January 29th, 2008

Obama: I didn't snub Clinton

ALT TEXT

(CNN) - It seems a snub is in the eye of the beholder.

- CNN's Chris Welch and Alexander Mooney

soundoff (2,059 Responses)
  1. John

YOU GO OBAMA!
    Thats the way to go against the "MACHINE"
    Send the Braud home to go clean and cook!

January 30, 2008 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  2. J. McKinney SW MO

LL says: "As was stated previously, Hillary was leaning forward to say something to Sen Kennedy. She wasn't speaking to Barack. Regardless, does this really matter in the scheme of things? Let's look at their individual records or what they believe in. That's what is important to make sure we make the best choice for the next president."

Yes, it DOES matter in the scheme of things - let's do look at their records. And when we do, we already know that Clinton has more experience, and that she actually has posted her plan to pay for everything She has suggested. Obama just talks the talk–he doesn't walk the walk. He can't tell you how he will accomplish any of his "hopes and dreams and choices". Add to that the fact that he is ON VIDEO where it is obvious he is snubbing Clinton, and we see that in addition to being too inexperienced, he is also sullen and pouty. Something we sure don't need in a president. He needs to be capable of handling himself in awkward situations with other world leaders whom he also may not like. We need Clinton!

January 30, 2008 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  3. Terry

I wouldn't acknowledge hillary clinton either. shes a virus, who would want to touch her?

January 30, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  4. Sus

He's an immature politician and he's already learning to be a jerk! No thank you.

January 30, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  5. keion

If he did or didn't. I don't care. Obama has a plan to use corn for fuel. Let's get off over seas oil.

January 30, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  6. Austin

Who cares? I mean, seriously, is it so bad even if he DID?

"We dont want an impolite president"-That was one of the dumbest things Ive ever read.
    Let's say you were a boxer, and you have a rivalry with them, would you shake their hand? Probably not.

Like said above this is in no way important and should have no impact on the democratic, or even presidential race.

A non exsisting handshake is not the end of the world.

January 30, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  7. Florida

This is a very silly topic. However, its ok for someone running to be the leader of the free world, to crack up pressure and cry before a nation audience. I was on the fence between the two until this, I don't won't my president cracking under pressure in front of other leaders, during a war, or a national disaster.

January 30, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  8. ADP

How is this possibly even an issue? Those of you who care about this clearly have your priorities screwed up. You are what's wrong with America.

January 30, 2008 08:09 am at 8:09 am |
  9. PAGuy

Hillary makes a living out of being nasty, and THIS is somehow an issue? What a joke.

January 30, 2008 08:09 am at 8:09 am |
  10. Big D

Aren't there better things to worry about?

Go McCain in '08!!

January 30, 2008 08:10 am at 8:10 am |
  11. doug

I plan to snub Hillary at the Ballot box, Go Obama

January 30, 2008 08:10 am at 8:10 am |
  12. Tony, Enterprise, Alabama

He absolutely snubbed her!

And, Senator McCaskill should be ashamed for trying to give him an out after it occurred. This is not the first time he has been guilty of boorish behavior.

As is so obvious to anyone that will pay attention, if it isn't about him he isn't interested.

He doesn't care about America or Americans, he cares about himself!

January 30, 2008 08:11 am at 8:11 am |
  13. Morgan

Wow... This is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen make news. These candidates are tearing each other apart, politically, and people are shocked that one snubbed the other?

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!

No one frigging cares! I sure as hell hope that our country is not so petty as to elect someone based on how POLITE they are.

January 30, 2008 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  14. Antonio, Tempe AZ

Dear CNN,

Please start reporting news.

Thanks,
    Antonio

January 30, 2008 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  15. dave L

CNN posts really lame stories in their headlines. The world is full of news more important than this.

January 30, 2008 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  16. Independent

I can understand how Obama might feel uncomfortable in this situation, and why his instinct was to turn away from Hillary given the rancor in the campaign. But why must he insult our intelligence by lying about his actions? I'd respect him more if he were honest about what he did and why he did it. He didn't snub her, he just reacted normally to an uncomfortable situation, the likes of which we have all experienced. If he needs to lie about this, what issues of greater importance has he been lying to voters about? That's why this incident is not just a media blowup, but an indication of character.

January 30, 2008 08:14 am at 8:14 am |
  17. Fred Pascarelli

Why even be concerned. Neither one of them can beat McCain.

January 30, 2008 08:14 am at 8:14 am |
  18. Mystified

A M G – with all of the problems facing the US today (and there are a ton of them), this is what you waste time on reporting about?

I thought news was about real issues!

January 30, 2008 08:15 am at 8:15 am |
  19. Ande

WOW – I can't believe how Hateful Clinton supporters are. No wonder I like Obama.

January 30, 2008 08:16 am at 8:16 am |
  20. true colors

you're right, this isn't an issue. the real issue is how the press would have reported it if the roles were reversed

January 30, 2008 08:16 am at 8:16 am |
  21. Yadayada

Yada, yada, yada!

January 30, 2008 08:16 am at 8:16 am |
  22. oklahoma

Here we go again! Who cares if Obama snubed Hillary Clinton ( 1 time Senator for Ill) Where is Jessie and Sharpton in this mess????. Everybody knows she is running off the coat tail of Bill. Americans need to see through this crap the Democrats are preaching as smell the coffie. The Democratic party want's an American that reallys on the Goverment for everything (WelFare State) Let the Democrats eat there own and Vote for a Republican if you enjoy being free!!! God Bless America

January 30, 2008 08:16 am at 8:16 am |
  23. justpaul

This is beyond stupid. With all of the attacks that have been flying at Obama from the Clinton camp, he SHOULD have turned away from her. Why would it be a story that he did?

January 30, 2008 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  24. Edie

Hey Matt, I have been saying Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing, glad to know someone else can see it.

January 30, 2008 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  25. Anonymous

What chu' talkin bout willis?

January 30, 2008 08:21 am at 8:21 am |