January 18th, 2008

CNN=Politics Daily

CNN=Politics Daily is The Best Political Podcast from the Best Political Team.

CNN=Politics Daily is The Best Political Podcast from the Best Political Team.

(CNN) - Former President Bill Clinton has become a regular fixture on the campaign trail as his wife mounts her own campaign for the White House.

In the latest episode of CNN=Politics Daily, Senior Political Correspondent Candy Crowley takes a look at the Clinton's tag-team campaign style.

Wolf Blitzer also speaks with Clinton backer Bob Johnson about his apology to Sen. Barack Obama.

South Carolina'sĀ GOP primary is January 19 and the Best Political Team has the southern stateĀ covered. Dana Bash reports on Sen. John McCain's new economic plan announced in Columbia, South Carolina Thursday.

Chief National Correspondent John King is also on the trail in South Carolina and takes a look at Fred Thompson's effort to win the important GOP primary.

Senior Political Analyst Bill Schneider reports on the string of endorsements Sen. Barack Obama recently received from Democratic insiders.

Click here to subscribe to CNN=Politics Daily.

1. WORRIED

IF HILLARY CLINTON IS SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING THE DEMOCRACT NOMINEE. I ALONG WITH MY FAMILY WILL MAKE HISTORY MY VOTING FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A REPUBLICAN. SHE DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE QUALITIES AND CHARACTERICS I THINK TO TURN THIS COUNTRY AROUND. WE NEED SOMEONE PEOPLE WILL RESPECT AND TRUST. i'VE TRIED TO GIVE HER THE BENEFIT AND HAVE AN OPEN MIND. SHE JUST DOES NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO RALLLY THE PEOPLE AND GET BACK THE TRUST OF OUR PEOPLE AND THE PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRYS..
    WAKE-UP DEMOCRACTS BEFORE IT IS TO LATE. ANOTHER FOUR OR EIGHT YEARS SITTING ON THE SIDELINES.

January 18, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  2. Annamarie

It'd be nice if there'd be a CNN reporter or two that understood the issues Rep. Duncan Hunter is bringing up, and reported on them... and if Hunter - and Edwards, and all of them - received fair coverage. If they had, many more people would have known Duncan Hunter by now and recognized him for the true Reagan republican he is. Instead, we have to watch YouTube videos to get a glimpse of the man and his grasp of the issues–many of the other candidates have only a memorized line or two which they hope they remember when asked about a topic!

I pray for Duncan Hunter's campaign, and for enough people who love this country to educate themselves about him so they could make an informed choice instead being influenced by premature polls, which have been abused in conjunction with poor reporting all throughout this race to create the illusion of vast followers for Guiliani, etc.– and where is he now?!

January 18, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  3. Weez

Considering that Obama is constantly forced to play 2-on-1 versus Billary, I think he's holding his own quite well. Every time Bill plays "bad cop" it just proves Hillary has accepted she can't win on her own credentials. I don't want the first female president to be a woman who needed her famous husband making headlines to get there.

January 18, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  4. JohnS

Tom, Boston MA said: "NO CHANGE WILL NOT COME UNLESS THE PEOPLE"S HEART AND MINDS CHANGE"

Well, is this not the type of change that Obama has been calling for even BEFORE Hillary FOUND her own voice as a person?

As a strong democrat, I credit Regan for some of the changes he brought about in the World. The U.S. held great respect, the Soviet Union gave in etc., all these - thanks to Reagn as much as I disagreed with several of his domestic POLICIES.

The U.S. started to lose her respect internally and externally due to the Clinton era. In fact, the democtic party has been losing to the republicans for quite some time now because of the Clinton era. No one will ever convince me that Hillary will REPLICATE some of Bill's economic policies; we must be daydreaming if we think that she will actually do so.

Now, history teaches us well that Hiilary will continue to divide this nation, and Bill will continue his sense of marital problems. Let us wait until the republicans start to call for the opening of the Clinton ARCHIVES!!!!!! Then, the nation and the democrats will be, again, sorry for NOT learning from their MISTAKES of the past scandals!!!!!!! Only Obama can heal the sins of the past that we have suffered; this would be real change.

January 18, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  5. Connie

I am ashamed to be an American. The world is watching my country becoming a fool among the nations. The American dollar use to be a passport and was very respected among the nations. Now, the American dollar is less than the Canadian currency. America has no discernment to view the future. We are facing major catastrophe if we elect Hillary as president. Seriously, what can she do to change the economy? Her husband is a sick person. The whole thing looks very weak and America is falling under a trap with the Clintons. The Clintons are very crafty. We have reach to a point in America where discernment should be the point focus not color or gender. We need to discern those candidates. Be smart! Hillary Clinton is bad news. And, we are the victims. We shall suffer the effect. I try...

Thanks!

January 18, 2008 05:47 pm at 5:47 pm |
  6. Gentile Warrior for Christ

You are so blatantly dishonest. Trying to tell people that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance. Blacking him out in the media and telling lies only solidifies our vote. You are proving our suspicions right. You are dishonest, all of you. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, the whole lot of you. We do not believe you anymore, nor do we believe your puppet candidates. By conquest or consent? America says bring it on!!

January 18, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  7. Joyce

Maybe Wolf and friends are too old to have looked for a job in a while. The wisest thing to say in a job interview question to the effect of, "What is your biggest weakness?", is to say it is an excess of your greatest strength. This is suggested by all the guides to landing a job. Lying is not the issue.

Also, Obama's line about helping old ladies across the street is not comedy. It is sexist and ageist. I take offense. I am about the same age as Clinton and do not consider myself an "old lady." If Clinton had made a similar comment about Obama's race and age the hoopla would be unbelievable.

January 18, 2008 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  8. Stacey

Obama and Hillary didn't answer a question, in the NH debates, about having any regrets in anything they said in previous debates. Edwards and Richardson answered it, but Obama wouldn't answer it. I didn't see Edwards or Richardson being upset that they answered the question. I am really disappointed in Obama right now. I have a feeling he isn't right for this country. I make a prediction that not much will change if he is the president. He wants to sit around with milk and cookies and hope people will agree with him. Everything will stay the same. The middle class will weaken, and the upper class will have all the toys at the end of the day.

January 18, 2008 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  9. Mello

Why are we hearing more from Bill Clinton these days than from his wife? In my opinion this is totally inappropriate. As a former President, Bill adds credibility to Hillary's campaign, but I thought Hillary was the one running for office, not Bill. bill has a vested interest in Hillary winning...he gets back in the White House, tthey would have a really nice retirement fund if they could both collect as "ex-presidents" someday. He is, in my opinion, using his prior position to exploit and manipulate this political process. I used to like Bill Clinton and at one time I was even a Hillary supporter, but now I pray that she is not the candidate. His actions are so out of line I do not believe that her presidency could be anything but a farce, and it will be Bill pulling the strings. I don't even buy the "tears" routine in New Hampshire. Polls had indicated that she needed to soften and low and behold, we get well staged tears! Do we really want a president, who when the going gets tough, has to have her husband jump in and rescue her and berate foreign leaders for being mean to her! Get Real! I've had enough of political dynasties in the Bush family. It is time to give it a rest and make some real changes in this country and there is no way that I can see that the Clinton's past history and current dirty little tricks will serve the American public in a positive way. I don't believe a word that either of them say. Clinton's presidency was a positive moment in history, and I appreciate his service to America in the past, but it is time for these two "Hill-Billies" to head back to Arkansas!

January 18, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  10. AZ Grandma

I too am amazed that Obama is accorded the position of "gospel truth" for all things Black. Why is there a national uproar because Hillary Clinton states a historically accurate opinion about the MLK-LBJ cooperation, or are only Blacks allowed to speak about MLK?
    At the South Carolina debate on Monday, 1/21/08, I'd like to see Wolf Blitzer ask the candidates, "Would you support and defend a debate sponsored by the Congressional White Caucus or support and defend a religious group defining itself as the Wonderfully White Christians?"

January 19, 2008 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  11. USC Trojans

Huckabee has told South Carolina voters that he supports the confederate flag and supports South Carolina flying the confederate flag. Does that mean that he supports slavery, racism, and the southern United States suceeding from the northern United States. How does he get away with saying these things. He has so many radical beliefs. He has supports a quarantine of people with AIDS (reguardless of how they contracted it or if they are little kids), criticizes people for their religious beliefs, claims to be the new Christian leader, wants to ammend the constitution to what he thinks God's will is, and now supports the confederate flag. I don't know how he is still one of the main contenders for the republican presidential primary. I just hope people see him for who he really is. A minister running for President with radical beliefs.

January 19, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |