November 15th, 2007

Support the nominee? 'Hell no!'

(CNN) - Another question, another laugh line from Sen. Joe Biden, D-Delaware.

When asked by moderator Wolf Blitzer whether he would support the Democratic nominee "no matter who that nominee is, no ifs, ands or buts," Biden jokingly replied, "Hell, no. I wouldn't support any of these guys."

When the laughter died down, he said he would indeed support them all. The other candidates unequivocally answered in the affirmative, except for Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich, who said, "Only if they oppose war as an instrument of policy."

- CNN Contributor Jamie Gray

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. Mark, Louisville, KY.

I hope Hillary picks you up for her running mate Joe.

November 15, 2007 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  2. EP, Tampa, FL

With the debate 1/2 over it's clear that Biden is the only one who is giving clear answers. Clinton, Edwards, Obama, etc. all dance around the topic.

November 15, 2007 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  3. laurinda,ny

I hope that Biden gets the Democratic nomination!

November 15, 2007 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  4. Donna C, Orlando, FL

Hillary & Joe all the way as Pres. & Vice Pres. We don't need another war. It's a waste of time & money. We need the money for our Health Care for adults & children who can't afford any.

November 15, 2007 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  5. laurinda,ny

OH CNN, you must monitor my comments because Mr. Big Shot has to have the last word.

November 15, 2007 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  6. EP, Tampa, FL

No, Hillary shouldn't be on the ticket she to polarizing and I don't need Bill's input for another 4 years.

Laurinda – what are you talking about?

November 15, 2007 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  7. Anthony Palmer, Columbia, SC

Joe Biden is doing very well tonight. He is definitely the straight-shooting pragmatist on stage tonight. He is clearly upstaging Edwards, Obama, and Clinton.

November 15, 2007 09:54 pm at 9:54 pm |
  8. Ken Garing, Modesto CA

I like Joe Biden.

November 15, 2007 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  9. Chris, Pensacola FL

Why do you democrats put Clinton and Biden together? All you need is Biden. You'll find a VP somewhere else. I'm a repub and WILL vote for Biden, but if Clinton is involved I won't. I'm sure I speak for a few other repubs that don't like Italians when I say choose wisely so we can back you. Just not Clinton though.

November 15, 2007 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  10. Jeremy, Houston, TX

Biden has already stated that if Hillary gets the nomination and asks him to be her running mate, he will decline because he doesn't want to be overshadowed by Bill and could do more good continuing to do what he's doing now than as Hillary's VP.

I hope he gets the nomination. Not only does Biden have great experience and understanding, he has some great plans and the actual ability to implement them.

November 16, 2007 12:33 am at 12:33 am |
  11. MRP, Maumelle AR

I agree with Chris....I'm a republican & I would vote for Joe Biden. He is the ONLY candidate on either side that could bring this country together.

November 16, 2007 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  12. Max, Boston, MA

I cringe when they ask this question, just because of how inherently stupid the mentality is. I am not interested in an "Us vs. them" mentality, where a candidate supports someone unequivocally just because they are the party's nominee.

Dennis Kucinich gave the best answer to this question. A candidate should not sell out his beliefs just because someone else got more votes.

November 16, 2007 01:49 am at 1:49 am |
  13. Seattle WA

Wolf needs to stop cutting him off! We are watching the debate on re-run and Wolf is driving us crazy!

November 16, 2007 02:49 am at 2:49 am |
  14. Willy, Chesapeake, VA

I feel he spoke the truth on his first answer. I don't blame you Joe, I think to whole bunch smells of DC corruption especially Mrs. Bill Clinton...

November 16, 2007 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  15. Val Davydov, Agawam, MA

I am a Republican. Biden is my second choice after Gov. Romney. I am pretty sure however that Romney will get a Republican nomination.

November 16, 2007 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  16. Ms. L, Albany, NY

I think it's great that he's being honest.
    I still don't know who to vote for, though.

November 16, 2007 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |