January 7th, 2008

Clinton's closing argument in New Hampshire

The CNN Ticker

Clinton is launching her closing argument in New Hampshire.

(CNN) - Tonight, Hillary Clinton made her final two-minute television appeal to New Hampshire voters during the 6 p.m. news, with a spot that stressed experience and promised real change. Full script after the jump.

Thank you New Hampshire, for welcoming me into your homes and hearts.

And when you vote, I hope you'll ask one question. Who's ready to be president on day

one?

America is at a crossroads. We're a nation at war in a dangerous world. We have a

faltering economy, an energy crisis, and 47 million people without health care.

But, after seven long years of this administration, we finally have the opportunity for a

new beginning. Tomorrow, you can take the first step.

After all the town meetings, it comes down to this. Who's ready to be president and ready

to start solving the big challenges we face on day one?

And, we can solve them. We can end the era of cowboy diplomacy and bring our sons

and daughters home from Iraq. We can make a new beginning for our economy and

rebuild our great middle class.

We can reform our government and transform our energy future. We can make a new

beginning on health care, cut costs, improve quality, and cover every American.

I'm not running for president to put band-aids on our problems. I'm running to solve

them.

The stories you've shared will always stay with me. Parents juggling jobs to pay for

college for their kids, soldiers' families praying for a safe return, all the men and women

across this state who have whispered their health care problems to me.

Bills they can't pay, parents they can't afford to care for, insurance companies who refuse

to help. I know you've waited a long time for a president who could hear you and see

you. We're not just changing presidents, we're changing our country.

I hope you'll vote for me and help me change America. And, if you stand with me, I will

stand up for you every day as your president.

I'll work my heart out to bring the country we love the new beginning it needs and I will

be ready to start on day one. Thank you.

I'm Hillary Clinton and I approved this message.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. john williams san diego, ca.

Please Hillary-DON'T CRY...It reminds me of a bad movie.

January 7, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  2. BG

Vote 4 me.

I'm Bill's wife.

January 7, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  3. ngassa mssika

Nothing new...she needs to realize that she can not do what she and many other previous Presidential candidates promised to do. I am hurt by the fact that our politicians know what is good for our country and its people, yet fail do deliver once they get elected. It is time for a complete overhaul...sorry Mrs. Clinton, you are smart, brave and courageous but won't be able to turn the ship around!

Thanks

Mssika

January 7, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  4. Tim, Minnesota

Darn, I was hoping she would of talked a little bit about "Chinagate"

January 7, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  5. mb

I just can't believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

January 7, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  6. Scott

Hillary is the most CAPABLE. I strongly urge Americans to stop judging candidates on their personalities, to stop relying on public perception and to judge the candidates on the issues. LISTEN UP! Obama has yet to be specific on most topics. Hillary's record is stellar and is evidence that she is capable of leading this country. Her emotional display only reaffirms to me that she sincerely wants to run this country for the betterment of its' people. SNAP OUT OF IT. Bush was enough of a mistake.. Don't count Hillary out–listen to her!

January 7, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  7. Anonymous

Hillary/Obama ticket...out with the good 'ole boys network and in with the new.

January 7, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  8. Paul Naranjo

She can realy make a difference in this great nation. There s a need for change and has to occur now

January 7, 2008 07:34 pm at 7:34 pm |
  9. sam

Hillary, all you care about is your ego. Forget it! It's over.

January 7, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  10. chris b

nice ad, however one still can't ignore the fact that with the election of Mrs Clinton to the White House the dynsty of the country being run by esstianaly two familes for the last 16 years can not be overloooked. (Bush/Clinton/Clinton,Bush/Bush). it is really time for a change no doubt. However there is no easy fix for the mess that the current adminstration is going to leave behind. What is the exit strategy for Iraq? To cut and run means bascially all the soldiers have died in vain. Your health problems are huge, how is it that approx. 47 million americans don't have health care, yet the military and government keeps getting bigger and bigger.

These comments are from an outsider north of the border in Canada, I watch with amusement and concern for your country. Your electoral process is most interesting, but leaves the current Bush with nothing to do as it appears the last year of an administration is a road trip saying good bye, and accomplishing very little.

Homeland security is a red herring, to draw your attention away from what is really ailing the country. That is a lack of truthfulness and leadership by the current resident at the White House.

Whomever you choose to send to the White House has a huge job ahead of them, choose wisely my american friends.

January 7, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  11. Walt, Belton, TX

She just needs somebody to tell her they love her...................................

January 7, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  12. Paul Naranjo

Why do we judge her so much when we do not look at ourselves. She is just a strong and smart woman trying to make a big difference in our nation

January 7, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  13. Rachel

Go Hillary!!

I think she makes some wonderful points. She's an intelligent, strong-willed woman.
    She will make a comeback, I'm sure of it.

January 7, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  14. Bill, Milwaukee, WI

Go for it Hillary!

You are the only REAL hope for AMERICA!

If the people of AMERICA can't see that, then that says more about WE THE PEOPLE than it does about YOU!

January 7, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  15. Nobama!!!!!!

Go Hillary!!

No Barack Hussein Obama in 2008!!!

January 7, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |
  16. jhon smith

GREAT! THIS IS HOW A COMMANDER IN CHIEF TALK.I WILL BE CASTING MY VOTE TOMORROW FOR YOU. I WAS OBAMA SUPPORTER BUT THE FEW PASSED DAYS SHOWED CLEARLY HE HAS NOT DELIVERED WHAT HE PROMISED ABORTION, GUN CONTROL, VOTE FOR IRAK WAR FUNDING,GOSH!
    HILLARY WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG TO DISCLOSE THESE RECORDS. YOU GOT MY SUPPORT

January 7, 2008 07:39 pm at 7:39 pm |
  17. Mati

Hillary'08!

Some of us respect the Senator, she said what she wanted to say, you don't like it, don't listen. Go and yell for Obama ..

January 7, 2008 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  18. jhon smith

HILLARY WILL THE WINNER AT THE END.PEOPLE WILL SOON FIND OUT ABOUT OBAMA RECORDS. HE IS FLIP-FLOPER HE VOTED 79 TIMES PRESENT INSTEAD TO YES OR NO. THAT'S A CHANGE. THE MAN IS WHISHIEB WASHI.

January 7, 2008 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  19. Jack

If you think Obama can beat John McCain, you are out of your mind!! Hillary's experience will stand strong against the republican machine!! She may be a woman with feelings...God knows we need a president with feelings.....!! Not some air filled promises of things that could be of change....Look at her track record!!!

January 7, 2008 07:43 pm at 7:43 pm |
  20. dj

I am an African American male, and my vote is for Hilary Clinton. Obama is not ready to be the president. With the sate of the world the way it is, we can't afford to have another president who is going to get on the job training. We had that with Bush and look at what happened. Expericence is not a bad thing, and if you've learned anything from experience, it's that you must change with the times or be left out in the cold.

January 7, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  21. Kate McCusker

Barack is promise...Hillary is prepared. Barack is a good speech...Hillary is straight talk. Barack is up in an ivory tower...Hillary is on solid ground. Barack is still an optimistic kid...Hillary is a realistic Mom.

But, unfortunately, who wouldn't rather stay out and play after dark instead of going home for dinner?

January 7, 2008 07:44 pm at 7:44 pm |
  22. jhon smith

HUSSEIN BARACK OBAMA WILL FIND OUT THE HARD WAY ON SUPER TUESDAY. THE RIGHT WING REPUBLICAN WANT HIM TO BE THE DEMOCRATS NOMINEE BECAUSE HUSSEIN BARACK OBAMA IS CATCH FOR THEM.

January 7, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  23. kwame

To Sam, you do not know what you are talking about. Hussein will never be president of the USA. Hillary has the experience and brains to lead this country

January 7, 2008 07:45 pm at 7:45 pm |
  24. Shelly

I'm a republican and I really like what Obama has to offer. If Huckleberry gets the nomination, I'll be switching my vote.

January 7, 2008 07:46 pm at 7:46 pm |
  25. Marko Dezdri, Portland, OR

GO HILLARY! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU WIN!

January 7, 2008 07:48 pm at 7:48 pm |