January 29th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Obama in Kansas City

ALT TEXT

A cameraman films Sen. Barack Obama as he campaigns in Kansas City, Missouri Tuesday.
(Photo Credit: David Allbritton/CNN)

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Jen, New York, NY

FL = no delegates

January 29, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. Alex

Joe, I respect your position...but lets remember, we are all democrats. We need to stop, slow down, think about the things we are saying. I am personally an Obama supporter, but we ALL need to calm down and let the voters decide...

January 29, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  3. Basquale

Joebillary. Thats why the world hates americans!

January 29, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  4. Alyssa

That's what I like to see. Men, women, black, white, all different races, young, old, and most importantly, open to new ideas and a new perspective!

Moderate this CNN

January 29, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  5. Kevin, Illinois

For all the people that are trying to diminish Hillary Clinton GREAT WIN today in Florida, let me say IT IS A REFLECTION OF NATIONAL POLLS & SUPER TUESDAY STATES!!!! She is ahead of Obama by the same margin in national polls than in her win in Florida…SC & Iowa are not a reflection of all america…Florida proved to be just that…Go Hillary 08

January 29, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  6. Al liber

What a fluff candidate.

Whenever I hear him speak I think of a circus cotton candy.

All looks nice and sweet, but at the end you are left with an overpriced, full of air, no substance candy.

Oh, and after you are through chewing, all you have is a stick.

January 29, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  7. Randal, Birmingham, AL

How can you ingnore the democratic votes of more than 1.5 million people in Florida??? This is disenfrenchising your fellow citizens.

January 29, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  8. Benjamin

Funny...in Michigan, Undecided is the combination of Obama AND Edwards against Hillary and she still won.

Florida turnout was HUGE!! AND it had all names on ballot, and Hillary won BIG!

It doesn't matter if it's a national ad, it should NOT have aired in Florida by rule.

Don't call out a Hillary supporter for using name calling, when Obama supporters are notorious for belligerent name calling and nasty rhetoric.

January 29, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  9. denvir

Philosophical coherence with "the Democratic belief system" and a pragmatist with values, intelligence and the will to make "change" not just a word but an event that will shake the roots of all that has hope for a better USA ~ that is Barack Obama

January 29, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  10. Patrick of Detroit, MI

I'm happy to see that Hillary Clinton was chosen by the people of Florida. It's funny. I get attacked everyday in groups of my friends (I'm African American) because I'm not going along with everyone else and voting for Barack Obama. Oprah has no sway over my vote and with all of Black Hollywood coming out to support him, the same people that make these grotesque music videos that objectify women, that makes me want to support him less.

I also feel that in his past, Mr. Obama didn't display good judgement when it came to the activities he engaged in during college and as a community organizer in Chicago. And when actually looking at one's policies, I align mostly with Mrs. Clinton's views.

Also, from what I've been hearing, Obama's people are fighting to make sure the FL and MI delegates aren't seated. Tisk Tisk Tisk!!! You can't win the presidency without FL and with MI as an almost guarenteed, trending Republican state for the Democrats, November will be interesting if those delegates aren't seated.

GO HILLARY!!!

January 29, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  11. Daniel

It is God who appoints leaders and i know that what God proposes always stands and i believe Obama is the anoited one and no amout of Clintons distortions and lies about Obama will stand.

January 29, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  12. Ohio

The only reason that HIllary got the votes in Florida is that Obama never got the opportunity to campaign to the people in Florida. I am most certain that this would have made a huge difference. Obama will win out in the end!!!

GO OBAMA, YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  13. marcus

Joe:
    I'm from Flordia also and I saw Hillary ads too...weeks ago! She left South Carolina the day before the election, she couldn't even wait to conceed to Obama. That would have been the politically (pardon the pun) correct thing to do. Instead she came down here to campaign. You really shouldn't talk about her "win" because she only beat Obama by 20%...he wasn't even in the State and still got 31%, that's the best she could do! LOL!!!!!Looks like she's the looser!

January 29, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  14. Benjamin

Being Democrat doesn't guarantee a Democratic vote when the Presidential Election rolls around. I've seen A LOT of "never hillary" or "Anyone but Hillary" from Obama supporters, but why be so naive and not think Hillary supporters will vote Republican if she's not the Democratic candidate??

I like in order:

Hillary
    McCain
    Romney

Obama in 12 years...

January 29, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  15. John Adkisson, Sacramento, California

Jeff & Other Obama bashers,

Obama has tried to elevate this campaign. Folks with your sentiments may never understand why this country needs his brand of leadership, but it would be nice for once if even Hillary supporters like you could could check your denunciations at the door, and engage in a debate about the kind of leadership you want. For me, as a progressive, I want someone who can build a new coalition.

January 29, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  16. Steve

Obama is a man of integrity, a man of his word, a person who's willing to tell the truth, even when it's not what we want to hear. He won't sell his soul to get elected. As J.C. said 2000 years ago, "What's it worth to gain the whole world and lose your soul?" I hope and pray that Barack can win three or four more states besides Ga., Ala. (and the rest of the South) and Illinois next Tues, then Va. will be the beginning of the endgame, giving Obama the nomination. Barack the vote! Gobama!

January 29, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  17. carol

Basquale – if I looked up the word mysogenist in the dictionary – I'm sure your picture would be right beside Teddy's – hopefully, you don't leave your dates at the bottom of a creek like he did.

January 29, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  18. CHERYL

HOW ABOUT THOSE NUMBERS IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR ACCEPTANCE SPEECH BORACK, OR WILL YOU SNUB HILLARY AGAIN? WHO CARES HILLARY WON HILLARY WON HILLARY WON!!!!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  19. observer

Hey, is that Rezko I see standing there with Obama? Oh, can't be , he's in jail. It's just Rezko's money I see Obama spending.

January 29, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  20. Texan

no delegates and the ones that keep trying to say things in reference to race...you need to pray.

January 29, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  21. D-MT

Nobama 2008. The man is arrogant, has an excuse for everything, thinks he can walk on water, and obviously is incapable of making any real changes. He can't even show decency to fellow candidates, how is he supposed to be bipartisan or act to unite the party lines on any real meaningful level. He's all talk, talk, talk, excuses, excuses, excuses, and talk is cheap. Nobama, no way. Give me break.

January 29, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  22. JohnS

Joe is ONE of those sore" losers and LAW BREAKERS. The Obama AD is one that CNN is, and continues to run across ALL STATES, that Obama AD is NOT intended for law or rule-breakers (or even spoilers you had Bush in office) in Florida.

How can any HONEST sould ever trust Hillary VOTERS in a place such as Florida, when we cannot trust their judgments.

It may be one of the largest states, but they have CONSISTENTLY continue to BREAK RULES; I would NEVER want to live is a state such as FL!!!!

January 29, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  23. harry

Hilliary your NUMBER 1 and thanks for showing the old boys club off KERRY, DEAN, KENNEDY and GORE they are history and have no influence in the party. Obama is controlled by the backroom boys and Hillary will win because she is a free thinker and has a plan to take the Democrats more to the center and win states like Florida much like her husband did. Hillary your simply the best and the men will not keep you from the white house. THIS TIME WOMEN WILL RULE

January 29, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  24. Kathy

Pretty somber looking group tonight. They are bracing for the storm called Super Tuesday where Americans will vote on issues! I LOVE AMERICA! We are the greatest country because we vote for who we believe will be the best president, not for who we are told to vote for!

Hillary rocks!

January 29, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  25. Barbara Ca

Leave Obama alone, please, he is a nice man, and HRC is a very experienced politician, who knows all the dirty tricks in a Presidential race. She has perpretated all and more of the nasties that her husband did when he won twice.

Florida does not matter because there were no delegates won by anyone in the Democratic party. Only the Republican party had delegates for "sale."

Yes, I am white. Yes, I am a woman. Yes I am a registered Republican. Yes, I probably will "cross over" and vote for Obama in November if he wins the Democratic nomination.

If he does not I will vote for who ever is the Republican nominee, because after all this ugly campaigning by the "tag team Clinton" I would also turn my back on either of them if they came to my home town. We need a change in policy in the United States!
    Seems to me we have a chance to do something about that if we elect some different thinkers, come on, vote your conscience, people!

January 29, 2008 09:37 pm at 9:37 pm |