January 29th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Obama in Kansas City

ALT TEXT

A cameraman films Sen. Barack Obama as he campaigns in Kansas City, Missouri Tuesday.
(Photo Credit: David Allbritton/CNN)

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Chris, Orlando, FL

who the hell cares about this picture!!!

it's the back of a cameraman and a huge spotlight... an image reminiscent of a near-death experience.

come on, cnn... we know you're in bed with obama, but don't just post crappy pictures for the sake of throwing his name out there.

January 30, 2008 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  2. MA

Hello All,

I have read all the comments above and felt like to put my view into perspective.

First of all I am a woman, a civil engineer working in California Department of Transportation, came from Ethiopia about 8 years ago. I love this country like my own, I am not a citizen yet and can not vote. But I have been following presidential elections of this country with great interest, morethan my own country- the election process and the freedom amazes me. God bless this country.

Let me share with you what I observed in the 2008 election so far, I favour Obama- please do not go in to race issue, John Edwards is also my second choice. these two guys share honesty and authenticity. I used to like Bill Clinton and also Hillary. I admired her the way she handled the scandal of her husband- I really felt for her. Bill's scandal was sad, but did not matter to me a lot because his presidency overall was good. But now, I started with Iowa caucus and seen Hillary how she changed her tone and turned in to an attack mode in NH. I remember the debate in NH, when she started the attack, she said to Obama "you said Edward is unelectable". What do you think she was trying to do? it did not work for her that night, you know how they responded to her. But unfortunately some people in NH thought the the boys ganged on her. She cried, personally I did not believe her tears were morethan "I was supposed to win". But again, people felt sorry for her. I would have if I did not see how she was when she was winning. That is how she won NH. Then Nevada, everybody knows what happened before the caucus. Then comes SC, if you have seen the speech she gave in Tennesse same night she lost- it was totally fake– thanks to the commentator AL above, ROBOTIC- I have been looking for this word for so long. Thank you. To make things worse, Bill Clinton compares Obama's win to Jesse Jackson– what does it tell you? this man lost my respect big time. How can you be this way in the 21st century in great America???? He must have lost his mind, not just sleep deprivation as Hillary put it.

Let us go to the CNN for Obama comment and Tedd and Caroline Kennedy's endorsement comment. First of all, the media follows these people wherever they go and see the candidates more than we can see. They see what is happenening so go figure it out why they are favoring Obama. Now, if Tedd's and Caroline's endorsement means nothing, why do you think the Clinton's announced the other Kennedy's endorsement at the same time? ask yourself.

About the comment Obama being rude in the state union address, he is a uniter, but that doesn't mean he will allow people to walk over him. Honestly, when I first read the news I was surprised and said "big mistake Obama". But I kept researching what happened and learned that she was bashing him on several occasions before and he did not want that to happen again.

Finally, I will say this– If Obama wins, I think the time has come for America to claim the reputation back-I used to hear growing up. If Hillary wins, I think God wants to save Obama for the next term, in the mean time Hillary needs to clean the mess she created in Washington by voting for the war.

Note: my native language is not english, so please forgive me for some of the broken one. God bless you all!!!!!

January 30, 2008 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  3. Angela

Obama, gives me chills when he speaks! He has the ability to bring the country to its feet. At first my family thought we were Clinton followers... But this man is amazing! No tricks, No bells, No whistles! How refreshing! Angela Tacoma Washington

January 30, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  4. A.C

I love the Clintons and Mr. Obama. However, I will be voting for Mr. Obama. I just hope that this drive to win by the Clinton don't further divide the party. Because at the end of the day, we people for renewal and change will have to work hard to keep from maintaining the course of the past eight year. Unity will be our greatest strength in the election of Nov 08. God Bless America and all of the democratic candidates, they all enlightened us and inspired us. Nevertheless, I hold out for the true promise of unity and renewal of the America promise that Barack Obama has.

January 30, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  5. Michelle, AL

It is now 3:23 p.m. EST. Why has my other comment been lingering in moderation since 8:32 a.m. EST? And another comment of mine for another story in moderation since 1:28 p.m. EST? Is it because both comments are against Obama? They're not just "I hate Obama" comments either.. they're educated comments, even one that is quoted from your very own Time magazine. Stop moderating me, you bunch of Communists!

January 30, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  6. Barbara

PRESIDENT OBAMA, "YES WE CAN"

January 30, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |