December 6th, 2007

Obama up with a new ad in Iowa

Obama is out with a new ad in Iowa that showcases his well-received Jefferson-Jackson speech.

(CNN) - Democrat Barack Obama’s campaign debuted a new 60-second ad in Iowa Thursday that stresses his outsider credentials.

The spot, which is drawn from footage of the Illinois senator’s well-received speech at the Iowa Democratic Party’s Jefferson Jackson Dinner, doesn’t directly mention his chief presidential rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York – but it does reference the partisan battles of the last Clinton presidency.

"I don't wanna spend the next year or the next four years refighting the same fights that we had in the 1990s,” says the Illinois senator. “I don't wanna pit red America against blue America. I want to be the President...of the United States of America."

Campaign officials say the ad will run in heavy rotation statewide.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Hillary Clinton • Iowa
  1. Johnson,manchester,nh

Does he mention in any of the ads what he actually accomplished in Illinois while serving here? No?

Posted By xtina chicago IL : December 6, 2007 1:24 pm

What can Hillary say she has accomplished in the senate where Obama has been for the last few years and introduced poweful bills that has shaped todays politics.
    I also personally think if Obama is not in this race then this country would be in the moods for Bush. Too much hype. He shaped the race for the better. No nasty ads and better America. I look forward to vote for him. So as many of my friends. Kudos Obama!

December 6, 2007 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  2. ss,chicago,Illinois

I am surprised that Obama did not know that the president of the united states is president of all the people.

December 6, 2007 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  3. anon New York, NY

Speaking of battleground states- the most recent poll in Ohio

Hillary Clinton's positive rating- 46%

Hillary Clinton's negative rating- 45%

If that is not polarizing, what is?

December 6, 2007 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  4. John Karsten, Virginia Beach, VA

I find myself in the same place as I do most afternoons; being told who to vote for by some HRC lover. I know this will be hard to digest:
    We as Dem's must unite when the primary season is over. Who ever they put up as the Dem candiate, WE MUST UNITE!!!!!!!

Do you really want the GOP to keep running things.

Obama 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Team America-–dirka--dirka

December 6, 2007 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. Buff Given Los Angeles CA.

I'm fascinated by Sen Obama's need to go back 17 years to attempt to discredit Sen Clinton. Further, how is it that he can personally call Hillary a liar, untrustworthy and claim she has no experience and then claim to be above the fray and 'squeaky' clean. The pundits did not excoriate him. When Hillary was being piled on by the guys running against her and she had her defenders including her husband, she was pilloried for supposedly playing the 'gender card'. When she wins in the '08 election, she is going to be America's first woman President. Get over it men! GO HILLARY!!

December 6, 2007 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  6. Betty,Derry,NH

I am a Republican voting for Obama. All other candidates are calculating. I rather have an honest person in the white house than someone who will make me feel is another Bush in the white house. Go Obama. Die hard till you get there. You have my vote!

December 6, 2007 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  7. James Tanner McDonough, Georgia

The answer everyone has been waiting for ! All we see is the nation divided on who to vote for. Republican / Democrat / Independent. Lets look at the facts the majority of people are 1st looking at the parties example. Republican vs Democrat. Then a great example is looking inside the party what comes to mind is Hillary fighting with Obama or visa versa. I happen to have the best idea and least talked about election issue. JOBS JOBS JOBS. If we all want a job or a better paying job job the 1st thing is to stop the bleeding now by sending our jobs overseas. Do you know if you say live in Hong Kong and want a import car you can pay the regular price tag and then you have to pay the import tax which is eaqual to the value to the car so for example a 20k Ford there cost 40k. All we need to do is raise the import tax so we can get back in the business of making our own products again which will grow jobs and raise wages so we can survive. Lets stop fighting each outher come to gether as a United country and keep our jobs stop the trade deficiate now.

December 6, 2007 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  8. Michael, Collinsville Illinois

Penny Pritzker is his Finance chair,just another billionare? I dont think so..look at how she dealt with the Superior Bank collapse,the Morman Group walks away with millions,but the poor families who had money in her Bank lost everything, but Obama keeps talking about change it's all more politcal lies to get elected...look into the Prizler Family,those are the people who advise him.

December 6, 2007 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  9. Garry,Des moines Iowa

I was a republican who happened to vote for G.W.Bush. But given to what happened since then, I am a registered Independent with my wife. We are supporting Obama and I would vote for him. We like him and we don't want the media to tell us who to vote for.
    Obama 08!

December 6, 2007 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  10. Tony, Tulsa, OK

And how, pray, do you intend to do that? Bill Clinton didn't cause the bitter partisanship in the 90s that still exists today... The Republicans in Congress and their lapdogs in the media did that. You're going to have to do a lot more than "hoping," Senator Obama, to convince me you're a viable option for president.

December 6, 2007 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  11. Tony, Alexandria, Va

Is this guy really this naive? And you have Democrats actually believing this junk? This is embarassing. I mean really...

December 6, 2007 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  12. AJ, IL

Obama has tried to be as straightforward and honest about answering questions, unlike Hillary. All your Hillary supporters need to stop touting Hillary's claims of experience. Hillary has not offered any proof of her so-called "extensive presidential experience". All of you sound silly! If you are going to tout political resumes then Richardson, Biden and Dodd trump the front-runners. If you are talking about brininging America together, vision and leadership for the future then you are talking about Obama.

Obama in '08!

December 6, 2007 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  13. Joe,Iowa

I haven't forgotten the mess G.W.Bush has lend us in America. I have forgotten that Hillary and Clinton Administration have said they will not release documents till 2012 after they are out. That is troubling with the secrecy Bush administration has been. I don't want an arrogant administration anymore. All I want is some honesty. I am an Independent for Obama. Go O!

December 6, 2007 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  14. Jim, Irmo, SC

He has a good record. He has good ideas. Many people have a good record. Many people have good ideas.
    Obama is the kind of person that I would like to see in the White House. What's so wrong with "hope", balanced with a practical desire for bipartisan solutions?

December 6, 2007 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  15. Marquis, Chicago, IL

xtina of chicago, il:

I have grown weary of your sad attempts to smear Obama and pose like you know everything about him b/c you are supposedly from Chicago as well. The facts are that he has done much for Illinois: provided health coverage to all in the state, passed ground-breaking ethics reform in illinois, death penalty reform, farm bills, anti-racial profiling legislation, the list goes on.

Being a poser who is in the "illinos know" does not fit you since you clearly lack a grasp of reality. People here - including Republicans - love him here, and he has some of the highest approval ratings of any public official in the state of Illinois for the last twenty years. If you support a different candidate, fine, but don't lie and misrepresent about facts b/c that makes you come off like another candidate whose New Hampshire "firewall" may soon be melted.

December 6, 2007 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  16. Eddie franklinton, La

it'll be a big mistake for our country
    if he is elected president.
    him and hillary ought to be focusing on a way to better our country
    instead of seeing who can put each other's faults known to the public.
    luckily i not able to run a campaign, i'd straighten thing out

December 6, 2007 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  17. Tex Mex, NYC, NY

Hilary'd better be careful about how she treats this Obama phenomenon. He has the ability to ruin her dream of becoming the next President of the United States whether he wins the nomination or not. Let me explain:

-If Obama wins the nomination...Hilary dream die.

-If Obama does not win ...Hilary dream still dies because Obama could well run as an independent a take a HUGE chunk of vote from the democrat presumptive nominee, i.e. Hilary.

In other words, Hilary looses and Obama wins no matter what. So, all of you Hill-kissers out there better be nice with this guy if you truly want to kick the GOP out of the Presidency...just some words of wisdom.

December 6, 2007 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  18. Jeff, Schaumburg, IL

"...Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Pennsylvania"

Are Iowa and Pennsylvania now using Diebold machines too?

Clinton guarantees Republican victory, that is why the neocons are pushing so hard for her nomination (by speaking up against her)

December 6, 2007 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  19. Cammie, Baltimore, MD

Let's see if Clinton and Obama actually do anything as Senators before they are put in the White House.

December 6, 2007 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  20. undecided New Jersey

This is challenge to any Clinton supporter who can help me. I am an undecided voter. Tell me why i should vote for Hilary. Now before you answer you must not that after doing some research i found that she does not have the most experienced canidate in the Democratic party running for President. In fact there are 3 other canidates who have 20+ years each, over Hilary's 6 years in office. Also I want to a reason that doesn't invlove bashing Obama or any other canidate. I want to know which one of her policies sold you on her vote. i would cgreatly appreciate it.

December 6, 2007 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  21. John Brandon Smith, South Dakota

I was originally a Clinton supporter, but then Obama caught my attention. After extensive research on both of them, I don't like either. I'm voting for Mike Gravel, the most sane and logical man running for President. MIKE GRAVEL FOR PRESIDENT!

December 6, 2007 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  22. June Chicago

This Time around and around we go again.first of all thats true Hillary gos after bush which is right a republican and then B hussein o goes after hillary to male himself look good hes lying do not believe this man,he doesnt talk about anything and he yells preaching at us,and then that name sticks with me,is that middle name i dont think so not me nay way,you will be poor and even pooer than you are now.if he ever becomes a president,
    I hope Hilalry wins we know her ,shes been tested throughout the media is trying to have you pick and vote for Hussein Oboma,so he can be stuck in a debate with a republican,he will get samshed,look how he debates omgosh they will destroy him,to succeed and stay with a george white house.

I hope its biden/clinton or clinton /biden..Iowa needs to wake up they had a year with all these politicans and in NH.Im so sick of them iowans,NH have first choice on who to pick as the partys canidiate.hope it chages by 2012

December 6, 2007 05:42 pm at 5:42 pm |
  23. M from Iowa

I have never been so involved in a presidential nomination until this year. I was torn by many candiates at first, but the choice is clear. Obama 08!

Its amazing that Obama has managed to get so many individuals (especially the young people I know) to be interested in politics for a change. I will be supporting him in the caucuses and he'll get my vote in the election. I know republicans who were turned off by the Bush administration really looking forward to a fresh start with Obama!

December 6, 2007 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  24. Bill Seattle, WA

Jimenez. Nobody takes anything a Texan says seriously anymore.

Go back to Crawford.

December 6, 2007 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  25. xtina chicago IL

To those commentors who state Obama has a good record, can you please say one or two decisions Obama has made that show leadership or good business sense.

December 6, 2007 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |