January 27th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Sen. Clinton arrives in Florida

ALT TEXT

Sen. Hillary Clinton arrived in Sarasota, Florida Sunday for a fundraiser. Democratic presidential candidates have pledged not to campaign in Florida this primary season because of national party penalties on the state for its early primary date, but they are allowed to attend fundraisers there.(Photo Credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

Related: Sen. Clinton to be in Florida Tuesday for primary results

Filed under: Florida • Hillary Clinton
  1. Omar Norfolk VA

NOW she fights for the rights of the voters of Florida, one year later after getting her hind parts walloped in South Carolina on Saturday. Why didn't she speak up for them last year when the rules were being set??? BIllary is so full of it. LOL

January 28, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  2. AJ, IL

All you Hillary-supporters sound delusional and have short memories. The DNC stripped delegates away from Michigan and Florida in late August of 2007. When Hillary was ahead in all the polls in early September 2007, there wasn't a peep out of her and her campaign. Now that Hillary is in a true battle for the Democratic nomination she wants to change the Democratic party rules.

Hillary is the only Democratic candidate pushing Florida into national attention for Democrats knowing that a win in Florida is meaningless from a delegate count but a win gets her some additional national exposure on Feb. 5th. Make the right choice!

Obama in '08!

January 28, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  3. David Miami FL

Hey concerned "BILLARY" supporters, why wasn't she soooooo concerned about the rights of Florida and Michigan voters last year when the rules were set about the primaries????? Please spare me the "she is concerned" song and dance.

Yes, she is concerned because she got destroyed saturday night. Her long time family friend and a DNC HUGE power player is endorsing Obama today. She sees that she is in HUGE trouble that is what she is truly concerned about.

I can tell you now, the polls are very wrong about Billary in FL. The tide has DEFINITELY changed away from her here in the sunshine state. FACT!

January 28, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  4. Kat

You guys it's just the primary... it's not like they are taking away your contitutional right to vote for the president. Rules were broken therefore consequenses follow

January 28, 2008 11:08 am at 11:08 am |
  5. Cindy, Calfiornia

FLORIDA MATTERS! PEOPLE IN FLORIDA MATTER!

January 28, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  6. Pia

Patty,
    Hillary doesn't care about the people of Florida having the right to vote. She only wants those votes for her own benefit NOW because she's afraid her support is slipping. It's the usual cheat/lie business with her and Slick Bill.

January 28, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  7. Pia

Omar Norfolk VA,
    Your post about hind parts wallloped made me laugh, thanks!
    Yes, I agree with you, why didn't Hillary speak up last year when the rules were set? She took everything for granted then. Now she's worried and is getting desperate daily.

January 28, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  8. jess

How is Hillary a "tough" woman? Her husband got more attention than she did because they needed him. I want to see a woman in the white house. But I want her to wind because she was the candidate, not because her husband is the shadow candidate. What about President Boxer? What about President Pelosi? They both have a nice ring, don't they?
    In regards to Florida, I wish they didn't move their primary forward. But they did and the Clintons agreed to that rule a year ago. Everyone's vote will count in the national. (hopefully)

January 28, 2008 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  9. Bea, Hoboken, NJ

It would be nice if some of you did some research before opening your uninformed mouths.

– All candidates are on the FL ballot.
    – The DNC allowed candidates to fundraise in the state.
    – Obama attended a fundraiser in FL last November.
    – Obama is the one breaking the rules by having national ads shown in FL.

A little objectivity goes a long way...........

January 28, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  10. redwoods

I don't blame the people of Florida for being angry that their votes won't count, but in a way they will count, all the candidates are on their ballot, lets see who Florida supports.

January 28, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  11. No more Clinton Doublespeak

Typical Clinton. She agreed with the other candidates and the DNC not to go to Florida and guess where she is? Her word means nothing to her. She is a win at all cost person without an ounce of honor. She says it is because she is the only one who cares about Florida when the truth is she is the only one who can't seem to tell the truth and fulfill her promises.
    I admire Edwards and Obama for keeping their promise with great person sacrifice.
    She will make a big deal out of it later that she believes all vote should be counted and the others don't. The DNC would seat the delegates in these two states if they had not moved their primary dates. This was known for months. So she lies and gets rewarded for it and the two other men hold true and she wants them to climb into the gutter after her.
    How can we ever believe any of her promises when she lies so much. Hillary is not what America wants or needs. He need honor and truth in politics and the Clinton have none.

January 28, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  12. Larry

yup..sad but true...99% of hillary haters blogging are scared- to- death- republicans that will say anything to not have her in the general; election...btw..has anyone found out who this Obamo guy is?...i cant seem to find any records on him

January 28, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  13. Hill is Prez

Cheers to Madam President!!! Can't wait to see the whole nation united and prosperous under her presidency.

January 28, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  14. krister

does anyone (including the hillary supporters) think that she actually would have gone to FL to campaign (right, fundraise, sorry) if she'd won SC? i can't believe these florida voters who thinks hillary "cares about your voice". she cares about winning a PR battle.

duh.

January 28, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  15. Check the Facts

The DNC ruling states that there will sanctions against any campaign if the committee had stripped the state of 50% of the delegates. Since they stripped 100% of the delegates there is no sanctions against any campaign wishing to campaign in the state. Neither candidate is in any violations since the DNC characterizes the Florida Primaries as just a “Beauty Contest”

January 28, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  16. Jace

Last time I checked, Florida was part of the U.S. Why should she not be in Florida?? If you're fine with a candidate who will neglect the state simply because it won't win him the election, than Obama's your man. Remember, the election is in November and Florida will remember Hilary.

January 28, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  17. Robert

To all of you Obama supporters:

Can someone please tell me about his 15-plus years with ties to Antoin "Tony" Rezko. If it were Clinton with these ties you would be all over it.

January 28, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  18. Mark

Oh, suddenly Hillary is interested in FL after being swamped in SC.

What were you thinking when you agreed not to campaign in FL?

Obama '08

January 28, 2008 06:02 pm at 6:02 pm |
  19. debbie

So laughable how the OLD DEMOCRATIC PARTY BIG WIGS are scrambling to STOP BILL CLINTON from being the STAR OF THE PARTY again, once Hillary gets to be President!!!!!! They're using Barack to block this possibility. EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE THE STAR. Poor Barack, they are using the poor kid....but what does he know, he is too new and too inexperienced to know whats going on. SHAME ON YOU, OLD FOGEYS!!!!!

January 28, 2008 06:06 pm at 6:06 pm |
  20. NickNas

Hi My Name is Hillary Clinton-Bush I am here in TOTAL betrayal of a Pledge I agreed to with the other members of the DNC. I just wanted to give you a preview of how I plan on RULING as your next Quee-- I mean President. I will do ANYTHING I want in spite of promises made and rules I agree too. After all I will be the Decieder and I can do what I want right?

Hillary is a traitor to her party and should be sancioned for breaking the agreement that SHE pledged too.

I lost friends defending the Clintons over the years!! WHAT A FOOL I WAS!!!!! No More.

January 28, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  21. Kathy

I've never blogged before, so just curious. What does it mean to say that my "comment is awaiting moderation"?

January 29, 2008 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  22. kelly

Hillary is one of the strongest women I have ever seen, and I believe she will be a great president when elected in 2008! Go Hillary

January 29, 2008 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |