January 29th, 2008

Scenes from the trail: Obama in Kansas City

ALT TEXT

A cameraman films Sen. Barack Obama as he campaigns in Kansas City, Missouri Tuesday.
(Photo Credit: David Allbritton/CNN)

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Wilhemina

Give Hillary the nomination, and I am going Republican, to make sure the White House stays clean, who wants to go into a dirty house?

January 30, 2008 09:29 am at 9:29 am |
  2. D-MT

NOBAMA 2008, he needs to take off the training wheels, get the bigger picture not just the general idea of how things work, get some manners, learn how to treat fellow running mates, care about the people in individual states, not just delegates, and learn how to put action behind the words he weaves so well. Actions speak louder than words.

January 30, 2008 09:31 am at 9:31 am |
  3. DMW

Florida may not have awarded any delegates, but Hillary won in a rout and this is going to be the trend come Super Tuesday.

So, the Obama folks can say, it means nothing all they want to, but, it does mean a lot to the rest of the Country.

January 30, 2008 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  4. Daisy

zero delegates but let me tell you its VERY dangerous to say the Floridians vote doesnt count!!That goes against the very thought of the ideals of being an american.If Obama won he would be doing the same..

January 30, 2008 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  5. checkthisout

Obama grabbed 80% of the Black Votes in SC.
    And deprived Edwards of the support he had in his home state.
    He grabbed 70% of the Black votes in Florida.
    Is this a trend?

Is this a Uniter?

Now he wants Edwards White votes?

Give me a Break !!!

January 30, 2008 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  6. Angela

He's obviously seen the poll where he's losing in Missouri – he has 31% to Clinton's 44%.

January 30, 2008 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  7. Angela

"OBAMA4EVER January 29, 2008 9:39 pm ET

Hillary runs away from South Carolina (where delegates actually count) to Tennesee where she knew she would be defeated."

She's leading in Tennesee too – 34% to Obama's 20%.

January 30, 2008 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  8. Truethis

You Billary lovers do you think that Hillary can actually win the General Election?

Latino do you think McCain seriously care about you onces he gets in the White House.

Hillary will not win the general election. That's a fact. There's more parties on both sides will vote against Hillary.

Once McCain becomes the Republican nominee he has to abide by their Republican rules and on their top list: 1. Economy 2. Illegal Alien, 3. Iraq. So go ahead Latino give Hillary and McCain's your votes and see if Hillary becomes the next president and lets see if McCain will be putting you behind the line, which will happen.

HILLARY 08 – Democratic Nominee (She's too polarized)
    McCAIN 08 – President of the United States (Republican, Conservative Democratics, & Independent hates Clinton)

January 30, 2008 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  9. brenda

hey richard .just what are obamas policies.

January 30, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  10. AJ

Are you going to show scenes from the trail with Hillary?

January 30, 2008 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  11. Jim Kentucky

To all the midwest supporters of the "Clintons" campaign, I have this to say;
    1. Try to sell your house

2. Try to afford health insurance

3. Try to get a good paying job

4. Try to pay your taxes

Now you cannot ignor that these burdens were not the result of Hillarys 35 years of service or the fact that her huband Billy signed NAFTA into law. They got what they wanted and now they are set for life. VOTE OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 30, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  12. Vince, Arizona

CLINTON SUPPORTERS:

IT IS OBVIOUS THAT NO ONE ON THIS BLOG WILL CHANGE ANYONE ELSE'S MIND!!

I am an Obama supporter... I will vote for him even though it seems the numbers are against him. Hillary's scorched earth campaign will get her the nomination, but she is EXACTLY who the Republicans want to run against. I challenge ANY of you to argue with that! (Fox News will throw a party the night she wins the nomination!)

THEY WILL EAT HER ALIVE IN THE GENERAL ELECTION.

And you will have only yourselves to blame because of blind loyalty and refusal to open your minds.

God help us all when we get another 4 years of Republican rule as they keep the White House, and re-take the Senate and House.

You read it here, first.

I am copying this, sending it to myself, and will pull it out and re-post it after McCain beats the brakes off of Hillary in November, just so I can say.. I TOLD YOU SO!

January 30, 2008 11:19 am at 11:19 am |
  13. Mike

I think Obama is a good guy and smart. However he has been in politics for like two seconds as a career. I understand the concept of if you want fresh fruit, pick it off the tree early thing. However his campaign of change is going to let a lot of people down. What happens when he reaches the presidency and realizes what little he can really do? There are many people of power and position that even the president will cater to in some degree. This is why so many campaign promises are broken. They simply cannot fulfill them. At least Hillary has been exposed to a husband who was president for 8 years and she knows what she is getting into. I think she is much tougher, can make the tough decisions and knows what to do to deal with the influences on the president. Everybody talks about her failing in a universal health plan years ago but do people realize what she was up against? A billion dollar intrenched industry of insurance and big pharma. To even think about taking that on before your own political career officially starts is career suicide but she did it anyway. That to me is a person interested in change and living it.

January 30, 2008 11:26 am at 11:26 am |
  14. Joe

You go Hillary. You rocked them in Florida. You will sweep across the Feb 5th states and leave Obama standing in your dust.

Obama is in a panic. He must be begging and pleading with Oprah to power up her private jet and help him again.

First we see his childlike snub of Hillary in video and photos prior to the State of the Union. Now we see him back to whining by trying to convince people that over 800,000 people in Florida do not matter.

Hillary 2008

January 30, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  15. Texan for a United America

As I read some of the posts here I am amazed at the hatred and anger in the pro-Clinton bloggers. After Barack's win in South Carolina, I read so many racial slurs it was amazing and shocking. I flashed back to the 60's...not even the 90's

I ask you "what has Obama done to this country to get that"?

I will answer you with "what Bill Clinton did" to this nation to deserve our anger and outrage"...he lied under oath about a certain activity in the Oval Office...considered himself "above the law".

Between him and Hillary there was no end to the sexual and financial scandals that aired daily on national TV. Those were just the ones that were exposed. He was eventually impeached and disbarred for his deceit. Now I ask you...WHY do you want to have them back in the White House.? Unbelievable...just unbelievable.

To you Clinton supporters (many of whom are flaming racists)...there was another "leader" in Germany years ago that was also "above the laws of the land and decency". See any similarities?

I want much better for our country. I support Obama.

January 30, 2008 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  16. Paupers to Kings

Yes We Can!!!!

"....and HE led them all to a place they could not see from the valley in which they laid. Not because they could not do it themselves, not because 40 or so others before him did not have the abilityto do so, but because he made them do something they were incapable of doing on their own. Beleive!"

If you never believe in yourself how can you believe in others. I wish all people who placed doubt on others would kindly rest their voices and continue to speak to their shrinks about their low self-esteem issues.

The truth, Truth as that you want to be Obama, but can't because you don't believe in yourself.

Obama '08

January 30, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  17. Henry, Texas

I am a die-hard Obama supporter who will happily vote for Hillary if she wins the primaries. I have no problem with many people who place Hillary first on their list of choice candidates, but I do not understand why there is such a large Hillary crowd that speaks vile words regarding Obama. Come on, we are all Democrats. Our issues and proposed solutions are only millimeters apart. Please don't let your enthusiasm be a source of hatred.

(BTW, I realize that there are also some die hard Hillary haters, but I believe we only get them in the Obama camp by default...the "anyone but Hillary" electorate)

January 30, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  18. JAM

To Ray @10:04Pm, Good point! I think the men at CNN are afraid to have a woman president in the White House.

January 30, 2008 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm |
  19. michael e stanford

When i think of HRC's win (LOL) in FL and how much hope that she puts into the fact it will carry her through SUPER DUPER TUESDAY it reminds me of what another canadate talks about , the ordascity of hope. She must take this tainted victory and gloss it up and make it shine and then smack it on the butt so that the whole country can hear the god awful cries of the peoples of FL blind faith. with that being said i like what Hillary has tried to do for health care but what concerns me is that her inabilty to run her own campaign. It wont be just her presidency and i knowv ALLLLLL YOU DIE HARD CLINTON SUPPORTERS KNOW THIS !!. I was raised by a strong single mother who had to take care of five kids on one paycheck so no thier is no sexism on my part but i do know that this country needs progress and it needs change we need someone who not can inspires us as a nation but also someone who inspire's the whole world and President Obama will do just that OBAMA FOR THE NEXT EIGHT YEARS!!!!!!!

January 30, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  20. Farrell, Houston, Tx

GO OBAMA SUPPORTERS WE ARE ALL PART OF THE WORLD THAT SUPPORTS CHANGE, PEACE AND PROSPERITY. NO MORE WARS, HUNGAR AND HATE.

January 30, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  21. boyvy

mr obama , i pray every day for u and ur family. cos u are a different human being, and i feel and share ur cause for the crusage u have dreamed to commission ur self too. Remember its ok to aim high, and to dream high, but the same inspiration that have geared u to pick this journey is a call from god. Dont stop now my brother , we are all behind u and I am an african brother from west africa , now am an american citizen, I have followed the american politics for over 30 years. So I know.Please from my heart , I will ask if I may, u have decided not to challenge the clintons or respond to any nagative comments, stay that way and play clean all the way. tell the american people what u plan to do on the economy,jobs stimilation, healthcare for all the poor and the needy, i know u are a strong gentleman and u are intelegent to seperate the problem in ur fathers country and the business of america. I have noticed the way u stay away from it, its good stay that way.Please when talking to the nation let them know that u see no colores and no division among all of, so to make the world a safe haven, if u become the democatic nominee, could u shake the world by calling madam clinton to become ur vice? this will heal the world so generousely that u will be considered a hero. both of u will make a good partner in the white house, and with the help of president clinton u all will balance the budget again and we will have another historic surplus.Am an economic major, I also do mortgage , insurance, so i understand how the economy needs to be structured.we need economic tools the are in the economic books to fight inflations recessions,deflations, etc etc, and not wild economics stimulus that will put money in the rich, and business people overseea pocket,meanwhile the same poor americans will be left out again.I have a strong connection of africans from africa and we are mobolishing behind u to make sure all africans who are american citizen should come out to vote and show thier support for u.I have always wanted to get into heavy politic like my late dad he was a hero in my country, being a writer, journalist, and a news paper reporter who owned his own printing press were he printed news all over my countryand fought for the sake of my fellow citizens but yet the things he fourth for were not notice until after 40 years.Today we have freedom of speech, press ,and so forth , so sometimes a good coursed is worth figtindg for. I learned from my dad never to give upm no matter how long, and hard it may take or get,cos success is achieved by those who try but by all means try through a possitive mental attitude which u have my brother.Politic i love, and i want to continue what my father left undone, but i was waiting for the right time. now is the right time mr obama, go for it and do it now, yes we can.may god bless u and ur family.

January 30, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  22. john

I'm a life-long Republican who'll cross over for Obama (the uniter)........... if it's Hillary (the divider), I'll cross back and vote McCain (the moderate).

January 30, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  23. kamenwati

Clinton supporters want a return to the past and the politics of the past. I voted for Bill Clinton twice. I think that's enough support for the Clintons. We need new leadership and a new direction. I'm voting for Obama for that reason.

January 30, 2008 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  24. Christopher Kahandaliyanage

Is there a comparison? Hardly any as Hillary “clinton” is no match for Barack Obama. It is as simple as that. Endorsements for Obama by most important members of Kennedy family and then from a fatherly figure such as former president Jimmy Carter just shows what a fake is Hillary. She of course is hilariously becoming a counterfeit byproduct of a cunning man called “Bill” or no-bill. Hillary may workout well in a toothpaste commercial – for that matter!

January 30, 2008 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  25. Van Georgia

Mr. Obama
    The Clintons attempted to play on our greatest collective fears. Ironically, and to their dismay, America perception of race in terms of aptitude ended 30 years ago. I pray each night that you remain above the fray and concentrate on the issues of today and the concerns that affect tomorrow's generation. You have a gift that only comes from above; the gift to unite through effective leadership and a genuine concern for your fellow citizens. Go Obama!

Van