January 29th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Obama in Kansas City

ALT TEXT

A cameraman films Sen. Barack Obama as he campaigns in Kansas City, Missouri Tuesday.
(Photo Credit: David Allbritton/CNN)

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. teddy orlando fl

dude hillary supporters scare me

January 29, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  2. Ted

Hillary '08 and '12? Does anyone seriously want to live through an era where only two families occupied the presidency for 28 straight years? This is a republic, not a monarchy.

January 29, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  3. Terry

My support goes to Obama; if Clinton wins the party nomination I will cross party lines and vote republican. I am hoping millions of others will follow suite. I personally will do everything in my means to get either senator Obama elected or help the Republican Party. Why is America so blinded by the Clintons?

January 29, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  4. Results

Kathy, well said! I can't wait for next Tuesday! HAHAHAH...I am so excited for Hillary! Florida is just a taste of things to come. The Obama supporters can ignore the Floridians all they want but this victory for Hillary COUNTS big time. It shows her support and it shows how diverse her support is, unlike the results for Obama in South Carolina. America is not asleep and will vote on issues and not based on fluffy, feel good, empty speeches! Go Hillary! New Jersey is waiting for you on Feb 5th !

January 29, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  5. OBAMA4EVER

beren he didn't pick his endorsers they picked him...hillary supporters gosh

January 29, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  6. Results

January 29, 2008 9:57 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Kathy, well said! I can't wait for next Tuesday! HAHAHAH…I am so excited for Hillary! Florida is just a taste of things to come. The Obama supporters can ignore the Floridians all they want but this victory for Hillary COUNTS big time. It shows her support and it shows how diverse her support is, unlike the results for Obama in South Carolina. America is not asleep and will vote on issues and not based on fluffy, feel good, empty speeches! Go Hillary! New Jersey is waiting for you on Feb 5th !

January 29, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  7. carol

teddy – we will do what is necessary not to have another disaster like George W in the White House.

January 29, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  8. John ny, ny

Delegates or no delegates: 3/4 million people voted for Hillary.
    So shut your mouth Obama supporters
    He is a joke

January 29, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  9. observer...Florida

Obama brings a breath of fresh air to the party.He has all the making of a great President.It is all about the future and Obama seems to be that person.

OBAMA

'08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  10. Stan

Go Hillary!!!!!!!! Obama speaks in a tongue unknown to even himself. Hillary, as the great analyst from CNN noted about her defeat in SC, 'beat down' Ohbahma tonight in Florida. Wonder how the CNN folks will spin this, besides Susan Malveaux making a complete fool of herself by stating the Oblama camp is laughing at Hillary for her speech tonight. If Bill made these type of statements....the media would eat him alive for racial divisiveness. I smell a rat.

Hillary........keep up the confidence and congrats on your huge win tonight.

January 29, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  11. Truth

January 29, 2008 9:28 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Florida is a HUGE victory for the fine Senator from New York. The Floridia speaks volume as it is very diverse and the population is significant. Hillary Clinton beat her challengers by more than 200,000 ! If this is not huge I don't kno what is. And to think the candidates did not campaign, well only Obama did by running tv ads.

I am glad the people have spoken and I hope this trend continues come Super Tuesday! I am looking forward to my state (New Jersey) giving the victory to Clinton !

God Bless Floridia (over 1 million got out of there homes and voted!) and God Bless America!

January 29, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  12. Truth

Florida

January 29, 2008 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  13. Ray

dude...Obama Cult Members scare me

January 29, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  14. Alan

Since you Hillary fans are so excited about your so called Florida win. This vote simply couldn't come close to resembling Super Tuesday. Just in case you've forgotten, the demographics of Florida Democratic Electorate: 40% are retired leather faced women who have never had a chance to vote for an leather faced battle ax of a woman. Heck yeah their going to give her their vote. Another 25% of the electorate: Hispanic, who by the way would love to have free health in order to take care of poor old Pedro. Wake up people! Obama may not be the best car salesman, but at least he isn't a used car sales lady! It's time for Real Change in Washington girls....

January 29, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  15. Truth

Go Hillary...New Jersey is waiting for you on Feb 5th ! We will try to outshine Floridia by giving you more votes, if that's possible. hahaha...

I can't wait for next week.

January 29, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  16. Nik T, Houston, TX

Dear Obama:

Did you hear? Hillary creamed you in Florida: 50% to 29%... Oops!!

And that's despite you having shown ads in the state. Tsk, tsk.

January 29, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  17. Elena

I do not represent any candidate, or campaign. That being said I but must comment on how sick and tired I am of the endless anti Clinton spin on CNN and more so on CNBC...just stopping short of calling the Clintons a racist? Lord knows neither of them have a racist bone in their bodies. Then I see an Obama ad on CNN where he touts he was "the first Black elected president of the Harvard Law Review". What does "Black" have to do with it? Isn't that racist in itself or is it only OK to bring up race when it is to your advantage? So CNN & MSNBC's anchors in their designer dress suits, and there Mercedes Benz are spinning for their advertiser, got it. In reality they don't have a clue what MOST American's are feeling living from day to day or worrying what will happen if their kids get sick!...Is this OK?...NOT....WE ARE NOT ALL SHEEP!!! Not every poor person is illiterate, get some balance in your reporting. All in all I'll take Hillary, and thank you for allowing me to come to that conclusion.

January 29, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  18. Kilgore Trout

Seriously, you clowns who think Hillary's victories in FL and MI actually mean anything are something else. Come back down to Earth; she didn't get any delegates. With the exception of NH, Obama has won every state that counts.

The worst thing about Hillary's campaign is her husband. I loved and respected Bill Clinton during his presidency, even through the rough times. Now, I firmly believe he's tarnishing his legacy by casting petty stones at Obama and acting as if his wife's campaign is backed into a corner, which it clearly is not.

Their both big-business, Washington crooks anyway; so who cares? We all lose regardless of who's nominated.

January 29, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  19. streetsmart

Hillary and Bill Clinton lost my vote a couple of weeks ago...They will do anything to win. Now, they claim victory in a contest where no one competed but themselves and skewing the results by promising to seat Florida delegates at the Democratic National Convention. For years, I supported the belief that there was a great right wing conspiracy working against them. Now it is obvious that they are their own worst enemy and if you believe the right wing conspiracy story line then the tooth fairy and boggy man are for real. Give me a break!!!!!!

January 29, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  20. Ray

I guess CNN could not let Hillary enjoy here win, they had to add a meaningless photo.

January 29, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  21. Colbert

yes we CANT!

Colbert 08

January 29, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  22. david

teddy...borak supports scare me too!!!

January 29, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  23. Truth

I see CNN doesn't want to post my comments supporting Sen. Clinton. Well what's new? HAHAH..The voters are rejecting the media hype of Sen. Obama. CNN, MSN and all other media stations will be put to shame very soon. America is seeing how empty your candidate (Obama) is. Hillary is proven, tried and tested and still STANDS. She will be the next President. And as a man I welcome and relish in the idea of being led by a capable, experienced and strong woman!

Hillary all the way!

January 29, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  24. david

I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR OBAMA

WHEN HE LOSES, HE SHOULD HAVE HIS OWN TALK SHOW..HE IS A

GREAT TALKER

January 29, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  25. Ben

To add on a bit. I'm glad Hillary is spending time in Florida. It gives Obama the chance to gain votes that will bring him a win recognized by the DNC.

January 29, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |