January 29th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Obama in Kansas City

ALT TEXT

A cameraman films Sen. Barack Obama as he campaigns in Kansas City, Missouri Tuesday.
(Photo Credit: David Allbritton/CNN)

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Bruno

Zero delegates

January 29, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  2. carlo

I can see now how Barack Obama's supporters are usually the ones who actually read. The votes don't count! Even if the delegates are factored, they will only be factored in once the nominee is decided. Read sometimes! Some of these Hillary supporters on here are complete idiots.

She looks absolutely ridiculous tonight.

January 29, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  3. tomdavie

What a fluff candidate.

Whenever I hear him speak I think of a circus cotton candy.

All looks nice and sweet, but at the end you are left with an overpriced, full of air, no substance candy.

Oh, and after you are through chewing, all you have is a stick.

Al liber, I bet you you like stick.

January 29, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  4. dynisay

We love you Hillary supporters even with all your negative talk.

Obama is what's right for the country, thats why the Clintons fear him.

They fear the truth.

January 29, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  5. Truth

January 29, 2008 10:01 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    January 29, 2008 9:28 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Florida is a HUGE victory for the fine Senator from New York. The Floridia speaks volume as it is very diverse and the population is significant. Hillary Clinton beat her challengers by more than 200,000 ! If this is not huge I don't kno what is. And to think the candidates did not campaign, well only Obama did by running tv ads.

I am glad the people have spoken and I hope this trend continues come Super Tuesday! I am looking forward to my state (New Jersey) giving the victory to Clinton !

God Bless Floridia (over 1 million got out of there homes and voted!) and God Bless America!

January 29, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  6. Godsavemefromyourfollowers, San Antonio, TX

I know Americans are a tolerant lot; however, I just don't think they are ready to elect someone with a very foreign-sounding name. I could be wrong. I foresee a women being elected president before a Barack Hussein Obama, though.

January 29, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  7. J.R.

Clinton has no shame.

She's a sleazy little weasel who will "do anything to get elected".

BOO to the hated Billary beast. They are the same as Bush/Rove in 2000 - also cheated in Florida.

Clinton thinks you have to act like Bush to get elected. But if you become Bush to win, then you win, then all we got is more Bush!!! What's the point?

------------–

CLINTON 2008 = BUSH 2000

January 29, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  8. Robert

I sure hope education reform is moved up in priority with regard to national issues because you Obama supporters sure need it. You have to do more than listen to pundits, media and bloggers as well as read more than headlines to learn the facts. Yet it seems from reading your blogs that that is all you know how to do.

January 29, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  9. bannon

Obama can never win over John McCain. Why do democrats will vote for him? super tuesday he will loose big time. He says he will get change in washington but what change will he get that former 41 presidents couldn't get. how will he do it? i never seen any answers towards that change

January 29, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  10. gollygee

Is the empty suit still talking with forked tongue? "I'm the future versus the past" (I'm just taking these old boys to show me what to do) "I'm going to change the way we do things in Washington" oh yeah you can fool some of the people but the rest of us know how government works and are tired of your inspirational preaching – tell us how you think you"re going to do and what you think you"ll do. Lots of people were against the war but none of us heard the lies that congress was told and that includes you' so shut up already.

January 29, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  11. Godsavemefromyourfollowers, San Antonio, TX

Hey Alan, who is this "old Pedro" you refer to? I find comments like yours quite offensive as a member of the Hispanic community. I'll suggest you change your tone! IP addressess are quite easy to track, my dear Alan!

January 29, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  12. The truth

Most women are problem we have these mindless people on the blog. You have fail your job as parents., you didn't teach your sons & daughters on how to be free, but instead taught them to be prisoners of hate and rage. Now it takes men like me to help clean up the mess, you fail to do.You want peace and understanding., Then do you job right as leaders with conviction and not emotions. The Lord is watching, Listening and waiting to judge you. He's here!

January 29, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  13. Hooray

Hillary win does mean something. She has no integrity or character and will do anything to win but I'll give her this she does it all with a smile. Just imagine her making a personal promise to you and when it doesn't work for her anymore, then she change the rules.

This has turned out to be a great race to the white house.

January 29, 2008 10:16 pm at 10:16 pm |
  14. SW Ga

This is my first time voting so I'm trying to keep up with all this. What does the Fl vote mean for Obama?

January 29, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  15. Beren

To Obama4ever: Obama doesn't flaunt Ted Kennedy as an endorser? Yet he sits next to him at the State of the Union last night? That was a CHOICE of Obama's. He could have sat anywhere.

January 29, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  16. Brian

Well just like Hillary left South Carolina and campaigned elsewhere because she knew she was going to lose SC, Obama abandoned FL because he knew there was no way he was going to win there. Obama did not lose Florida because he didn't campaign there, Obama lost Florida because he couldn't win there. Check all the voting statistics if you seriously doubt that, if you've been watching this campaign closely you'll know they favor Hillary bigtime. And this is why Obama is downplaying Florida and saying it doesn't matter now. Too bad for all the Floridians who didn't want to change their primary date but are being disenfranchised now.

January 29, 2008 10:19 pm at 10:19 pm |
  17. Chris Texas

some of you arn't too bright.

This is how the Democratic nominee will be picked.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble on this one, but superdelegates have that last say so in the democratic nomination process.

Let's look at Florida. 41% Democratic. 37% Republican
    We can say this is a primarily Democratic State.
    27 Electoral Votes

Who won Florida for the Democratic nomination? Hillary Clinton by an overwhelming margin.

Who is going to be able to pick up Florida in the Presidential nomination against the Republicans? Obama with 31% of the Democratic vote? or Hillary with 51% of the Democratic vote.

Same with California, New York, etc. etc.

Who wins the states with the largest Electoral Votes will win the Democratic nomination. Popular vote is not going to win Obama the ticket. The Clinton machine already knows this. They "are" politics. Hillary will win the Democratic nomination, and it is up to us as Democrats to rally behind her in the presidential election. Super Tuesday will put her as the clear front runner, and hopefully we can place all of this Democratic segregation behind us.

Democrat '08

January 29, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  18. john

Yes,yes,yes,,,,,go Hillary.We need your leadership,experience and know how to get us out of another Bush left disaster.Congratulations.
    bring Bill back on the campaign trail.

January 29, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  19. Brian

I would also agree with the posts on here that suggest CNN's coverage here favors Obama. Why is it Hillary "trumpets" win in FL instead of "celebrates"? Let's be fair!

January 29, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  20. JohnS

Greetings, people:
    Those who are referring to the Obama AD in Florida are truly ignorant!!!!! This is very serious; most of these people are so ignorant it makes some of us SICK!!

The AD is by CNN; this AD is running and has been doing so in almost ALL the big states. I am an avid viewer of CNN in TX and have been seeing this AD since SC.

Wake up people; other nations truly and correctly laugh at us in the US because most of us are so uninformed, ignorant.. you name it!!!

When I run into so many dumb ones on university campuses, I think the public might be better off!!! However, events like this one, and the cheering for Hillary tell me that some of the people out there are equally ignorant and quite uneducated!!! God Bless us all…

Perhaps the state of Florida should simply stay out of this process, given that they simply DO NOT FOLLOW BASIC, I MEAN BASIC RULES!!!

This will come back to hunt the Democrats as the Republicans will use this so-called win of Hillary against them in the general election:

PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO REGARD FIR LAWS AND RULES OF THIS NATION!!!!

January 29, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  21. david

you gotta love donna brazille cnn most objective commentator (big time over martin)

she said:

hillary might not have received any delegate votes tonight but with over a million democrats floridians voting tonight and getting the majority votes..

hillary got her voice back

January 29, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  22. Marcus

Seriously, the Florida democratic primary vote was only a morale booster for the Hillary campaign, but that's it, nothing more. Frankly this is a wishful thinking win for Hillary. But with all due respect, as being a proud service member to my country, I do not want or will ever, ever what to inherit another Clinton as my commander- in- chief. It is time for somebody with new ideas and not a puppet on a string Bill has been manipulating through his wife. It's time for a CHANGE America, PERIOD!!!

January 29, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  23. Carol the Bigmouth

Hillary BLAH BLAH BLAH 35 months of Experience BLAH BLAH BLAH ANGry cause stick in my butt BLAH BLAH BLAH

January 29, 2008 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm |
  24. John H

This is what I do not understand, instead of talking about the political policies most people’s comments have a race or gender undertone. You wonder why people outside of the US laugh at how its citizens elect its politicians. One of the largest concerns that you guys should be talking about is your foreign dependency on oil, or the fact that innovation is not keeping up with free trade and as a result you are loosing high paying jobs to other economies like India and China. This is just a subset of some of topics people should be focusing on. Who cares about race or gender? You guys should be proud as democrats that you could have a nominee that could potentially be the first black/female president. I don’t currently live in the US and I am as liberal as they come, but even if I lived in the US, I would not vote for either a Republican representative or Democratic representative as they both really have not addressed your countries major issues. The United States is falling behind most industrial nations and they are getting killed by emerging economies and the sad thing about it is that it every day citizens do not realize it.

January 29, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  25. Paul

Al liber, fluff? circus cotton candy? no substance? what non-sense. Obama's healthcare, foreign, and economic policies obliterates that of any candidate in this race, dems and reps. In addition to policy, Obama represents a FORCE against the politics of rhetoric, divisiveness, spin, misrepresentation, and deceit. This message, his message, is what you call candy? You've been in the dark so long that you've got no use for light. Wakeup!!

January 29, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |