January 29th, 2008

Obama: I didn't snub Clinton

ALT TEXT

(CNN) - It seems a snub is in the eye of the beholder.

- CNN's Chris Welch and Alexander Mooney

soundoff (2,059 Responses)
  1. Iraq connections?

Apparently, Rezko borrowed 3.5 million dollars from some billionaire in Iraq. Why would a billionaire from Iraq have connections with Rezko? Makes me wonder if there's a connection with Obama "I was against the war from the start". Interesting. A stretch, but one never knows.

January 29, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  2. Clyde

It appears to me that Mr. Obama does not have the ability to get along with other Democrats. Snubbing Senator Clinton was quite obvious. Once again proving he is not the right man for the job.
    As for Senator Kennedy, I don't think he is really a good friend of the Clintons. If he was he would have made every effort to work with the Clintons to achieve his endorsement.
    Personally I think Senator Kennedy’s endorsement of Mr. Obama works in Senator Clintons favor.

January 29, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  3. murry

This is a silly story. Don't you anything more important to report?

January 29, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  4. D'Berry

This is stupid.

January 29, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  5. Sharon

Come out and say whatever you want to make yourself feel better.....we SAW it happen.....not just in a picture.......

January 29, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  6. roger, conway sc

You are seeing our MEDIA in action....they were responsible for the racial mess during the SC primary.....they stirred the pot 24/7...

January 29, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  7. DOUGLAS

Hit-lery and O Blah Blah have some fence mending to do....Maybe they could ask Bill and Ted ( excellent Adventurers.... or Adulterers) to help out with their issues...Wait, that is what got them to the top of the Don't vote for me list in the first place !!!

January 29, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  8. Nando, Florida

CNN Stop know one cares !!!!! she is not the Queen of ENGLAND!!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  9. Clinton

please. Clinton spends a month attacking the man and people are surprised that he doesnt want to shake her hand? it would be a photo op for ther campaign to use against him. The guy had to choose the lesser poor choice her. Another sly move by Billary!

January 29, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  10. John, N.H

liar, here we go again....

January 29, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  11. Ray

Poor Obama..everyone is picking on you!!! You did it. GROW UP!!! MANY people around you saw you.

January 29, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  12. Clinton '08

Obama is right... this is a good example of timing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here since I know how the media is. Speak first, investigate later. I'm a Hillary supporter, but I can totally give Obama the benefit of the doubt here.

Clinton '08

January 29, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  13. matthew

Obama clearly turned away because she was there.

What a great way to handle conflict...it worked so well in WWII.

January 29, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  14. nice!

Who the h*ll cares??? Hillary is rude 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  15. Armando

Seems as if Obahma has issues with strong women. It will be Obahma who after Florida and Super Tuesday as he is behind Clinton in almost all states. Clinton is about to take it away with the multi-cultural states.

January 29, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  16. drmarte

My goodness, can we get crazier about we journalistically angst over?

January 29, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  17. Kate

what was he supposed to do .. stare? .. he was giving them an opportunity to talk .. that's what we call politeness .. but again that's too much to understand these days 🙂

January 29, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  18. Surrealist, Fort Myers, FL

Everybody is looking for signs he is going start being a "gunslinger politician" like Hillary and Bill.

He never been caught being anything but professional–even during the debates when she–became pretty vicious.

Obama has clearly demonstrated in all of the meetings with his competitors–that he is above the sort of below the belt tactics lauded and taught by so many of his colleagues (guess who?).

January 29, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  19. racergirl8807

Honestly, I wish he'd just said "Yeah I just didn't feel like talking to that mixed-up crazy." I think I'd respect him way more for openly doing something I'd do.

January 29, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  20. Gerty11226

Must you always try to place Sen. Obama in the worst possible light? Is it possible that Clinton snubbed Obama?

January 29, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  21. david the blackman

oh yes you did brotha you did
    enough with your lies!

just like you told kieth oberman of msnbc last night that you did not campaign in florida when in fact you broke the dems pack and did campaign by running ads in florida last week
    enough with your lies!

just like told the american public last week that you only knew tony rezko for 5 hours of billed work mean while you are in bed with this crook w/ jump starting your campaign fundraisng and buying property with him
    enough with your lies!

January 29, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  22. The Decider

Hey Mooney, this is pretty petty junk to put on here. It is more of the same as your article on NOW. There already was one article on here about NOW and you keep on stirring. I'll have to admit that I'm surprised at Jessica Yellin. She is a great commentator but this is a bit below the bar for her.

We have a week left, how about giving us some political news thats worthy of reading and commenting on. You are lowering yourselves to about 75% of the ignorant comments on here. Let it play out and whoever wins --WINS...

January 29, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  23. Rob

LOL@the comments in here....he just said he didn't snub her and you still don't wanna believe it...the Senate memeber he was talking even said that people are making this situation out to be something bigger then it really is...I swear you Clinton supporters are incredible....you'll log on here and just say anything...

January 29, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  24. Robin

The smug petulant behavior by Obama has cropped up too often for him to spin his way out of it. A picture tells a million words.

January 29, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  25. Wayne

Obama is such a hypocrite! He acts holier than thou, and then when he gets busted acted like a CAD, he denies it ever happened. Obama is a petulant snide HYPOCRITE who has the press/media eating out of his hand!

January 29, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |