January 7th, 2008

Clinton's closing argument in New Hampshire

The CNN Ticker

Clinton is launching her closing argument in New Hampshire.

(CNN) - Tonight, Hillary Clinton made her final two-minute television appeal to New Hampshire voters during the 6 p.m. news, with a spot that stressed experience and promised real change. Full script after the jump.

Thank you New Hampshire, for welcoming me into your homes and hearts.

And when you vote, I hope you'll ask one question. Who's ready to be president on day

one?

America is at a crossroads. We're a nation at war in a dangerous world. We have a

faltering economy, an energy crisis, and 47 million people without health care.

But, after seven long years of this administration, we finally have the opportunity for a

new beginning. Tomorrow, you can take the first step.

After all the town meetings, it comes down to this. Who's ready to be president and ready

to start solving the big challenges we face on day one?

And, we can solve them. We can end the era of cowboy diplomacy and bring our sons

and daughters home from Iraq. We can make a new beginning for our economy and

rebuild our great middle class.

We can reform our government and transform our energy future. We can make a new

beginning on health care, cut costs, improve quality, and cover every American.

I'm not running for president to put band-aids on our problems. I'm running to solve

them.

The stories you've shared will always stay with me. Parents juggling jobs to pay for

college for their kids, soldiers' families praying for a safe return, all the men and women

across this state who have whispered their health care problems to me.

Bills they can't pay, parents they can't afford to care for, insurance companies who refuse

to help. I know you've waited a long time for a president who could hear you and see

you. We're not just changing presidents, we're changing our country.

I hope you'll vote for me and help me change America. And, if you stand with me, I will

stand up for you every day as your president.

I'll work my heart out to bring the country we love the new beginning it needs and I will

be ready to start on day one. Thank you.

I'm Hillary Clinton and I approved this message.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton • New Hampshire
  1. Cindy

To Dan in Seattle who said "...I wish her well. She is not my candidate of choice. I don't buy her experience argument (7 years in Senate vs. 4 for Obama + he has 12 years in the state legislature)...)

Point of correction, Obama does not have 4 years in the Senate - He was only elected in 2004 – so he has 3 years as of January 2008 (he was sworn in January 2005). Also, he was in the Illinois Senate beginning in 1996 until he was elected to the U.S. Senate. Therefore he could not have been a State Senature for 12 years - its more like 8. Just to keep the record straight.

January 8, 2008 11:18 am at 11:18 am |
  2. Mark R. Fort Lauderdale FL

Well, I still hope that Obama and Clinton end up on the ticket together, although it doesn't look like it's going to be in the order that I wanted. The Clinton years were a prosperous time in this country's history, when we could be proud of ourselves as a nation. If Clinton can't guide us nack to that as president, then I hope she can at least have some influence as vice-president.

January 8, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  3. Big Vin

It's amazing that Hillary always talks about her VAST experience? What experience? Having tea and cookies with the spouse of a world leader does not constitute experience.

Please, Hillary is a leftist fraud. Everything is about her...America and our welfare is a distant second.

January 8, 2008 11:23 am at 11:23 am |
  4. carol

Jim in Orlando – Get lost!

January 8, 2008 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  5. carol

Robert – the word is "you're". Go back to school. Maybe it's not too late for you to get "your" education.

January 8, 2008 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  6. Gbryant

If you support Obama give some serious thought to this.

January 8, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  7. carol

Stop denigrating Obama – Hillary would not like it. Your lack of conscious is showing.

Hillary '08

January 8, 2008 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  8. ali

hey get out of the way. its time to change.
    you lie too much and we found out about your tricks.
    it dosnt work ....no more.

January 8, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  9. carol

Gbryant – don't you think someone with his resources would have visited his family long before he needed an ending to his book. Maybe he will someday invest in an indoor toilet for them – maybe Oprah can help.

January 8, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  10. carol

demwit – your name says it all.

January 8, 2008 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  11. carol

Joseph – good information. Have you posted it everywhere you can??????????/

January 8, 2008 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  12. Bill

Emotions? Where were they when thousands were killed on 9/11? Such a phony!!!

January 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  13. Louis, New York

Hillary has done NOTHING for New York except name a few post offices. This woman went to N.Y. so she could run for president. Her whole life has been one scheme to get to the white house. Half the postings in these blogs are from Hillary supporters.
    The woman is a pathological liar as is her husband, who she only stayed with for the political gain.

Finally a chance for real change not more lies and spin from the Clintons.

ANYONE BUT HILLARY '08

January 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  14. carol

Nightmare in NY – who are you working for – Edwards or Obama? My guess is Obama. Am I right?

January 8, 2008 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  15. carol

Louis, New York – swim back under your shell.

January 8, 2008 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  16. carol

J.Page – Amen!!!!!!!!!!

January 8, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  17. carol

Not A Clinton Drone – hate to tell you, but the intelligent, well-informed supporters are working for ourselves – we can't stand to see another idiot in the White House.

January 8, 2008 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  18. k2ofcu

Let's face it – many adult males can't stand the notion of a woman who is likely smarter, better educated, and more successful than they are.

It's funny to see how some adult males turn into emasculated little boys at the notion of having Hillary in charge....

They say that some adult males (they don't deserve the prestige of being called MEN) feel like they're reverting to 'child' status if they're confronted with a strong woman- these previous comments could provide support to that!

When confronted with a strong woman, out they come with the 'neener neener /wedgie' communication style....Gee, that's really adult, BOYS....

Put on your big boy pants and GROW UP!

January 8, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  19. carol

Mario – I'm sure you are a handsome devil. It will be sad when Mitt sends you back over the border. Good Luck!

January 8, 2008 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  20. sarah

Gooooo Hilary!!!!

I left my Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker on my car since 2004, but on Saturday (after watching Edwards "attack" (which is all he seems to know how to do), Hillary on the debate, I removed it. I don't want to be, in any way, ever identified with Edwards. We don't need a president who is so angry and polarizing as he is --he doesn't have a clue on how to begin building non-partisan relationships. All he knows how to do is attack, attack, attack..... and try to ride on the coat tails of Obama because he has nothing but negativity to offer on his own. Having the opportunity to further observe Edwards during this campaign, I wouldn't vote for him if he was the last man on earth.

As far as Obama, he's all talk and no substance. What does he have to show for the time he has spent as a Senator or before being a Senator that supports that he has been an "agent of change" ? Polls among African Fmericans show that the reason that he has not been supported by African Americans is because he doesn't address/has never addressed the issues of concern to African Americans. Wake up America!

I have never voted Republican in my entire life but as one of the previous people noted, if the choice is Obama, I will vote Republican, for McCain, before I would vote for someone with no experience whatsoever to be President during such a critical time in our history.

January 8, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  21. James

Bush! Clinton! The nation is sick of these political dynasties and their hypocrites and their transgressions which they have perpetrated upon our citizens for 20-years. Both the Bush's and the Clinton's, the males, have wrecked our country. Clinton had a good thing going until he couldn't keep his zipper closed and then compounded his bad judgement with the worst North American trade agreement in the Nations history -NAFTA.- Then came GWB who gave us nothing but a needless war; a total disregard of the Constitution and its protections; and, trade agreements which have poisoned our children, our food and our pets, all for the enrichment of Corporations and a Communist government that still aims at crushing our Nation. I'm sorry for Hillary but rightly she is apart of these dynasties that have caused probable irreparable damage our Nation's treasury and reputation. Let's purge these families from our memory!

January 8, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  22. carol

Bill – obviously you are unaware that George W was in charge of national security on 9/11, but we must take into consideration that the congress was on a well deserved vacation from bashing the Clinton's for 8 years trying to find out if he was having consentual sex. Makes you wonder why they weren't instead trying to find out what Bin Laden was up to. And of course, Bush needed his much month long vacation from all of his other 4 day weekends. You need to wake up and smell the garbage.

January 8, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  23. tabitha

Its time you people wake up and smell the coffee! Hillary is very intelligent woman who the repulicans know will give them a run for their money. If Borak wins most americans will vote for a repulican candidate. Imagine Borack in the white house! In this lifetime there will never be a black rookie president ! We are not in South Africa. All I have had is change and no specifeics from Borack. When we hire someone to be president at this point in the USA; We dont want on the job training but someone who has been tested and has experience. I don't have to like that person. Most of my bosses have been asses anyway but they got their jobs done. Go Hillary!

January 8, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  24. JV

Hillary is the most experienced and the most capable candidate.
    Please check her record! Do your homework! The outcome is too important!

January 8, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  25. robert

to carol
    sorry about the spelling I am french canadian and soory to see you falling for a preacher but if he win MY money will go further maybe be able to afford a house in florida because I think your money will plunge

January 8, 2008 01:02 pm at 1:02 pm |