opinion about politics matters why??

September 24, 2007 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  3. Stefanie Trump Reading, PA

Donald, isn't Melania starting to get too old to be with you? Isn't time for you to trade her in like you did with the other two wives? Go worry about things of that nature and your casinos losing tons of money. How long has it been since you've seen your little boy? Do you even remember his name? And by the way, my last name is Trump too-that used to be a cool thing, now it's an embarrassment.

September 24, 2007 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  4. Bob, Norwalk, OH

I used to, stress used to, have a great deal of respect for Trump. Even named a dog (D.T.) after him.

I am sorry that we didn't run and hide after being hit on 9/11. I am sorry we didn't fully support the U.N.'s efforts to stop us. We do fully support it financially. You're welcome Iran.

Worst president in history? Now Trump, even with your MBA you have HAD to bump into a history course now and then. Check out pre- and post-Civil War presidents.

Maybe you aren't giggling as much when you view your bank statement. I know my family is better off than eight years ago.

Someone who stands up and refuses to let us be trampled, goes from being reactive to proactive as a nation (sorry, don't like the idea of 'bomb us first' as a prelude to war), and someone who doesn't make an entire country yell "JESUS CHRIST" during the nightly news. I guess this president isn't the tabloid fodder needed in the modern day.

Trump, stick to managing the second-rate beauty pageants. You're shoot from the hip analysis makes your stock fall.

And, I will be selling your board game at a local yard sale. I would give it to the Salvation Army but they would surely give it back. Likely take out a peace bond on me too!

Trouble with having more money than you can count, they stick a microphone in front of you and have you evaluate world events. Trump is playing rock star now.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN AMERICA!!! 😉

September 24, 2007 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  5. Luis

Donald hits the mark right! He's an icon and an amazing businessman. I have great respect for him and the way he tells things the way he feels like addressing it. Bush will go down as the WORST president in US history. Worst than Hoover and Carter combined. Any Republican who supports him will be digging his own political grave.

September 24, 2007 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  6. West Columbia, SC

Even IF Bush were to crawl into a deep hole, where he belongs, the repubes would STILL lose.

Unfortunately, the Democratic front-runner, the HILLarious HILLarian, would not be much better (than Bush).

we have GOT to get Obama and Edwards TOGETHER, so America can restore its reputation.

September 24, 2007 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  7. JB, Virginia

It would be better if Trump went into hiding. As a failed candidate himself; THE DONALD was overwhelmingly rejected. He's just another opinionated rich guy who gets media attention because he likes to make these kind of outlandish comments. Someone should tell Trump that just becasue he's rich doesn't mean we are all eager to hear him pontificate on any and every subject.

September 24, 2007 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  8. D. Kaiser, Bellmore, NY

For once I agree with this guy! Now he should go hide with Bush in the corner and keep his month shut to!!!

September 24, 2007 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  9. Pamela, Woodland Hills, CA

No argument with Trump's statement that Bush is "probably" the worse president is US history. Just take out the "probably" and replace with "undoubtedly."

September 24, 2007 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  10. K, Grand Rapids, Michigan

I didn't think there was anything I could agree with Trump on. Bush is the worse president America has ever had, and we have been a laughing stock ever since this 'coward' invaded a country which posed NO threat to ours and had NOTHING to do with 9/11. The world views Bush as a coward, who has ignored the regrouping of AlQuaida and the capture of Bin Laden while pacifist Americans play with their remotes and don't care. So much for Patriotism. The blood of over 500,000 innocent Iraqi civilians and the one million refugees will be his legacy. What ever happened to the brave people of the Vietnam era, who actually stood for something? Bush ought to be impeached and his worshipful Republicans in Congress out to be voted out of office.

September 24, 2007 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  11. Lisa, Upstate NY

AMEN...Time for George Bush just to go! He is the worst president EVER!
    I am here agreeing with Donald Trump who whould have thought!
    Mr. Bush has made the USA A JOKE. Mr Bush is a coward.

September 24, 2007 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  12. Jim, Dallas, TX

The only thing that should be hiding is that freakish hair!

September 24, 2007 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  13. Joseph, Grundy, Va.

Too bad Bush and his pack of morons can't be fired til 1/20/2009, W equals WORST.

September 24, 2007 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  14. Chip, Bloomington, IN

Trump is irrelevant. But it was nice of him to weigh in.

September 24, 2007 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  15. Steve, NY, NY

How is this possible? Has Hell frozen over? I finally agree with Donald Trump? Americans are unified in their disgust for their own president. What a crying shame November 08 isn't here yet.

September 24, 2007 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  16. Wendy, Goldsboro NC

it is funny that the only person saying BS like this is a flaming liberal. President Bush is not the worst President in our History...atleast he was never impeached...not the Democrats have that distincion not once but TWICE!

September 24, 2007 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  17. Wendy, North Carolina

The last time I checked...He was still worth the same amount of votes that I am worth...just one. There are so many Social Conservatives and Republicans in this country...but the way the media gives airtime to the Liberals, you would think we were all jumping ship.

See on you Election Day! Along with me any my MILLIONS of Republican Friends who refuse to let Hillary become president....again.

September 24, 2007 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  18. Shannon, Roanoke, VA

Thank You Donald for saying what the rest of us are thinking! You have a platform to speak for those of us whom cannot speak our minds to the rest of the world!

September 24, 2007 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  19. Robert Austin, Texas

I used to hate the Donald, now I love him! I just wish he wouldn't give the replicans advise.

September 24, 2007 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  20. rand sisk, nevada

Bush should keep right on making a daily ass of himself so we will have a Democratic President and much more a majority in Congress!!!!
    Hey Bible Bob, ever wonder why so many red states rely heavily on Government Aided Programs? (instigated by Democrats). Seems hypocritical to me.

Plus, most heavily populated areas across our nation vote democratic. Where there are more people, there is more crime, homelessness and poverty.

September 24, 2007 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  21. Cooper, College Station Texas

Finally someone comes out and says it! Any one who thinks different had better wake up and look into who is profiting from the war!!! I wish Bush would have hid about 8 years ago!

September 24, 2007 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  22. Tim, Houston, Texas

Trump said we were a respected nation before the worst president in history messed up our perfect record. I say Bush should put him in his place like Rosie did, Trump your fired! When Monica was in the whitehouse we were the joke of the world, feared by none!

September 24, 2007 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  23. John Boyes, Long Beach, California

Right On Donald! We need more influencial people speaking up to save this country ! This madman(Bush) needs to be impeached !
    I have relatives in England and they ask, what is happening to America!

September 24, 2007 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  24. Aliza

I can't believe I agree with Trump!
    Can't stand him, but this time I conceed he is in the right. Bush needs to find a rock and take his boss Dick Cheney with him!

September 24, 2007 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  25. Steve Jones

He was wrong to jump into the Rosie fiasco and he's wrong on Bush. His project here in Tampa is a disaster. He should stick to real estate...he's only been bankrupt twice in that arena.

September 24, 2007 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |