January 8th, 2008

3. Terrorism
4. Illegal immigration

Source: CNN Exit Poll preliminary results

Filed under: Exit Polls • New Hampshire
  1. noname

The line should read "Most important issues to NH voters "-
    – can you give me a Dee dedeeeeee

January 8, 2008 05:25 pm at 5:25 pm |
  2. Eric, California

Edwards should be the biggest winner in these circumstances

Edwards 2008

January 8, 2008 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  3. anne

How many people does this poll represent?
    Why aren't independents represented in this poll?
    Please give more information., thanks.

January 8, 2008 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  4. pam Eugene OR

I would sure like to see the Democrats pay a bit more attention to our boarders. Otherwise I am 100% with them.
    The economy is really scary these days! I just want a nice, fair primary. Bill Clinton needs to zip it!

January 8, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  5. Tony

Obama is a joke. He has no ounce of experience to run the country. Obama and Bush is the same person, idiot. Americans are smarter than that so make the right decision. We're not voting for the American Idol now, we're selecting the leader of the free world so make you voting count.

January 8, 2008 05:33 pm at 5:33 pm |
  6. Chuck Norris, Tucson, AZ

Independents aren't the top priorities for the other parties, hence why not shown what they think. Nobody cares.

January 8, 2008 05:34 pm at 5:34 pm |
  7. Richard Kallao

I saw an episode of a tv series called Sliders once where
    the sliders slid on a world and were getting something
    to eat at a hotdog stand , the caterer had turned on the
    tv and on that world or dimension the President was
    Clinton , because I remember when the President
    was making a speech , Professor Arturo's face dropped ,
    but unlike him , I think it would not only be different , but
    it's about time we had change in the White House , so
    maybe that episode of Sliders may come through , I
    think Hillary would make a fine President , not only is she
    is pretty , she's got experience backing her up, her husband .
    And she is talented and gifted as well .Just one issue we
    need to take care of here and now , that is Iran , Has anybody
    noticed or been paying attention on how close a man name
    Nostrademus has been right . We better pay close attention
    to his last few predictions about Iraq and Iran and the Middle
    East , hope you win , Hillary . Good luck and Godspeed .

January 8, 2008 05:35 pm at 5:35 pm |
  8. kevin

I'd like to see a link for the 2004 video in question. Shouldn't the press be showing this video? The voters should be able to see the evidence in order to determine whether Obama's claim of always being against the war is in fact true.

January 8, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  9. J Nemeth

It,s either me or your wrong . Your Poll ticker is 5 minutes off at least. And that is important to anybody who votes because I watch cnn all the time and if I was at work and came home I would see that firstOh by the way I like Lou Dobbs please send me his book.also love to meet him and go on his show

January 8, 2008 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  10. G Droll

It sounds like Bill cannot take what he has dished out for years. Politics is not a pretty thing. He knows that. Who knows, Obama may be like Ohio State – fast out of the gate but cannot sustain momentum.

January 8, 2008 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  11. Gerri

Bill Clinton has a nerve accusing ANYONE of spinning fairy "tails" after having publicly disgraced the office of the United States President in front of the entire world. Did we all forget how he lied to our faces and embarassed us all globally? Is his scorned, spineless wife the one we want to lead our country in these dangerous times? ...or is it a ploy for him to get back in a position of power?
    All his speech did, was remind me of HIS legacy – do we really need more deceit back in our Whitehouse?
    Thanks for letting me vent!

January 8, 2008 05:43 pm at 5:43 pm |
  12. Stephen

I like how the economy is the biggest issue in the exit polls and people are going to actually say that and still vote huckabee or romney. jokes.

January 8, 2008 05:46 pm at 5:46 pm |
  13. Stephen

oh jeezus you moderate these.... i guess that throws debate out the window huh?

January 8, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  14. Cade

If you think the country will be stronger if we have stronger families, then vote for Mitt! What good is a strong military if there is nothing left to protect. The Family unit is under attack and he is the only candiate that seems to understand this and is prepared to do something about it!

The Flip-flopper tag just dosn't fit for Mitt. Sure he changed his mind about a couple of different issues over the years, all of them have at some point. I would rather see a person that can learn from their experiences than for one to pretend to keep the same ideas just so they don't get called names. He has all the same positions he had when he was Governor.

Examine the issues, then vote for Mitt!!!!

January 8, 2008 05:49 pm at 5:49 pm |
  15. Sarah, Laconia, NH

Actually, the reason that independents aren't shown might be because you can't be an 'Independent primary voter." When you go to vote, you have to choose between either a Republican or a Democratic ballot. I don't know that this is definitely the reason, but it makes sense to me. Please try to think these things through before getting so angry, that's not what we need in this country right now (or ever).

January 8, 2008 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  16. F Hernandez

Chuck Norris?!? Give me a break...who cares what YOU think........you are living in a fantasy world....

January 8, 2008 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  17. Dan

Ok bright lights, there is no "independent primary." The people EXITint the polls, who were questioned for the EXIT POLLS had just voted in either the Republican or Democratic primary. That does not give us any solid information as to what party, if any, they are affiliated with.

This poll doesn't tell us much about where the votes are going in NH. If the question was experience vs. change then we would have an idea. Eric in CA is correct that, if Edwards message is resonating, this is good news for him. But, if the economy is the top issue and he does poorly, he is all but done.

January 8, 2008 05:54 pm at 5:54 pm |
  18. F Hernandez

Cade,
    I think that it is amazing that Republican supporters are now redifining what flip-flopping means...did we forget John Kerry and the last election....such hypocrites!!

January 8, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  19. NewPatriot-Arizona

The economy is first and most important issue facing the candidates. However we need an economy based on principles like the gold standard, so our dollar does not go extinct. We need solutions and resolve, not more government nor welfare. We will be feeling the pinch probably by the Presidential election which is in November 2008. The euro in 2001 was about .75 cents usd , now its reached about or nearing 1.50 usd. solutions and resolve is what's needed ,not more war, destruction, and death.

January 8, 2008 05:55 pm at 5:55 pm |
  20. matt

Carol Hoosier,

Obama was NOT raised a muslim, ya dingbat! That myth has been discredited over and over.

January 8, 2008 05:57 pm at 5:57 pm |
  21. Dani

Obama is another Bush under a different party. He is not ready to be president! Hillary Clinton is smart and experienced!

January 8, 2008 05:58 pm at 5:58 pm |
  22. el slade o

with those isues Mike Huckabee will be a simple,easy,1rst or 2nd. MIKE HUCKABEE FOR PRESDENT 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 8, 2008 05:59 pm at 5:59 pm |
  23. Moneer Sohail

Both parties have bankrupted our country. Lets try a third option.

January 8, 2008 06:00 pm at 6:00 pm |
  24. Sarah, Laconia, NH

Dear Carol Hoosier,
    I am very sorry to hear about your mistreatment while you were traveling. I would just like to put it out there that I have also done extensive traveling (in fact, I lived for a year in a country that is 35% Muslim) and have not experienced such. Yes, there is extremism in many places, yes there are countries in which young people are taught to hate America, and yes many of us have been hurt by this extremism. But I do want people to know that there are some Muslims out there who don't hate America, and who aren't out to get us.

P.S. As long as I'm talking about the truth, Barack Obama was not brought up as a Muslim. That would have been difficult, considering that neither of his parents were Muslim (although one of his grandmothers is).

January 8, 2008 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  25. Eric, California

It will be nice when John Edwards is our next president. You guys will like it too. Edwards is going to be the biggest winner under the above circumstances.

January 8, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |