January 29th, 2008

Obama: I didn't snub Clinton

ALT TEXT

(CNN) - It seems a snub is in the eye of the beholder.

- CNN's Chris Welch and Alexander Mooney

soundoff (2,059 Responses)
  1. TomWinWA

OK, someone help me here...why is this newsworthy?

What does this have to do with the issues? Why does CNN focus on this seemingly random action, and ignore the Clinton campaign's Brown Shirt tactics in Nevada?

No wonder the rest of the world despises the U.S., if this is our idea of "important".

January 29, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  2. Lance in Monrovia

The news has no idea what to report on so they actually create news.

Obama is a good man and a politician. No politician, good or bad, ever does anything but be polite in public. the idea that Barack Obama somehow didn't be anything but polite is media induced nonsense.

get a life people. go back to brittney spears for your gossip, or else get off your butts and actually start talking about real issue and the very real future of this country that is in jeopardy if Barack Obama DOES NOT get elected.

He's the best hope we've got for a real leader.

As Ghandi said, "there go my people. I must follow, as I am their leader."

Be the change you want to see. Get involved. Vote. Call your friends and call strangers and knock on doors and shout to the rooftops that its time to change the world.

And leave the petty ignorance at home. We've all seen what it can do.

Obama 08

January 29, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  3. Sarah

This is a true indication of his character. Both he and Hillary have fired blows – she chose to rise above, he avoided her.

Is this who we want for president? I was undecided but I am strongly in support of Hillary after only hearing the words "change" and "hope" and nothing of substance behind it. We need someone capable and ready to fix this mess!

January 29, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  4. Tim, Seattle

Seriously, Hillary lovers...is that all you got? Sad.....

January 29, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  5. Russell

When you go to shake a group of people's hands, don't you normally start with the closest person to you? Clinton reached across Obama to get to Kennedy.

January 29, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  6. james, newport, KY

The Clintons are masters at making big stories out of nothing and yet denying the stuff that really matters, like integrity.

Still, this is all part of their strategy to turn off the voters and keep them home, they know that is their only chance of winning.

January 29, 2008 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  7. Economy Romney

When Economy Romney says jobs jobs he won my vote he has the right balance.

What the democratic side says doesn't matter anymore.

Bill Clinton turned off voters to the party with his comments that Jesse Jackson
    also won South Carolina.

We know what he was saying and thats not a party I want to be part of.

We know Bill Clinton lied to the Senate when he said I never had sex with that woman. He is of such poor character nothing would surprise me.

January 29, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  8. Mark

Hillary Clinton is not God or miss lucky charm -just the opposite ->

Jessica Yellin, too bad you were forced to cover Edwards and got nothing else to report.

January 29, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  9. Kate

Hillary Clinton supporters and surrogates,
    Please get a life!!!
    Why should Obama go out of his way to acknowledge those who think that they are entitled to the party nomination? The Clintons have launched several visceral attacks on Obama and i dont see that he should be going around trying to acknowledge her presence.

January 29, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  10. John A

Gotcha Obama!!! CNN emulates "You Tube".

January 29, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  11. mary ward

I am shocked the news media would report this since they have crowned Obama before I have had a chance to vote. He does not answer questions directly, he gives some cock-eyed speech about loving your mankind or some crap like that. The news media does not mention Rezko because they view Obama just like they did with Bush, hands off no questions asked.

It's called the Good Ole Boy System, it's been around for 200 years. Yes, we need change, we need a woman. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it isn't

January 29, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  12. Sarah L, Fayetteville, AR

To D.G.

Thank you for making the statement about the hatred flooding out of Clinton supporters. I have always been a supporter of Senator Obama, but, before all of this nonsense, I was going to support the nominee in the general election. After reading the posts by Clinton supporters for the last couple of weeks, there is no way I can put my support behind her if she wins.

Please understand the difference between criticizing someone on a legitimate point and hate mongering, because the latter is what you are doing.

January 29, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  13. Don

Obama did snub Clinton and it goes to show you what his politics of change might be. There is nothing here for Clinton supporters to spin, because it is what it is. He is so up on his perdistal, hopefully we will now start to see the real man. As for CNN. About time. If this would have happened in the reverse, people would have been all over Hillary. I think she showed great dignity by going over to shake Ted Kennedy's hand after he endorsed Obama. Obama saw her, and he turned away. This just sheds a bigger picture on whats been happening in his campaign and I hope more of their tatics will soon be focused on. The Obama team is not squeaky clean.

January 29, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  14. Emily

I'm not sure what the big deal is here. It's not as though Hilary is going to be the first and last thought Obama has, and I hardly think he really cares one way or the other who she shakes hands with. In that light, he turned at the moment Hilary and Kennedy shook hands. SO WHAT?! That doesn't necessarily make it a "snub." Maybe he didn't care any more than some of us "mortals" do whether she and Kennedy shook hands or swapped cookie recipies. Surely being a witness to Hilary's actions was not the priority for Obama at the State of the Union Address.

January 29, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  15. Carlos nazario

WHO CARES? These are two people fighting for the biggest position on the planet! The way the Clintons have been campaigning, would you blame him for not speaking with her? The Clintons learned their campaigning agianst the worst, the Republicans. This is the only way to beat them. I am glad that the Dems are finally showing some life! Obama is getting bashed and treated like some obnoxious little kid by Clinton(s). He, unlike other Dems, is fighting back! Tensions are high so right now they won't like each other much. Let's get to the real issues!

January 29, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  16. Chuck, Miami Fl

Yes it will cost him the election.
    Rezko will really be the end to Obama and all the pissed off women in America too.

January 29, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  17. Bob

As a European citizen living in DC, I'm surprised to see the fuss about this non-issue.. Especially after the poor speech of the President yesterday, I would expect more focus on that... To me, Obama is a good diplomate who will be most welcome in Europe.

January 29, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  18. ginny

Slow news day?

January 29, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  19. Indus

Let me summarize

Obama – All words no action – Winer, always misunderstood.
    New Name MR Misunderstood

Edwards 08

January 29, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  20. tom

shame on cnn
    is this a news organization or gossip magazine, what has our country come to
    i can't bear that our media has stoup to so low
    this is a non issue
    while people are losing their homes, our troop are dying, children living in proverty and economy lies in ruin. this is what they report

January 29, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  21. Ginny CA

Well, Obama, somebody up there snubbed her. Sen. Kennedy perhaps. . .NOT!! Why do you always lie when you're caught in some less-than-flattering light (shady connection to Rezko comes to mind) and NEVER take responsiblity for your actions?

January 29, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  22. Sarah

So Jennie Lee, how big is Obama's but?

I guess it's okay to throw that at Hillary – I've heard her called "too wrinkled" and "thunderthighs" by people.

Yah, and there's no sexism out there.

Do you truly believe Hillary staged this? Are you for real?

January 29, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  23. OBAMA4EVER

SARAH ARE U OK?????????

hillary ran a smear campaign against this man........and ur saying she avoids blows??

wowwwwwwwwwwwww

January 29, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  24. Tony

obama need to be polite and humble and should not take things to personal. Let your personal feeling involve at work is not a good thing. GO HIL 2008

January 29, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |